Runaways Vol. 2 #1-24 (Brian K. Vaughan/Adrian Alphona) (spoilers)

Re: Runaways series discussion (spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
But what you don't miss is the black and white image from Civil War that has every Runaway accounted for. No one dies.
It's not from Civil War, it's fron Runaways. But it is from the arc following the current one (when Norton comes in), so the point still stands. Everyone's alive.

Not even that, the black and white sketch is apparently just fan art from the new artist, not relevant to the current story.

And the image that was later taken away is apparently a funeral scene, accounting for everybody except Victor...... apparently.

Ok, Watcher will post the image soon, but in the Marvel Previews book, they have a one-page preview for Runaways #19 as they bury the one who dies.

Who's not dead? Well...

Gert
Old Lace
Chase (PHEW!)
Karolina
Nico
Molly

I'll have it like this in spoilers until the image comes up.

Last edited:

Here it is.

Runawayspreview.jpg

Cop-out. But I love it. He/She will be back soon. Thank God it's not the best Runaway ever.

Surprised Marvel let this slip. Even more curious that The Abstract considered him/her a runaway to begin with? Maybe it was a sacrafice.

Yeah i can't believe Marvel let that image come out......maybe its a red herring?
I hope it is, i wana read the issue and be surprized!

Shihad said:
Yeah i can't believe Marvel let that image come out......maybe its a red herring?
I hope it is, i wana read the issue and be surprized!

I'm thinking it will be a red herring. Victor can't really die - he's mostly robot, so he will probably be rebuilt eventually.

Last edited:

Summary:
So we open with 2 astrologers or astronomers (whatever word is appropriate) working late at the Griffith Observatory (for those who don't know---its the James Dean spot in previous issues). They are about to fix the telescope on a distant galaxy for some viewing. One of the star gazers mentions that her special space radio picked up a crazy version of the song "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" the other night. The 2 talk about whether aliens exist. Then a white flash! They have no clue what it was......but we see that the Leapfrog just passed over the lens.

Inside the Leapfrog the Runaways bicker amongst themselves. They are all just confused as to what happened back at the battlefield. The Leapfrog informs the crew that they need to stop for repairs.

We cut to the getaway van and we see Molly still chained up and gagged. 2 of the new Pride members are watching over her while Wilder drives. The 2 guards start to take pity on her and wonder if they can ungag her. They tell Molly that they're the good guys and that the Runaways are really the bad guys.

Meanwhile back at the Hostel, Nico goes to her room to think and get the Staff of One. Vic and Chase need to fix the Leapfrog but Chase needs to talk to Gert alone. The standard teen romance arguement. Gert breaks up with Chase. Chase says "I love you" but Gert doesn't care. Chase cries.

Back to the Pride---they pull the van over and Wilder tells them to wait here. He goes behind some bushes and enters some alternate universe and confronts the Gibborim.

Jump back to the Runaways---we find Nico praying for Molly's safety in her room. Vic joins her and says a prayer. They figure they can't do a locator spell for Molly since they used one already when she was missing. But they come up with the plan to locate the leak in the Runaways to figure out how the Pride new all about them. These red pixies show up and point out Vic.

Back to the Gibborim---Wilder says he will continue their work.....but they must return his wife and child. Gibs say they destroyed them in the first place because they were unfit to serve....why should they be given a second chance? Wilder says to just trust him. Gibs say that must be earned...and they require a innocent sacrifice. Wilder says he figured that.

And back at the Hostel, Nico is holding Vic at bay with the Staff and Gert finds out why and is ready to whup Vic too. Chase stands up for Vic and tells everyone to chill out. Vic gets angry and goes all sparky in self-defense. All of a sudden he gets knocked on his but by a bright blast.

Lucy has returned......

4/5

BKV always delivers...

i read this almost 2 weeks ago...hence the avtar.....but i couldn't say anything until the issue came out...

and i have to say i really enjoyed the issue, the Gibborim are back...at any moment im expecting someone like Doc Strange to show and start having a normal conversation with them, in there little dimension.

DS: so whats new today guys
Gibborim: not much, saw an old minion today
DS: anything good
Gibborim: UHHH...just the normal stuff...
DS: isn't is always...
Gibborim:what brings you here today Doc?
DS: same 'ol thing.....setting the balance, explaining things in SIMPLE terms....same stuff.

and did anyone else catch the weird look of some of the creatures?

and Karolina is back....but where is her new mate?

The two astronomers wondering if aliens exist? How many times has the earth been invaded? :?

ProjectX2 said:
The two astronomers wondering if aliens exist? How many times has the earth been invaded? :?

I was just rereading this today and wondered the same thing. They say this all takes place in 616....but its like BKV likes to write it like it doesn't.

Victor Von Doom said:
I was just rereading this today and wondered the same thing. They say this all takes place in 616....but its like BKV likes to write it like it doesn't.

his sales for trades equal the same as they do for the single issue. meaning hes also got alot of fans out there that pick it up from Barns and Noble, Borders and such places..

and were on the west coast... only aliens we get are the ones the hop the border :wink:

#16 was sweet. The Gibborum's return was an awesome touch and that "Hellish/Limbo" place they were was a treat for the eyes. I'm starting to think that Geoffry isn't running the show after what future solicitations say though...

Lucy's back... and I'm not really that excited... :? This is a great Runaways arc though.

4.5/5

THIS IS THE PROBALY THE BEST MARVEL BOOK out right now.

I just got curious and started to read #1........I'm hooked I luv all the characters. HOLY **** Alex was the traitor I never saw that coming, and his death was even more shocking.

VICTOR is my new favorite character I hope he don't in #19

Cool preview. I wish they showed who it was though. I was all expecting it to be shown. :lol:

Runaways #17

So Molly's screaming at everyone in the van that they're being tricked. The Nu Pride doesn't believe her and Geoffry comes back.

Karolina keeps The Runaways calm and Xavin reveals himself. Looks like Xavin's part of the team now. Karolina's wedding went to hell and the two escaped the feuding families.

While they're catching up Victor figures out what's wrong with him and explains he's not a traitor but that he's been hacked into. Useing this knowledge he finds out where the Nu Pride's headin'. Nico's parents old summer home. Xavin offers to go as an old ranking officer in his armada but Nico tells him to stay home and watch the base.... (I don't get it either).

On the Leapfrog Nico and Gert apologize to Vic for accusing him. Then Vic suggests they break up and there's this terrible moment with Nico and Gert fighting and then making up instantly... supposedly supposed to show that that's how girls fight and make up in a split second. It was lame BKV. Lame.

The Nu Pride's outside talking about how they're going to save the world better than any Superhero ever did. The Runaways attack them. Karolina shows off some new powers she's got by expanding her rainbow Spawn **** over them. They cut through it useing a sword forged with the same stuff that kept Karolina's powers in check. The hacker then uses the Leap Frog's lazers against them. Nico and Chase run inside to rescue Molly.

Inside Nico confronts Wilder but accidently steps into a circle of ashes that Wilder planted in front of the front door so she wouldn't be able to use her powers. He then shoots her right in the chest.

He turns to Molly and tells her to stop screaming because she was only the bait.

3.5/5

I'm anxious to see what's gonna happen and in a bad mood because most of my comics were as great as they should've been.

I dont think any issue has ever had a bad ending....ever

Latest posts

Back