Avengers New Avengers: Revolution discussion (#26-31; spoilers)

Re: New Avengers discussion (#26+; spoilers)

Hell. Yes.

You guys are crazy.

That was totally out of left field, implies major changes/problems in the Marvel U as we know it, and brings together at least 2 sort of "areas" of the Marvel U that to my knowledge have never met (cosmic/Skrulls and Elektra/The Hand).

What possible interest would the Skrulls (or *A* Skrull) have in impersonating Elektra? Can't wait to find out.

I so hope that the Elektra that came back under Frank Millar was a Skrull. This whole time.

All this griping...you guys are nuts.

5/5

I'm nuts? I just this this is weird man. I mean Ninja Skrulls? And with the hand in the mix... Undead Ninja Skrulls. All they need is cyborg parts and a swastika on their arm and you have the ultimate villain.

And, to boot, the Cage baby is a Skrull too? Is the real baby kidnapped, or was it born from Jessica Jones a Skrull?

She was pregnant an awful long time...

You're blind and below average intelligence if you think this is a good thing.

...Weak.

If you're going to break forum rules at least offend me.

It makes absolutely no sense for Elektra to have been a Skrull for the last twenty years.

Heck, she just died again a couple years ago in Enemy of the State! Why didn't she revert then? This is so stupid.

Is Bendis so busy now he's letting Corky handle his scripting some months?

...Weak.

If you're going to break forum rules at least offend me.

I'm being mild. Let's not fight.

Unless you're a skrull too. . .

Last edited:

It makes absolutely no sense for Elektra to have been a Skrull for the last twenty years.

Heck, she just died again a couple years ago in Enemy of the State! Why didn't she revert then? This is so stupid.

Who said she was a Skrull for the last 20 years?

Let the story play out.

I'm being mild.

Corky?

003_WHOISCORKYROMANO~Corky-Romano-Posters.jpg

I have a feeling that the skrull Elektra won't have anything to do with the next event but the kid will, and yes I think that they are two entirely different stories.

Oh E. You only say you liked this issue 'cuz you don't want to admit that I was right about this being a major letdown.

But I kid. Even though it was a bit silly, this is still my favorite NA arc so far. Bendis has really improved his game, and Yu is my favorite artist they've had on the book. For the book, I mean.

Even though it's still "written for the trade", more stuff happens in one issue of NA then in a whole arc of Mighty Avengers. Blecch.

Hmm. I've been using blecch a lot lately. Wonder why?

4.5/5

Sorry for the double post, but has this been merged with the NA 31 thread? 'Cuz I've been going crazy trying to find it only to come up with nothing.

Who said she was a Skrull for the last 20 years?

Let the story play out.

Something Baxter pointed out in the other thread seems to bear this out, actually. Given the recent rumor about Frank Miller coming back to Marvel, contingent on an unnamed particular plot being dealt with to his satisfaction...and he's always said how he hated Elektra having been resurrected...?

Wow, I totally didn't know what was happening. I saw Elektra's corpse and just thought "Huh. She's ugly when she's dead." Totally didn't get that she's a Skrull.

And I thought the last page that led into the epic event that will redefine the Marvel Universe of 2008 was the baby opening it's eyes. WTF. This issue was stupid, and I loved the last four.

Maybe you guys can't see, but it says SPOILERS on the damn thread title. No need to put it in the thread unless its an advance copy.

Oh wow a Skrull? I didn't see that. Well now I'm not so disapppointed. I was pissed thinking, " what the **** is so great about Elektra being dead?!" WHy would this tie in to the big event next year? Why not cap? But now it all makes some wierd stupid maniacal Bendis Scott Card sense.

I'm nuts? I just this this is weird man. I mean Ninja Skrulls? And with the hand in the mix... Undead Ninja Skrulls. All they need is cyborg parts and a swastika on their arm and you have the ultimate villain.

I didn't see anything indicating that the ninjas were Skrulls.

I have a feeling that the skrull Elektra won't have anything to do with the next event but the kid will, and yes I think that they are two entirely different stories.

I have been reading up on a few other boards and the (prevailing?) theory is that this big even is very much Skrull-related and breaks after we find out that Skrulls have been infiltrating everywhere to take down Earth from the inside. Sounds like the Chitauri.

Skrull Qaeda!

Oh E. You only say you liked this issue 'cuz you don't want to admit that I was right about this being a major letdown.

Don't flatter yourself. :D

Sorry for the double post, but has this been merged with the NA 31 thread? 'Cuz I've been going crazy trying to find it only to come up with nothing.

Yes, I merged them.

Wait, so what's the deal with the baby?

It has crazy eyes, sure... Maybe its absorbing all sorts of magic in Dr. Strange's place... Maybe Dormammu just woke up inside the Cage Baby...

