Avengers New Avengers discussion (#1-20; spoilers)

icemastertron said:
Awesome!

But what about me, too? :cry:
Aaaaaw, don't cry. You are obsessed with the Sentry just as UltimateE. It's just that his obsession goes a little deeper than yours. :wink:
Besides I didn't want it to crash with your Iceman (a.k.a Robert Drake) obsession. :D

this is part of new avengers? is it supposed to be a flashback issue? overall, I was kinda dissappointed, even though I too love the Sentry.

He seems too dark for that silver age era...

marvelman said:
is it supposed to be a flashback issue?

Something like that, it looks like. Notice that Paul Jenkins is listed as the writer...I'm assuming this is a comic book that Cap/Iron Man are showing Sentry in the story, "proving" what they said at the end of issue #7.

ah, yes, that would be perfect then. As long as it goes back to the main story and doesn't focus on this retro issue the whole time, I will be happy.

Ultimate Warrior said:
Aaaaaw, don't cry. You are obsessed with the Sentry just as UltimateE. It's just that his obsession goes a little deeper than yours. :wink:
Besides I didn't want it to crash with your Iceman (a.k.a Robert Drake) obsession. :D
What are ya crazy?! You can't rash that! Im so obssesed just as E, that I even had 2 avatars with him...though one was with Iceman's head.

Cant wait til Thursday. Cant get it tomorrow because Im at work before my comic shop opens, and I have a dentist appointment at 6. :(

icemastertron said:
What are ya crazy?! You can't rash that! Im so obssesed just as E, that I even had 2 avatars with him...though one was with Iceman's head.
OK,OK. You win, you are both equally obsessed. My first post has been edited.
icemastertron said:
...and I have a dentist appointment at 6. :(
All you guys ever think about is having fun :wink:

Jae would have made more sense instead of him wasting his time on that Hulk Issue, but for that retro feel I would have loved Steve Rude to have done it.

UltimateE said:
Something like that, it looks like. Notice that Paul Jenkins is listed as the writer...I'm assuming this is a comic book that Cap/Iron Man are showing Sentry in the story, "proving" what they said at the end of issue #7.

That's what I'm thinking, too... There's gotta be something to these pages...

Seeing all these posts about the worries of the retro pages I start to worry how many of you that have actually read the Sentry TPB :?
There was retro pages in that too and all they did was to give the Sentry a little background and an understanding of the Sentry and they where only for a few pages, never a whole issue. I suspect that the pages in the preview is going to do something similiar OR be just a comic that the New Avengers shows the Sentry to convince him that he is not who he thinks he is (or is he?).

Ultimate Warrior said:
Seeing all these posts about the worries of the retro pages I start to worry how many of you that have actually read the Sentry TPB :?
There was retro pages in that too and all they did was to give the Sentry a little background and an understanding of the Sentry and they where only for a few pages, never a whole issue. I suspect that the pages in the preview is going to do something similiar OR be just a comic that the New Avengers shows the Sentry to convince him that he is not who he thinks he is (or is he?).
I say its the latter, but its not real. The Sentry is real. 8)

Ultimate Warrior said:

Indeed.

Ultimate Warrior said:

Kinda like with Supreme.

Bass said:
Surely the issues are examples of what "Paul Jenkins" has written?

That's what I said.

no i understand, i just wanted them to move FORWARD with the story rather than do an origin issue like comics used to do every 50 issues or so (or the batman movies every movie)

Latest posts

Back