Secret Invasion discussion [Spoilers]

How would you rate Secret Invasion?

• Total voters
I wasn't happy with this as a series, especially considering the potential. I did like the ending, somewhat, but only because of what is now possible with Osborn being the top cop in the country. I'll agree, the fact that he is the top cop is mind-boggling, kill shot on the Skrull queen or not. However, now is the time when everyone's 9/11 conspiracy theories will take flight, and Osborn is the perfect scapegoat.

I can just hear Tony Stark now: "Of course he knew about it! He's the one who set it up!"

It will be an easy job for Osborn. He will be able to stop catastrophe because he knows when and where it will strike. This will backfire.

There's your company-wide storyline for the year. You're welcome.

They should have kept SHIELD... I mean, it'll be back, but it shouldn't have vanished.

Norman Osborn, Director of SHIELD is much more terrifying than this HAMMER organization that he'll be building from the Thunderbolts.

Alright, I'll admit I'm interested in what Osborn's planning. It could very well fall flat on it's face just like this, but it's interesting.

But Hulkling is out of his mind. I say that as a fan of the character.

"This isn't what Skrulls are," the Skrulls are a warror culture, have been since their debut, you're in denial.

"This wasn't a war, this was terrorism," it was a full-scale attack by the entire Skrull race, **** it wasn't a war. A badly written war, but a war nonetheless.

The Secret Invasion: Dark Reign one shot is the best thing to come out of all of this. I am legitimately excited for what's coming up now.

I don't understand why Emma was in the group, and I don't understand why that means she isn't necessarily evil. I say this assuming there has been some sort of evidence she isn't.

I don't understand why Emma was in the group, and I don't understand why that means she isn't necessarily evil. I say this assuming there has been some sort of evidence she isn't.
If you read Secret Invasion: Dark Reign one-shot it explains why Emma is in the group.

'Splain it Ice.
I didn't, so please spoil away...
Ok, though it was an actual good read.

The reason why Emma is there is because since she's a leader of the X-Men, Norman thought she should be there so she could make sure she has a way of protecting her race.

See, Norman Osborn gathered this group because what he wants to do is "work with them." As in they listen to what he says (and at time do what he says) and they never ever get in trouble. If they got caught by the law, they would be free in no time. They also have no choice in the matter. They either work with him or face the consequences. Norman has a "friend" who will do what he has to to make sure of this (though said friend is never shown).

Emma didn't show any signs of villany or any hidden agenda. She actually barely spoke at this secret meeting. The way the issue started and ended was her having nightmares of Kitty calling out to her and that it will all continue in Dark Avengers #1 and New Avengers #48.

Ok, though it was an actual good read.

The reason why Emma is there is because since she's a leader of the X-Men, Norman thought she should be there so she could make sure she has a way of protecting her race.

See, Norman Osborn gathered this group because what he wants to do is "work with them." As in they listen to what he says (and at time do what he says) and they never ever get in trouble. If they got caught by the law, they would be free in no time. They also have no choice in the matter. They either work with him or face the consequences. Norman has a "friend" who will do what he has to to make sure of this (though said friend is never shown).

Emma didn't show any signs of villany or any hidden agenda. She actually barely spoke at this secret meeting. The way the issue started and ended was her having nightmares of Kitty calling out to her and that it will all continue in Dark Avengers #1 and New Avengers #48.

That sounds pretty important to know and like it should have been in the actual story, in some way. That could easily have been shown in a couple of panels.

I hate tie-ins.

I liked it. I liked the other Illuminati one shots Bendis/Maleev have done too.

This one brings up some interesting ideas. Emma is dreaming about Kitty. Since Kitty is fused with a giant metal bullet shooting through space, it makes sense that her mind is still active... I guess. Do her thoughts now haunt Emma Frost?

Norman is scary. He's a genius and he's crazy. I don't know what he's doing but I'm intriguied. He gutted Swordsmaster or whatever that lame guy is called.

Doom and Namor are going to play along until Osborn falls... and then take over. Namor gets the sea, Doom gets the land. Badass. I really hope this is what Dark Reign is about - a bunch of supervillains actually taking over the world.

Any guesses on who Norman's friend is?

This is a mite bit off topic, but I found a post on TVTropes from a guy in denial that Dark Reign happened that was just too funny to pass up:

Norman Osborn got up and said "All right, this is how it's going to be..." in Dark Reign. Namor then punched his head off. Doom then speechified "Damn it Namor, we agreed that Doom would be the one who got to kill him. You lose all right to complain the next team-up we have that ends with a mind-control device slapped on you... at least clean Osborn's face off your fist while Doom talks to you. That's just disgusting."
Meanwhile, Emma and Loki ate popcorn and provided sarcastic audience commentary.
The Hood: I'll get me coat.

It's probably the Green Goblin. His other friend as his other personality.

But seriously, the art in this issue was complete ****. Loki had several different looks throughout the issue, ranging from super skinny face, to fat face huge ****. Then we had Namor, who was not only talking like an idiot, also looked like a friggin redneck. The Hood was lame in this, and fat. Emma was the only one who seemed to look alright in this issue.

And the death of Swordsman, whoop de doo.

Latest posts

Back