Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption (Spoilers)

I figured as much, you did let them out and all that

Metriods in this game are infinitely harder since when they are in groups you can't freeze them with missles

You keep talking about buying stuff for your ship, where the hell do you do that?

In the bonus gallery.

You buy it with all the token you get during the game

Last edited:
Oh

I never went in there yet

Maybe I should

You need friend credits for the good ones.

Basicly its people fom you wii list send you friend vouchers that turn into credit.

.....Basicly friends giving you money

I just found the last energy cell on Skytown, I have all ten and I'm off to conquer the ship Valhalla now

After that, I'm getting that pirate ships warp tech and going off to the living Phazon planet

I predict Samus is going to be evil at the end of the game

Wanna spoil a fellow Metroid freak who won't get around to buying a Wii or playing this game until next Summer? Very interested in this games storyline.

Very well. I'll assume you're familiar with the last two games in the trilogy.

Dark Samus is reborn, and takes control of the Space Pirates, using them as pawns for galactic conquest. Planning to spread Phazon across the universe, she starts creating Leviathans, giant meteorlike Phazon creatures that crash into planets and infect them with Phazon. In order to better understand Phazon, Dark Samus raids a Galactic Federation ship, the Valhalla, and steals its Aurora Unit (which is basically a good Mother Brain.)

The Galactic Federation, seeing the Space Pirates preparing for all-out war, hires Samus and a few other bounty hunters to help out. The new hunters are Rundas, who shoots ice, Ghor, who can connect with machines, and Gandrayda, who can shape-shift.

In the games opening level, Samus has to fight through a Pirate assault on a Federation ship, and makes her way to the planet Norion, where Dark Samus has just launched a Leviathan. samus than goes to reactivate the planetary defense system, planning to use satellite weapons to destroy the Leviathan before it crashes into the planet. During the level, she encounters Ridley in an LOTR-esque boss battle, and sucessfully destroys the Leviathan before it lands. Unfortunetly, Dark Samus arrives, and single-handedly defeats Samus and the other Hunters, corrupting them. As a result, Samus and the Hunters begin producing Phazon, and giving them the power to go into brief periods of 'Hypermode.'

After being fitted with a new suit to help her control the Phazon, Samus goes to other planets that have been struck by Leviathans (like Tallon 4 and Aether in previous games) Along the way, she is forced to kill the other Hunters, who have been completely corrupted by the Phazon. Furthermore, for every Leviathan destroyed, Samus absorbs its Phazon and becomes more corrupted, to the point where Samus' ship dosen't recognize Samus by the end of the game.

After destroying all the Leviathans (including one on the Space Pirate Homeworld, guarded by a Phazon-powered Ridley) Samus learns the source of Phazon: the Planet Phaaze, a sentient planet that hurls pieces of itself, which are Leviathans, at planets in an effort to conquer the universe. the Federation launches an attack on Phaaze, and a near fully-corrupted Samus has one last showdown with Dark Samus. Dark Samus eventually fuses with her stolen Aurora Unit, effectively recreating Mother Brain in all but name.

At last, Samus destroys the corrupted Aurora Unit, which starts a chain reaction that destroys the planet Phaaze and cures Samus of corruption. At the end of the 100% ending though, a dark looking ship with a striking resemblance to Samus' follows Samus thru space...the ship is presumably Dark Samus' ship.

But of course...been a Metroid fan since back in the day when the original was still new to the NES...and been buying and playing each new one as its come out. I'm a bit behind in the more recent games (played MP1 and 2 on Gamecube soon as they were released), as I didn't pick up a DS until Christmas last year. I finally played Hunters, and am now eagerly awaiting the opportunity to pick up a Wii to play this game...but first I must buy an Xbox 360 for the Halo games, and the one I've been waiting the most for: The Lost Video game. Anyway...tangent complete.

Dark Samus is reborn, and takes control of the Space Pirates, using them as pawns for galactic conquest. Planning to spread Phazon across the universe, she starts creating Leviathans, giant meteorlike Phazon creatures that crash into planets and infect them with Phazon. In order to better understand Phazon, Dark Samus raids a Galactic Federation ship, the Valhalla, and steals its Aurora Unit (which is basically a good Mother Brain.)

The Galactic Federation, seeing the Space Pirates preparing for all-out war, hires Samus and a few other bounty hunters to help out. The new hunters are Rundas, who shoots ice, Ghor, who can connect with machines, and Gandrayda, who can shape-shift.

In the games opening level, Samus has to fight through a Pirate assault on a Federation ship, and makes her way to the planet Norion, where Dark Samus has just launched a Leviathan. samus than goes to reactivate the planetary defense system, planning to use satellite weapons to destroy the Leviathan before it crashes into the planet. During the level, she encounters Ridley in an LOTR-esque boss battle, and sucessfully destroys the Leviathan before it lands. Unfortunetly, Dark Samus arrives, and single-handedly defeats Samus and the other Hunters, corrupting them. As a result, Samus and the Hunters begin producing Phazon, and giving them the power to go into brief periods of 'Hypermode.'

After being fitted with a new suit to help her control the Phazon, Samus goes to other planets that have been struck by Leviathans (like Tallon 4 and Aether in previous games) Along the way, she is forced to kill the other Hunters, who have been completely corrupted by the Phazon. Furthermore, for every Leviathan destroyed, Samus absorbs its Phazon and becomes more corrupted, to the point where Samus' ship dosen't recognize Samus by the end of the game.

After destroying all the Leviathans (including one on the Space Pirate Homeworld, guarded by a Phazon-powered Ridley) Samus learns the source of Phazon: the Planet Phaaze, a sentient planet that hurls pieces of itself, which are Leviathans, at planets in an effort to conquer the universe. the Federation launches an attack on Phaaze, and a near fully-corrupted Samus has one last showdown with Dark Samus. Dark Samus eventually fuses with her stolen Aurora Unit, effectively recreating Mother Brain in all but name.

Sweet. Thanks for the summary, much appreciated. The
"Mother Brain"
battle at the end sounds like the perfect cap to the Prime sub-series. Ever since the first MP was released I'd dreamed of battling MB in 3D, now it seems I'll get that opportunity. Hopefully a 3D Kraid fight will be included in MP4 (or whatever the next Metroid game will be called).

At last, Samus destroys the corrupted Aurora Unit, which starts a chain reaction that destroys the planet Phaaze and cures Samus of corruption. At the end of the 100% ending though, a dark looking ship with a striking resemblance to Samus' follows Samus thru space...the ship is presumably Dark Samus' ship.

Very interesting. I wonder where the series will go from here. I think more 3D, FPS are a given based off the success of the Prime games on the home consoles, but I know I'd also love to see more 2D side-scroller Metroids as well, more in the classic vein of the series on the DS.

Last edited:

It wasnt
dark samu's ship
its was
Sylux's ship
the guy from hunters
Dark samus
doesnt need a ship remember.

It wasnt
dark samu's ship
its was
Sylux's ship
the guy from hunters
Dark samus
doesnt need a ship remember.

I very much doubt that. I don't think they'd use a third-tier character from a different Metroid game altogether. Besides, Sylux supposedly died at the end of MP Hunters, killed by Gorea along with the other Hunters. I'm not saying its impossible, as in the 100% ending for MP Hunters Sylux's ship is seen pursuing Samus. I just find it unlikely that the game developers at Retro would implement story elements of a game they didn't work on (Hunters was created by a NST, a different developer). Who knows? Its possible, I just find it more likely its Dark Samus or something related.

Latest posts

Back