Marvel Cinematic Universe News, Rumors, and Discussion

There's a Marvel Comics' 75th and Daredevil's 50th Anniversary panel at 1:45 PT

The Daredevil one might address the TV show, but I doubt it. It's most likely a comic exclusive thing, and not have anything to do with Marvel Studios or their TV development arm.

[video=youtube;wbi42Igl9u8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbi42Igl9u8[/video]

Holy crap it's almost five in the morning. I should go to bed.

Last edited:
Sigh.

Man, the Marvel Studios panel was so disappointing.

I thought it was pretty crazy that they announced GotG2 before the first one even came out. Working with such an unusual team is a gamble, no matter how popular the larger franchise or how many A-listers they line up for it. GotG could turn out to be a dud for a wider audience than us fanboys.

I just realized that next SDCC (maybe even next NYCC) is going to be insane. It'll be in Phase Three (I'm assuming Daredevil kicks off Phase Three). Marvel has:

Ant-Man - July 17, 2015
Captain America 3 - May 6, 2016
Doctor Strange - July 8, 2016
Untitled Film - May 5, 2017 (Thor 3?)
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - July 28, 2017
Untitled Film - November 3, 2017 (Inhumans?)
Untitled Film - May 4th, 2018 (Captain Marvel?)
Untitled Film - July 6, 2018 (Black Panther?)
Untitled Film - November 2, 2018 (Hulk 2?)
Untitled Film - May 3, 2019 (The Avengers 3?)
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
The Defenders
Thor 3
Agents of SHIELD
Agent Carter?
Third ABC Marvel show in development

Who knows what else they'll reveal between then and now on top of that.

I thought it was pretty crazy that they announced GotG2 before the first one even came out. Working with such an unusual team is a gamble, no matter how popular the larger franchise or how many A-listers they line up for it. GotG could turn out to be a dud for a wider audience than us fanboys.

I don't know. Everyone I've talked to REALLY wants to see this, critics are raving, and it has a ton of hype.

Last edited:

GotG is a pretty sure hit given the reviews and online buzz. GotG2, given the first's almost guaranteed success, is a far smaller gamble than making the first one was.

My gripe was about them not announcing any new upcoming films, especially in relation to the fact they just announced all those new dates for upcoming MCU films, and nary a one (besides GotG2, which was revealed as happening before the panel) was announced. The Avengers - Age of Ultron footage was cool as hell, I'm sure, but the lack of new films being announced at SDCC was disappointing.

I just realized that next SDCC (maybe even next NYCC) is going to be insane. It'll be in Phase Three (I'm assuming Daredevil kicks off Phase Three).

Yeah, most likely. Ant-Man in terms of a film only view, but definitely Daredevil in an all-inclusive sense.

Marvel has: Ant-Man - July 17, 2015 Captain America 3 - May 6, 2016 Doctor Strange - July 8, 2016 Untitled Film - May 5, 2017 (Thor 3?) Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - July 28, 2017 Untitled Film - November 3, 2017 (Inhumans?) Untitled Film - May 4th, 2018 (Captain Marvel?) Untitled Film - July 6, 2018 (Black Panther?) Untitled Film - November 2, 2018 (Hulk 2?) Untitled Film - May 3, 2019 (The Avengers 3?) Jessica Jones Luke Cage Iron Fist The Defenders Thor 3 Agents of SHIELD Agent Carter? Third ABC Marvel show in development Who knows what else they'll reveal between then and now on top of that. I don't know.

Yeah I'm sure next year will be chalk full. Just don't know why they couldn't have announced some of the stuff for 2017 at this point since those films are undoubtedly confirmed. And I mean besides GotG2.

Everyone I've talked to REALLY wants to see this, critics are raving, and it has a ton of hype.

Exactly.

There was a thing a couple months ago that a third show was in development. I remember the article specifically saying Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, and a third show.

Kevin Feige Lays Out the Map For an Ever-Expanding Cinematic Universe I don't remember it being a confirmation that it was happening. I think it was more of a third one being planned, but nothing definitive.

I don't know. Maybe I missed it but the only thing I saw in that article mentioning a third thing was him talking about going from two films per year to three films per year. Didn't mention a possible third ABC television series, as far as I saw.

I have no doubt it may eventually happen. But as far as I can tell there's been no announcement of anything, even as vague as a third ABC show coming.

smiley-confused005.gif
[/url]

Last edited:
Yeah... but... weren't we figuring out where or even if a third ABC show had been mentioned?

Nice misdirection, Ice.

;)

It'll take more than smoke and mirrors to fool us!

Speaking of movies, I need some advice on seeing GotG. I've seen Avengers, IM3, Thor 2, and Cap 2 with the same group of friends. We also watched the pilot/finale/Cap2 crossover episodes of AoS together. All of them have worked out with our schedules and it's been really fun to make a tradition out of it. We even call ourselves the Assguardians. Now comes GotG. We're not going to be able to see it together until August 25th and the theater we can see it in doesn't have IMAX and may not even be showing it in 3D over three weeks later. We'll be lucky to see it on the smallest screen they have.

So I'm thinking about seeing GotG tomorrow in IMAX with the friend that I saw Thor 1 and Cap 1 with, but it feels like it's cheating on my group. I realize this is a banal question, but I actually don't know what to do so I would appreciate any advice.

Should I:

a) see GotG with my usual crew and stay loyal but see it on a small screen weeks after opening or
b) splurge on IMAX and see it opening night with another friend and then see it again with my other friends even though I've already seen it?

It'll take more than smoke and mirrors to fool us!

Speaking of movies, I need some advice on seeing GotG. I've seen Avengers, IM3, Thor 2, and Cap 2 with the same group of friends. We also watched the pilot/finale/Cap2 crossover episodes of AoS together. All of them have worked out with our schedules and it's been really fun to make a tradition out of it. We even call ourselves the Assguardians. Now comes GotG. We're not going to be able to see it together until August 25th and the theater we can see it in doesn't have IMAX and may not even be showing it in 3D over three weeks later. We'll be lucky to see it on the smallest screen they have.

So I'm thinking about seeing GotG tomorrow in IMAX with the friend that I saw Thor 1 and Cap 1 with, but it feels like it's cheating on my group. I realize this is a banal question, but I actually don't know what to do so I would appreciate any advice.

Should I:

a) see GotG with my usual crew and stay loyal but see it on a small screen weeks after opening or
b) splurge on IMAX and see it opening night with another friend and then see it again with my other friends even though I've already seen it?

I'd go with B. See it opening night and just watch it again later when your other friends are able.

Latest posts

Back