Planetary

have you heard of them continuing the series or is this just conjecture for #27? i'm really gonna miss this series. it's such a creative spin on so many different stories. not to mention gr8 art and storytelling. ellis has such a handel on snow and has developed him into one of my all time favorite characters without making him to over the top...well there was the tourture issue but...

I saw a preview of an issue not too long back. Don't know what was going on exactly, but sure sounded interesting. Once I have settled everything at my comic shop, I'll see when I can get the TPB. If not for anything else, I'd get this book solely because of Ellis and Cassaday.

Last edited:
I saw a preview of an issue not too long back. Don't know what was going on exactly, but sure sounded interesting. Once I have settled everything at my comic shop, I'll see when I can get the TPB. If not for anything else, I'd get this book solely because of Ellis and Cassaday.

Did you happen to catch which issue it was?

I just read #26

I'm late, I know.

The best part was the note, but I wasn't a fan of how easily Dowling and suskind were defeated. But, you can't cover everything, it's a good enough explanation.

I agree with E, the last issue will be the return of Chase, and then the death of Snow.

I just read #26

I'm late, I know.

The best part was the note, but I wasn't a fan of how easily Dowling and suskind were defeated. But, you can't cover everything, it's a good enough explanation.

I agree with E, the last issue will be the return of Chase, and then the death of Snow.

Better late than never.

I don't get why people were disappointed with Dowling & Suskind's deaths. Is it because Dowling is so intelligent that he shouldn't have been killed that easy? That's kind of the point; all that intelligence and he gets offed because they other guy planned better. I thought it was awesome, and much better than some big moronic fight scene.

Eh, I was expected something more climatic I guess
Ditto. I was expecting it to be a riff on Crisis on Infinite Earths, honestly, with almost every one of the Planetary organization's allies re-appearing to help Snow (from the Constantine/Spider Jerusalem analog, to the "Angels", to Melancthia) in a homage to big George Perez-style battle scenes. Not to mention a confrontation with the Eternals/New Gods analogs introduced in #25. That aspect kinda felt unresolved. Perhaps even resulting in the destruction of the snowflake multiverse, and the creation of a "one true reality".

Last edited:
Ditto. I was expecting it to be a riff on Crisis on Infinite Earths, honestly, with almost every one of the Planetary organization's allies re-appearing to help Snow (from the Constantine/Spider Jerusalem analog, to the "Angels", to Melancthia) in a homage to big George Perez-style battle scenes. Not to mention a confrontation with the Eternals/New Gods analogs introduced in #25. That aspect kinda felt unresolved. Perhaps even resulting in the destruction of the snowflake multiverse, and the creation of a "one true reality".

That's a Morrison comic.

In ellis comics, the world doesn't get saved, but the good guys still win...

I dunno. One arc of Doom Patrol ends with the end of the universe still happening - just slowly.

Hmph. I wonder if that'll be in Countdown... :roll:

Mark Millar, is that you?

So like I said before, at WWP I got Book 1 (For free). But after reading it, I want the rest of the series right now!!!

There are 2 more volumes, plus a volume of crossovers which is pretty good. We're waiting for the last issue of the series (which I believe Ellis has just finished).

The series was only supposed to go 24 issues but went 27.

There are 2 more volumes, plus a volume of crossovers which is pretty good. We're waiting for the last issue of the series (which I believe Ellis has just finished).

Yeah, I remember reading news about 27 some time ago. I guess Book 1 was the first 6 issues right, plus the special they had shown before.

And now I have read the other two volumes. Issues 7-18. I read volume 2 last week I believe, or the week before. I just finished volume 3.

I really love this series. One of the top 5 comics I have ever read. Ever. I really love how Ellis writes everything in this series. It's just awesome. Really.

I'm excited to read the rest.

Last edited:
And now I have read the other two volumes. 7-18. I read volume 2 last week I believe, or the week before. I just finished volume 3.

I really love this series. One of the top 5 comics I have ever read. Ever. I really love how Ellis writers everything in this series. It's just awesome. Really.

I'm excited to read the rest.

Awesome. I'm glad you gave it a chance.

It really is one of my favorite books ever, and the way it pays homage to so many characters and stories (not just in comics) is beautiful.

Ellis said that Cassaday will start working on #27, the last issue, in early 2008.

Ice - wait until you see how things start to come together in the more recent issues.

Ellis said that Cassaday will start working on #27, the last issue, in early 2008.
Yeah. It's gonna be a killer waiting for the last TPB with the remaining 9 issues.

I guess Cassaday will start this right after he finishes up with GS AXM #1.

Ice - wait until you see how things start to come together in the more recent issues.
I am giddy like a school girl wearing a cheerleaders outfit and watching some random guy save a hot celebrity from an oncoming truck.

It's orgasmic, really.

One of the homages I really liked was when it was revealed in #17, where we find out who Jakita's parents are. At the end, Elijah says that he brought her to a German couple named the Wagners.

Sound familiar? :D

Did anyone else pick that up?

Last edited:
Yay! PLANETARY love!

As for the Wagners thing - I honestly didn't catch the Nightcrawler reference, but I'm not sure if it's intended simply because Wagner is such a common German name. :|

Latest posts

Back