Avengers Mighty Avengers Series Discussion **SPOILERS**

I'm sure of it. Even I don't understand why I like some of the comcis I read.

There's a huge difference between liking and enjoying a comic and thinking it's good.

I don't enjoy Sandman at all, but I can tell it's good. I still enjoy Ultimate Spider-Man sometimes, even though I'm only buying it out of nostalgia and acknowledge its quality is in a downward spiral.

You are all wrong. This good ol' fashioned summer blockbuster-mindless-drivel.

I loved it. But I am really partial because of Cho.

Thought bubbles don't bother me.

This issue made no sense. Nothing made sense.

The thought bubbles here weren't a problem...per se. It seems Bendis just wanted to have some fun with them, which wouldn't be a problem...except that it had no business to be in this issue. This is your #1. Not Nextwave #1, which if it was there, would be a different story because the book is in a different "atmosphere". It seems like this was Bendis going, "Here's my Mighty Avengers #1...Wha Huh?! style!"

I'm glad I didn't buy this.

This is almost Clone Saga drivel madness.

:sick:

Because it's a lot of detail and I want to see if you're right.

I shall spare you the Odyssey.

*ahem*

I am always right.

I think you should get it, what is horrible to us may be good for you, it's not like everyone here have the same taste.

I thought this post was going to go, "I think you should get it, what is horrible may be good for you, like poison. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger." But then it turned out to be a far more lucid and commendable post. *salutes*

This issue made no sense. Nothing made sense.

The thought bubbles here weren't a problem...per se. It seems Bendis just wanted to have some fun with them, which wouldn't be a problem...except that it had no business to be in this issue. This is your #1. Not Nextwave #1, which if it was there, would be a different story because the book is in a different "atmosphere". It seems like this was Bendis going, "Here's my Mighty Avengers #1...Wha Huh?! style!"

I'm glad I didn't buy this.

This is almost Clone Saga drivel madness.

:sick:

I think the reason for thought bubbles is because Cho (if I recall) uses them in Liberty Meadows, and Bendis wants to write more appropriately for Cho which is a good thing I think.

I just think Cho should be writing it on his own. It'd be better.

Oh snap! Read back through HoM. There is a comment by hawkeye that he says to Tony.

EDIT: oops i meant dissassembled.

Last edited:
Something that aggravated me - Ares is a God. Now, he wants a mortal life for his mortal son, cool. I like that. But he's a God. Of War. And Tony walks in on him and destroys his charade at a normal life, and potentially ruining his son's life.

He's the God of War.

Does anyone else think he 'talks to Tony and then accepts his offer' is a satisfactory resolution to that scene?

Y'know what I think? I think Ares trashes the **** out of Iron Man and Ms Marvel for their insolence. When they threaten him with the registration act, he becomes incensed. He realises he now has to leave America and his son has to leave his friends and life and move to another country. Iron Man continues - they'll find him and bring him in. Ares doesn't believe Iron Man's arrogance nor his reach of jurisdiction.

Iron Man plays the 'tough man stare' game, along with the line about how he'll get the best of the best to bring in Ares.

He's just challenged Ares, the God of War to a fight.

Ares dismisses Iron Man's challenge. He's so far beneath him, like a child challenging Achilles, he does not take it seriously.

So Iron Man arrests Ares. Ares fights back. It rekindles his love of War (like an addict being given his poison of choice) and the first arc (maybe 2-issues big at most) is these new Mighty Avengers forged to face Ares, the God of War as he tears apart the Initiative single-handedly in the bloodlust of combat hunting down state-sponsored superheroes, all the while Iron Man realises that this is another mess he's created.

It would be a nice parallel to how the original team was forged by Loki's doings.
HOLY CRAP YES. :rockon:

(I like Ares.)

Eh, I kinda liked it. With the way y'all are going on about it you would think this is Ultimate Deadpool's second appearance. o.o It's ridiculous, cheesy, and Super Friendsy, and the irony that Bendis is trying to be serious makes it outright hilarious.

HOLY CRAP YES. :rockon:

(I like Ares.)

Eh, I kinda liked it. With the way y'all are going on about it you would think this is Ultimate Deadpool's second appearance. o.o It's ridiculous, cheesy, and Super Friendsy, and the irony that Bendis is trying to be serious makes it outright hilarious.

Lil Brother is back!

I missed our Lil Brother!

How was the closet?

Anyways, did anyone else laugh at the previews they have up in Newsarama? They have the entire ensemble staring at I'm Frank Cho and I like to draw naked woman Ultron. And the giant monster in the background looks like he's trying to peek around the building like, "Hey guys, why aren't you fighting me?"

Last edited:
The spread page is poorly laid out. It looks like it focuses on the little baby moleman lying in the crater. The reaction shots are just like, avenger, moleman, avenger, hot dog guy, avenger, avenger, giant monster, avenger, moleman. Weak. That said, the art is good and inexplicably female Ultron is actually curvy and has thighs, which somewhat softens the blow of the "inexplicably female" part. Cho may have a reputation as a cheesecake author, but he's definitely proved himself on this book so far.

I'm just trying to find something nice to say because I know I'm already biased against this book on account of Stark hate, stupid title hate, fugly helicarrier hate, Carol hate, Sentry hate, Bendis hate, and inexplicably female Ultron hate. I'm holding out hope that that's not Ultron, it's actually another one of his incestuous daughter-wives, and that this arc will get into gear.

OK, since eveyone is in suspense. Clint tells Tony that Utron could be living in his suit without him knowing it. huh? huh?

OK, since eveyone is in suspense. Clint tells Tony that Utron could be living in his suit without him knowing it. huh? huh?

Oh yeah. I just reread that last night. . . It also starts with Tony addressing the UN about the "new role of super-heroes in today's society" or something.

Oh, please tell me thats not a set up for Utron to be behind the Civil War...

Is female Ultron half silver and half skin-tone?

By the way, I'm loving female Ultron so far. hopefully not.

Just so you know this means your into people who say surgically change their gender. Because Ultron is a masculine robot now pocessing a males body and changed it into female.

Just so you know this means your into people who say surgically change their gender. Because Ultron is a masculine robot now pocessing a males body and changed it into female.

Ultron is 100% man-bot, what with his creepy incestuous daughter-wives and him actually saying "father knows best" once. I still hold out hope that this is another creepy incestuous daughter-wife.

Latest posts

Back