Avengers Mighty Avengers Series Discussion **SPOILERS**

exactly.jpg

Wolverine and Thor. Bleh. You ruined Ares for me Bendis.

I feel physically ill because Ares could've been brilliant as a villain.

I remember telling [a member of Gaijin studios] my idea of Ares in MIGHTY AVENGERS and him just looking dumbstruck going, "That's awesome."

I can't believe Bendis just took this character and turned him into a ****ing toy commerical.

ARES! With real WOLVERINE stabbing action! And THOR old-timey speech patterns!

I feel physically ill because Ares could've been brilliant as a villain.

He really could've been great as either a hero or villain. To see him as another godly hero in the ilk of Thor battling other higher powered villains would've been great.

But with that said....he would've been great as a villain. To see him causing political unrest and playing puppet master behind the scenes, only to have epic showdowns with the likes of Thor, Iron Man or Sentry.

Yeah...that would've been great.

No no no. No puppetry.

Iron Man goes up to Ares and says, "Join me or be arrested."

And Ares just goes ape****. Remember - he's trying to be a mortal to get away from his obssessive love of warfare and violence. He's got a kid for that reason. He wants to be left alone. He told the GODS OF OLYMPUS to go **** themselves when they said, "Fight for us."

And a MORTAL says, "I'm going to **** with you and your kid if you don't fight for me."

And he joins him? No. He unleashes a wrath the mortal world has not scene. He creates an army of gods and monsters and destroys the Initiative in moments. He brings the world of humans to the brink of ending - and the only ones who can stop him are those few remaining members of the Initiative, led by Stark.

They are the MIGHTY AVENGERS because they'll take down a God of War trying to kill humanity.

It also is a great reference back to the fact that Loki formed the original Avengers.

But what did we get?

The villain is a naked fembot who tries to kill the world with weather, and when that fails because someone writes some new computer code, tries to blow up the world with its nukes. She is ultimately defeated by a one-inch tall man on a flying motorbike and a COMMODORE 64.

That's right.

A COMMODORE 64.

At what point are these Avengers supposed to be MIGHTY?

THE NERDY AVENGERS, more accurate, would not have sold as well, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Is it safe to assume that the Sentry's wife is a skrull ???? She's killed by Ultron & then is alive & well. I don't buy it. Not buying into Sentry imagining it.

Is it safe to assume that the Sentry's wife is a skrull ???? She's killed by Ultron & then is alive & well. I don't buy it. Not buying into Sentry imagining it.
That's pretty suspicous.

We may see that one, but I find it a bit retarded that someone like the Sentry wouldn't be able to tell if his wife is a Skrull.

So... I tried to read #11 and couldn't. It a) makes no sense and b) is so ****ing chatterbox-y with the thought bubbles. It's terrible.

Atrocious. I 'read' it to discover more about the fan furor of how Bendis can't write Doctor Doom.

He can't.

Crappy writing... giving... the... rage...

I just read #12.

WOW! Not only was it good, it was REALLY good. No stupid thought balloons with dorky jokes in them, none of the awful forced dialogue that's been in the first 11 issues...it was excellent. It read like a New Avengers book.

It basically picks up after Secret War and follows Nick Fury. He has a run in with a Skrull just a few weeks after the end of Secret War (who was the woman supposed to be? I didn't recognize her)...he kills her, goes to Maria Hill to warn her without telling her exactly what the problem is....then goes and recruits Jessica Drew to reapply to SHIELD, making her a triple agent.

It seems to have cleared Jess of being a Skrull.

And at the end there's a splash page of Fury saying he's going to be ready when the Skrulls reveal themselves, standing in front of a wall with a bunch of photos of heroes. Several of them are circled - Wolverine, Hulkling, and Dr. Strange in red; Spider-Man, Sentry, Daredevil, Lockjaw, Cassie Lang, and Namor in blue....hmmmm...

This was easily the best issue of Mighty Avengers yet. Also, Fury looked like Lincoln from Prison Break.

I just read #12.

WOW! Not only was it good, it was REALLY good. No stupid thought balloons with dorky jokes in them, none of the awful forced dialogue that's been in the first 11 issues...it was excellent. It read like a New Avengers book.

It basically picks up after Secret War and follows Nick Fury. He has a run in with a Skrull just a few weeks after the end of Secret War (who was the woman supposed to be? I didn't recognize her)...he kills her, goes to Maria Hill to warn her without telling her exactly what the problem is....then goes and recruits Jessica Drew to reapply to SHIELD, making her a triple agent.

It seems to have cleared Jess of being a Skrull.

And at the end there's a splash page of Fury saying he's going to be ready when the Skrulls reveal themselves, standing in front of a wall with a bunch of photos of heroes. Several of them are circled - Wolverine, Hulkling, and Dr. Strange in red; Spider-Man, Sentry, Daredevil, Lockjaw, Cassie Lang, and Namor in blue....hmmmm...

You dirty liar.

*slaps E across the face and then kicks him in the balls*

Doom's just grumpy because he thought the first arc was awesome. :p

Latest posts

Back