Secret Invasion discussion [Spoilers]

How would you rate Secret Invasion?

• Total voters
On the other hand I loved how heroes turned their backs to Tony Stark, especially the way Thor has behaved was top class...It was a moment I wanted to see ever since Clone-Thor has apeared

You NEED to read the current Thor series issue 3 or 4. Thor has his first confrontation with Iron Man over Clor. They throw down.

And the 2nd issue of Invincible Iron Man had a nice Thor moment also.

Secret Invasion was pretty lame and boring. I already have made my thoughts made on the series. None of the tie-ins were even that amazing.

Osborne in power is interesting and his evil group. Why the **** is Emma "Villain/Hero/Villain/Hero/Villain" Frost there? Will they make up their ****ing minds about her or something.

I prefer the cosmic events, I want to read War Of Kings instead.

Last edited:
Agreed. The end result seems to be

a) put the VILLUMINATI, which Issued so brilliantly put it, in charge of everything, which is kind of cool, but has nothing to do with a Skrull invasion

b) knock Tony down a few pegs, which has nothing to do with a Skrull invasion

c) kill Wasp, which has nothing to do with a Skrull invasion

I actually liked the end and am interested in seeing where things go. I like that Wasp is dead - I've never liked her. But I can't for the life of me figure out what happened with her. I don't think she exploded - it looked like she just grew and was sucking the life force out of people or something. But it made no sense.

But the ending was such a non sequitur. I would have preferred something related to Skrulls, but it's just like they were trying to pull out all of the stops in order to pull one over on the readers.

How doesn't it have to do with the Skrulls? Osborne killed their leader and took the credit for defeating the skrulls thus setting. Skrulls lost, earth won and Obama puts Norman in command of the initiative.

I don't think this is the plot they have been preparing for the last 4 years on every single comic book marvel has released on 616 universe...

I agree - there's no way. That was total crap. Bendis leaves enough open-endedness in his stories (read: plot holes) to go back and clumsily fill in later.

You NEED to read the current Thor series issue 3 or 4.

Totally.

Why would Obama stick Osborne in charge? As president shouldn't he know about his history as a psychopathic murderer?

The only other option that comes to mind is that he promoted Osborne for political points, in which case MU's Obama is fricking retarded.

Why would Obama stick Osborne in charge? As president shouldn't he know about his history as a psychopathic murderer?

The only other option that comes to mind is that he promoted Osborne for political points, in which case MU's Obama is fricking retarded.

Thanks to the Thunderbolt program he's viewed as a hero and especially now that people think of him as the hero that saved everyone from the invasion.

Sooooo let me get this straight.

S.H.I.E.L.D. is a U.N. 'peace-keeping' task force, yet the U.S. President thinks he can shut it down on his own whim? Riiiiiight...

Then again, when was S.H.I.E.L.D. not under U.S. orders anyways? :?

You NEED to read the current Thor series issue 3 or 4. Thor has his first confrontation with Iron Man over Clor. They throw down.
Issue 3. And yes, it's a MUST READ. Something I was waiting to see and was not let down at all. ****ing incredible it was.

Secret Invasion was pretty lame and boring. I already have made my thoughts made on the series. None of the tie-ins were even that amazing.
Very true. Once again, Marvel events aren't as great as they should've/could've been. :(

Why the **** is Emma "Villain/Hero/Villain/Hero/Villain" Frost there? Will they make up their ****ing minds about her or something.
Exactly what I thought. It's damn annoying seeing this go back and forth. What's the point?! I guess this explains the story for the Uncanny X-Men Annual #2.

I prefer the cosmic events, I want to read War Of Kings instead.
You know, I'm excited to read War of Kings. I'm definitely grabbing the X-Men Kingbreaker tie-in mini when the trade comes out.

Last edited:
Now that Secret Invasion is over, it's time to rate the mini series.

Although the mini had great art due to Leinil Yu, his art was wasted on this. I give Secret Invasion a 2 out of 5. And I think that's being kind.

Last edited:
I also give it a 2. Skrulls having infiltrated SHIELD is a great idea. They should have already won. That would really **** up the heroes. For the last few years, the Skrulls have been running their world. But instead we get more dumbass fights. Boring. Bendis shouldn't be allowed to write these events anymore.

I was also disappointed with the art, a bit. Yu is great and the art in Secret Invasion was really one of the only things I liked - but I much prefer his art in New Avengers. I liked the whole dirty, sketchy look. It was much more unique.

2 stars is fair. The ending was good as was the first issue, but it was way too long, nothing happened for a vast majority of the whole thing, and the end result felt like a big huge non sequitur.

Did anyone read the Thor and Incredible Hercules tie ins? I heard that they were quite good.

They were better than the main mini.

The Thor, X-men, and Black Panther ties were all just big Skrull battles, but well written ones.

The Incredible Hercules & Guardians Of The Galaxy ones actually had some thought to it.

Nova was a lame SI tie-in, but the parts in the story to overall Nova comic was good.

War Machine, Deadpool, & Thunderbolts were lame.

And New Avengers & Mighty Avengers had crap and average issues.

Man people in MU must be insanely stupid if they think making the Green Goblin the most powerful man in the world is a good idea. Plus doesn't this ending and more "the government is pure evil" stories seem a bit dated in a era of hope and change?

Latest posts

Back