Avengers New Avengers: The Trust discussion (#32-37 +Annual 2; spoilers)

Re: New Avengers: The Trust discussion (#32+; spoilers)

Bass, how dare we have conflicting viewpoints with the rest of the board

And VVD has no say on this, he likes Mighty Avengers

Mighty Avengers is so bad it's good. Just not that good.

Mighty Avengers is so bad it's good. Just not that good.

Mighty Avengers is so bad it's good. Just All-Star Batman & Robin The Boy Wonder good.

Mighty Avengers is so bad it's good. Just All-Star Batman & Robin The Boy Wonder good.

Funny how we were both thinking that.

I enjoyed the little spat between Luke and Peter. Very shady business.

And Deathlok. Where the **** did he come from?

And next issue. Wolverine vs The Hood.

The Hood is ****ing awesome.

Also, Luke is a dick. Therefore he'll sacrifice himself to save his wife and child in the Skrull event.

Pretty good issue - not as good as the previous few but still good.

So...Luke's baby is a Skrull, which means one of 3 things - 1) Luke is a Skrull (doesn't seem likely) 2) Jessica is a Skrull (I love that Luke doesn't even trust her and can't tell her why - great writing there), and 3) Neither is a Skrull, and the baby was Baby May'd and replaced with a Skrull.

Luke is being really hard on Peter. Could Peter Parker really be a Skrull? Would Marvel do that and effectively rehash the Clone Saga? Or could Luke be a Skrull trying to break the team up? Hmmm...

The Deathlok thing was cool but the villains involved in the trade...that seemed a little forced and was kind of hard to follow. And I'd have to go back and read my older Daredevil trades, but I could have swore that The Owl was already dead.

This book is built on strong dialog and this issue did not disappoint. Love the infighting.

Pretty good issue - not as good as the previous few but still good.
That's exactly what I thought!

But on Luke's baby being a Skrull- now I'm not sure. Because has anyone noticed how there's more people in this book with green eyes? The baby might not be a Skrull and the eyes could just be something to throw us off.

As for the Owl, remember he was just in Bru's DD while Matt was in jail?

Last edited:

But on Luke's baby being a Skrull- now I'm not sure. Because has anyone noticed how there's more people in this book with green eyes? The baby might not be a Skrull and the eyes could just be something to throw us off.

If so, that would be the worst red herring in comic book history. I don't think that's the case.

This is Bendis, he is capable of these bad Red Herrings

Plus, the baby ain't a Skrull either

I see what you mean Ice - I thought at first that you meant if the glowing eyes mean nothing at all. THAT would be stupid. But if the baby has powers and that is somehow related to it and it's NOT a Skrull, that would be OK.

I don't see it as a bad herring.

I see what you mean Ice - I thought at first that you meant if the glowing eyes mean nothing at all. THAT would be stupid. But if the baby has powers and that is somehow related to it and it's NOT a Skrull, that would be OK.
Yes, I didn't mean that they didn't mean anything, but there's something alright. I believe the bellboy had green eyes in this issue.

Will we see the real Elektra anywhere? Brevoort: "That's a good question. You'll have to wait awhile until Secret Invasion." He added that fans will see the Skrull Elektra body in Illuminati #5. "It's all coming, but not for a little while yet."

Latest posts

Back