Punisher MAX [Aaron/Dillon] discussion (Spoilers!)

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
If anyone can write a Punisher story that can stand up to Garth Ennis's work, it would be Aaron.

The first issue was a very quick read but I think it has a lot of potential. I have a feeling that the MAX version of Wilson Fisk is going to be a very interesting character indeed...

I didn't like it. Way too much swearing, and it firmly places MAX out of continuity even though previous events from the series have been referenced in 616.

I didn't like it. Way too much swearing, and it firmly places MAX out of continuity even though previous events from the series have been referenced in 616.

Boo! Go read Franken-Castle!

tumblr_kuglawpBzL1qzla78o1_500.png

#2 was great. Fisk is terrifying. If he's like this, I can't wait for Bullseye to appear.

This panel is NSFW.

Boo! Go read Franken-Castle!

:( I'm reading Franken-Castle.....

I'm digging Aaron's take on MAX. While it's not nearly as great as Ennis' stuff, it's still pretty excellent, and the introduction of new takes on Marvel U characters really brings it to a new level.

Also.... Punisher MAX in continuity? Huh? That hardly seems appropriate to me.

The first Punisher MAX was never in the same continuity as 616, his universe was Earth-200111 (or at least the Marvel wikia says so), and the Nick Fury from the series doesn't seem to at all to be like the one in 616.
The first series was awesome untill Ennis left... the first arc after he left was so ****ty and the characterization of Frank was so off that I stopped reading the book :(
Is this new series in the same continuity as the old Punisher MAX?
I only read the first issue, I'd have preferred if it focused more on the Punisher, but it was a nice read, I enjoyed it. Hope the second one's good too :)

Is this new series in the same continuity as the old Punisher MAX?

Yes.

I thought #2 was even better than #1. There's still not much focus on Frank but that's because Aaron is still building up the Kingpin. The moment they encounter each other is going to be epic.

Yes.

I thought #2 was even better than #1. There's still not much focus on Frank but that's because Aaron is still building up the Kingpin. The moment they encounter each other is going to be epic.

I kind of like Aaron's approach so far. If he's really looking on developing Marvel crime characters in the MAX Universe I could see this being the standard perspective for a while to come, giving us the point of view of organized crime, with Punisher not being the protagonist so much as a force of nature.

I hate Dillon's art.

The time for Steve Dillon's art has past. Especially when you have so much more talented artists now.

Honestly, the perfect artists for this book Goran Parlov (Barracuda, Long Cold Dark, Bayou) or Leandro Fernandez (Slavers, Man of Stone).

Others have been good or just ok. But those 2 stick out the most as the best choices for the book. Either one of those with Aaron would've been great. But all of Dillon's characters look the same.

Castle looks just like Herr Starr or Saint of Killers.

I kind of hope that each arc is drawn by a different artist, just like in Ennis's run... I can handle Dillon in small doses but I don't want to see him drawing this straight for the next two years.

Doug Braithwaite should draw another arc.

Did he do the Mother Russia arc?

I could deal with Dillon for maybe a one-shot. But not a whole arc.

Yes, he did the Mother Russia arc.

Don't let your distaste for Dillion prevent you from reading this title.

Latest posts

Back