Planetary

I had been downloading them, but now I'm finally getting the trades.

News on #26 from Warren Ellis's Bad Signal:

Old news: I finally got the back end
of PLANETARY 26 the way I want it,
so now it's on Cassaday's desk, for
a probable autumn release. 26
finishes the main story. There'll
be a 27 as an epilogue at some point,
but 26 closes the main business of
the book.

I am up to issue 11 of this.

The series is so much fun. Every issue is a fun poke at something.

I like the Veritgo issue with the Constantine (Jake Carter) character. I love the funeral with the pokes at Swamp Thing, the Endless, and others. I didn't know that was a Miracleman rip at the end. That's genius.

All I've really seen of the Four is the Human Torch one and I think it was Reed in a flashback.

I'm looking forward to finding out more about Island Zero. And hopefully see that Godzilla thing in action.

I love that the Authority is the over the top, violent, superhero, epic, action. While this is more mysterious, underworld, ****.

They work so well together without really dealing with each other. I still need to read the crossover.

And I hope the reveal of the 4th man is as hyped as it seems to be going.

SNOW!?

FREAKIN SNOW!?

I didn't see that coming and it made perfect sense.

I finished all 25 issues so far.

I love the Four. They are so evil. And the whole meaning behind the 1990 babies.

I love what they did to the Thing. That was great.

I can't wait for more. I need more. The ideas in this are so fantastic.

I loved the thing with Thor's Hammer and the artifacts of Superman, Green Latern, and Wonder Woman.

One of the best things I ever seen in my life.

I now agree that Ellis is the internet jesus.

Last edited:
Yay. I got the third trade of Planetary.

This series is still awesome. Cassady's art rocks and Ellis' stories are interesting.

Can't wait for the final trade.

Expect to wait another year or so...

Issue 26 is coming out sometime October-December, and 27 (the final issue) is coming out sometime in the spring of 2007, according to Ellis.

I'm thinking they might leave 27 out or something.

I download them as they come out, anyway.

If it were DC, maybe, but Wildstorm is far more lenient about Creative control over the series, and is usually good at collecting everything the writers wanted collected.

And it would be stupid not to collect the resolution of the entire series...

Not if #26 is the story resolution, and #27 is an epilogue-esque issue.

Dr.Strangefate said:
:?

I'm sorry... I just can't think of ANY reason why they would do that.

Because Warren Ellis is the Internet Jesus.

ProjectX2 said:
Not if #26 is the story resolution, and #27 is an epilogue-esque issue.

Are you suggesting they wouldn't collect #27 in TPB? I agree with Doc, I can't imagine that happening.

According to a Bad Signal sent out today, Planetary #26 will be out next week.

Between this and Seven Soliders #1, I might have to start wearing Depends to avoid soiling my pants.

I can't read a copy of #26 until next week, at the earliest but I MUST know how it ends.

Put it behind a spoiler tag, if need be. I'm dying for ANY kind of summary and comments.

Too lazy to summarize... I was simultaneously pleased and disapointed, but it was a fantastic read, just a little too... I dunno... Easy?

I can't wait to see the epilogue... hopefully it will be extra long.

4/5

summery of issue #26.

issue #26 begins with drummer, snow, and jakita sitting around a table looking at a communication device taken from the mind of john stone. snow then has drummer establish contact with randall dowling. elijah then offers dowlling a "permanent truce" in exchange for the entire knowledge base that he and the four have obtained and in return he wont kill kim suskind. he even goes on to offers him the location of the shift ship and promises not to stand in the way when the alien invaders come to collect on the debt that dowling has promised. snow goes on to tell dowling that he needs this knowledge to add to his own that he is a century entity and needs to complete things before he leaves. dowling is to small an entity for him to be worried about. he does this by spouting some mumbo jumbo new agey hocus pocus that infuriates dowling and by playing on his insecurities, greed, and arrogance, he convinces dowling to agree to the trade.

the trade takes places in the middle of the desert where jakita and the drummer first met up with snow. snow agrees to meet the two remaining members of the four by himself but when dowling and suskind arrive they find him with the drummer who has come to take hold of the records that they are to turn over. dowling tells snow to have drummer stand off to the side so that he can be checked for devices. once checked dowling turns over the device to snow who walks over and gives the records to drummer who checks that its legit and splits so that dowling and snow can have their chat.

snow gives dowling one last opportunity to join up with him and work for the betterment of humanity and this world or die. dowling believes that he can stretch into snows mind before he can use his powers to stop him. it looks like he has the upper hand till snow shows him a little device that drummer slipped him that distorts all localized informational space except for one thing snow them says "door" and disappears. suskind then basically calls dowling a nincompoop as jakita runs in to snatch up the drummer. the shift ship which has been buried under the desert rumbles to life breaking through the dessert floor causing suskind and dowling to plumet to their deaths.

snow then has the ship set a course for the parallel "toilet-on-fire" earth where he deposes of a now life less and distinctly flatter dowling and suskind along with a message that if "toilet on fire" earth ever "attempts an incursion into his universe [he] will delete them from the informational superstructure of reality."

jakita then says she can't believe it's over just like that. snow laughs telling her that the real work is just beginning and that he has one loose end to tie up before they can spend the rest of their long lives on that strange planet that they love.

good issue 4/5

Last edited:
I can't wait to get the fourth TPB of Planetary. They are great trades.

#26 was pure awesomeness. I love the "new" Elijah Snow - balls out, no fear. That was bold dumping the bodies of Dowling and Suskind with the note.

Oh, and they are totally going to bring back Ambrose Chase.

Latest posts

Back