Oooh... The baby WAS born in the Sanctum Sanctorum... So I guess some demon using the birth as a moment of ressurection isn't all that farfetched...

I reeeally don't think they're going to retcon the past 20 years of Elektra to make her a Skrull... She had an ongoing for a while, more than once, where she was narrating... There was NOTHING to indicate this. The real Elektra is alive somewhere... But this Elektra clearly has an Agenda...

How many high ranking figures in how many organizations have the Skrulls infiltrated?

Did the Skrulls pay Electro to free all the supervillains from the Raft? Did the Skrulls hire the second Black Widow to fight the Avengers?

The Kree-Skrull War hits the Marvel Universe again in 2008?

They just brought back Captain Marvel. They have his son, who is part skrull, part kree, on the Young Avengers. They have a Skrull in the Runaways. Not to mention that Captain America, the most uniting figure in the Marvel Universe is dead. They'd be catching us with our pants down. The heroes are having a hard enough time uniting for WWH.

In Comic Peoples Minds, Events come in threes... Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis, and the looming Final Crisis... Civil War, World War Hulk, and then finally Kree-Skrull War... Wow, maybe it was conceived this way, Civil War is a step down from a World War, which is a step down from a Galactic War... Hmm...

With no one to lead the Marvel Heroes, someone will need to finally fill the shoes of Captain America... The sense of Urgency might be what makes Bucky finally put on the Costume, realizing what he has spent his entire life training to be.

Okay, Well even if I'm only a little right, I'm kind of excited.

This explains everything!

HOUSE OF M?

Scarlet Witch was really a Skrull trying to weaken the world!

AVENGERS DISASSEMBLED?

You mean Skrulls disassembled!

CAP GETTING SNIPED?

No, it was merely a Skrull getting sniped!

THIS LADY THAT KEEPS COUGHING NEXT TO ME IN THE LIBRARY?

She's really a Skrull in disguise choking on Marvel Heroes!

WORLD WAR HULK?

More like World War SKRULL!

SKRULL KILL CREW!

Well...that one actually makes sense.

THIS ONE PLOTPOINT CAN EXPLAIN EVERY PLOT HOLE EVER!

WHOOPEE!

Isn't it funny that in the flash, Bendis defeated the UC-Team with a plot point.

I predict the future.

And if you think that this is beginning of your typical Skrull story, I promise you it is not. It is an extremely well thought out storyline that uses the Skrull mythology and stories that have come before in a way that is true to what they are, but in a way that you haven't seen before.

The closest I can come to explaining it is like where someone takes an idea that was fun but maybe cheesy and find a way to tell it in a way that is genuinely chilling, not unlike the new Cylons in Battlestar Galactica or when they reinvented the Klingons in Star Trek - you take the central idea, and take it seriously, drop the cheese and silliness. In this case – it's shapeshifting aliens who literally, religiously believe that this – earth – is their planet. It's written in their scriptures – this is their planet. They don't have one, so not only do they want it, they need it. And they've been told that it is theirs.

So – with that out there, would they come at us with space ships and rayguns and a "Bwahaha, here we come!" as they've done in the past, and had not work out, or would they, stealing a page from Buckaroo Banzai and The Hidden and the other stories like that…use guile and stealth to come in and take the planet over without us knowing it? Think about the shapeshifting mentality, and the ideology and philosophy behind it all – they would use that as a weapon primarily, and infiltrate. Then – once they're here, they'd use our own flaws against us. That is the story that's going to be told.

Sounds good to me.

CBR talks to Bendis about NA #31

It's very similar to the Newsarama article, but it gives a little more away in terms of what's been planted prior to this and what is to come later this year. Despite the spelling mistakes, I think it's a better read.

And it got me pumped for the coming months. Bendis says he's got this totally mapped out, so lets hope for good storytelling rather than "Current USM storytelling."

NRAMA: Right – after the Kree-Skrull War, and the Illuminati were captured…

BB: And may have inadvertently given them the genetic keys to do what they are doing, which is different from what they did in the past.

NRAMA: And they were captured…

BB: Right – we don't know how long they had them, and we don't know if they got them out.

NRAMA: Wait – they all got out.

BB: Did they?

NRAMA: End of the issue, yeah – all the members of the Illuminati were there.

BB: Were they?

NRAMA: Wait – so since shortly after the ending of the Kree-Skrull War…you're saying…

BB: Yup – that's what I'm saying.

NRAMA: Bastard. So possibly, for what, thirty+ years, one or some of those characters could have been Skrulls?

BB: [laughs] I'm not saying yes or no to anyone, but the important thing is that it's crazy, but it's planned crazy. It's all been planned out.
I ****ing hate Bendis. I hate him so ****ING MUCH!

If the bolded part turns out to have happened, I'll stop reading Marvel comics. I swear to God.

Latest posts

Back