Punisher: War Zone (Spoilers)

Re: Punisher 2

This pisses me off. Jane is perfect for the role and he was even extremely enthusiastic to play him. I had a great feeling as long as he's involved Frank Castle would be absolutely great. I have a feeling the studio is going to **** this up like studios always do.

I agree with completely. I loved the first punisher movie (the newest not original) And I thought the guy playing him was just perfect. That new guy I can't see as the punisher at all.

I may be wrong and I hope I am. But i think this new guy's punisher is just going to suck

Though, in the comics, it wasn't really about revenge against a single person. They obviously never specified who killed Frank's family in the comics (unless they retconned his history after the movie came out), and the Punisher just went straight to killing other criminals.
Read "Punisher: The Cell" (MAX).

Also, no Jane= teh suxx0rz.

Last edited:

I like Ray Stevenson. I do. His role as Titus Pullo on HBO's "Rome" was the while reason I watched the show.

But I can't see him as Frank Castle.

Well maybe. I suppose if they were going for an older MAX feel to the second film then he could do it.

I don't hate this casting choice like some....but as of right now, it just doesn't fit. But then again, when I heard Thomas Jane was gonna play the Punisher, I had my doubts too. But then I saw the costume teaser.

I like Ray Stevenson. I do. His role as Titus Pullo on HBO's "Rome" was the while reason I watched the show.

But I can't see him as Frank Castle.

Well maybe. I suppose if they were going for an older MAX feel to the second film then he could do it.

I don't hate this casting choice like some....but as of right now, it just doesn't fit. But then again, when I heard Thomas Jane was gonna play the Punisher, I had my doubts too. But then I saw the costume teaser.

It's possible... It has been said that this film will be a lot more graphic and more violent than the last movie. So it might have a Max feel to it.

You think they're still trying to go for the Jigsaw angle again? I've never read him in anything so I'm not sure how he would play out on screen.

Superhero Hype! has learned that the working title for Lionsgate and Marvel Studios' new Punisher film is The Punisher: Welcome Back Frank. Shooting is set to start in Montreal late September.

To be directed by Lexi Alexander (Hooligans) and starring Ray Stevenson (HBO's "Rome") as Frank Castle/The Punisher, the action-thriller was written by Nick Santora, Kurt Sutter, Matt Holloway and Art Marcum.

The film will be set in New York, where Frank Castle runs up against a mobster.

New name , Is it just me or does "Welcome Back Frank" sound too light hearted for a punisher film?

Welcome Back, Frank was the name of the story they kinda adapted for the last movie. This doesn't make sense at all.

Ah cool , Didn't know that. Not read much punisher.

Ah cool , Didn't know that. Not read much punisher.

Yeah, it made sense at the time because he had spent the last few years running around dead, hunting demons for Jesus or something like that.

This was his first story after coming back to life.

I remember the script Jane was pushing for/waiting to be fully developed had the title Punisher: War Zone, so I'm really pissed off now

Really? See it, NOW. It's very good.

Agreed! and get either Extended edition dvd or the 2 disk dvd with the slip on cover (looks cool and not sure about other versions but it comes with a free comic)

According to unofficial Ray Stevenson site Ray-Stevenson.com, the following roles are being cast for The Punisher: Welcome Back Frank:

The remaining lead characters include the main villain Billy Russo/Jigsaw, LBJ/Looney Bin Jim (Jigsaw's brother), Nicky Donatelli (undercover FBI agent serving as Jigsaw's right hand man), his wife Angela Donatelli, FBI agent Luke MacDonald, Det. Martin Soap, and Microchip (The Punisher's armorer).

The Lionsgate release will be directed by Lexi Alexander.

No idea who any of them are but I'm sure you guys/girls do.

Latest posts

Back