So, who is it? (Ultimates 2 #5 spoilers)

Who is the traitor?

• Total voters
compound said:
I'd say that pretty much qualifies as horrific, wouldn't you?

Well that bit of information I think pretty much seals it for me I think. Hawkeye's the only guy who has family and I could really give a damn in a comic if A. Two Old people die (Cap A.)or A butler dies (Stark). But a wife and kids... that'll pull your heart strings all right.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Well that bit of information I think pretty much seals it for me I think. Hawkeye's the only guy who has family and I could really give a damn in a comic if A. Two Old people die (Cap A.)or A butler dies (Stark). But a wife and kids... that'll pull your heart strings all right.
I respectfully beg to differ -- it's all in the details, my friend.

Bucky and what's-her-face at least have half-formed personalities -- they're old folks who have matured gracefully, and are admirably dealing with the unexpected return of an old friend and an ex-lover, respectuflly.

Jarvis is distinguised not only by his loyalty, wit, and banter with his employer, but he also stands out as the most significant gay character in the Ultimate Universe, outside of Colossus.

Either of them dying would be much more heart-wrenching than Hawkeye's mostly bland family. I have no doubt they mean a lot to him, but Millar has never given us a damn good reason to care for them, as people.

To massacre them would be sinking to the sensationalistic depths of Identity Crisis, in terms of killing-as-plot-device.

Last edited:
hmn. well, now that millar has ruined that suprise for us, i suppose its black widow killing hawkeyes family. if they killed bucky and ... lady, that'd make some sense, as it will motivate Cap ... or make him isolate himself to protect others and break up with the Wasp or something like that. Man, i can't believe Millar is going to kill 3 little kids. Oh well, maybe Hawkeye will do something insanely badass afterward. Like shoot an arrow through someone to hit the button to stop the detonators!

Again, we don't know it's Hawkeye's family.

We are assuming because of what Bryan Hitch wrote - it sounds like he's referring to Hawkeye's family, but he mentioned no names at all.

I don't care for hawkeye's family, but he cares for them. And that's good enough to me.
I personally feel that seeing Hawkeye's grief would be more "enjoyable", that Cap losing his friends and having another "you're gonna pay for this dritbag" moment.

Guijllons said:
I don't care for hawkeye's family, but he cares for them. And that's good enough to me.
I personally feel that seeing Hawkeye's grief would be more "enjoyable".
Yay for posthuman shandenfrude!

You, sir, give voice to that mischevous little devil inside all our heads, craving good drama ahead of a character's well-being. :twisted:

Having said that, I quite fancy the idea of seeing Bucky blown up like his 616 counterpart, even if it means another vengeful episode from Cap. It might feel derivative, but it's also in keeping with the parallel story structures between the two Ultimates series, as somebody else here pointed out; Cap going bat-sh!t loco in a fit of revenge is part of the "Ultimates formula".

Guijllons said:
I personally feel that seeing Hawkeye's grief would be more "enjoyable", that Cap losing his friends and having another "you're gonna pay for this dritbag" moment.

Not too mention how Hawkeye develops after his families death what issue of this vol does this take place?

That is if Hawkeye's family's death is what we're dealing with.

iceman said:
Man, i can't believe Millar is going to kill 3 little kids.
It's not unheard of, actually. Millar wrote a similar fate for *spoilers* Dollmaster's family, in Wanted. He was the only dedicated husband and father within the group of mostly vicious rogues.

It often feels like Millar is determined to make life as hellish as possible for characters who are foolish enough to have it 'both ways' -- the dangers of the superhero life AND the stability and security of a well-adjusted home life. This certainly felt like the case during Millar's run on Mavel Knights: Spider-Man.

Yeah, I think the best bet is Hawkeye's family. I mean, why else would they have focused in on them in issue 4 (that page seemed like a waste otherwise IMO) and really, I agree w/ whoever said the whole Cap "you're a dirtbag beat your ***" thing. I don't think they'll kill Jarvis off. I don't think it would be that big of a deal even if he is a more developed character than Hawkeye's family. Do any of us actually like him as it is?

compound said:
Having said that, I quite fancy the idea of seeing Bucky blown up like his 616 counterpart, even if it means another vengeful episode from Cap. It might feel derivative, but it's also in keeping with the parallel story structures between the two Ultimates series, as somebody else here pointed out; Cap going bat-sh!t loco in a fit of revenge is part of the "Ultimates formula".

Yeah...I'm really starting to dig the idea of "family" being a little misleading and having it be Bucky & Gail...hmm.....

icemastertron said:
We should of had an "unsure" option for this poll, cuz honestly, I'm still unsure of guessing who it might be.

No, no, no, this is the internet, created expressely for the purpose of shouting wrong guesses at the top of our typing lungs.

Or something like that.

I voted Fury because he seems to be getting rid of the older team, and hulk was part of that team.

The Big thing that i think counts Fury OUT is the fact that he is in Charge of the team.

If he has a secret agenda, it would undermine his character. He already says one thing and does another (with Capt America in Iraq for instance).... I mean... seriously. He can do what he wants, but it wouldnt be betraying the team.

I'm starting to think its the Wasp. She never liked Bruce, and she obviously has a grudge against Hank.... *shrug*

I dont know why, but I think it's going to be Hawkeye. Black Widow? To obvious. Wasp? She's been working with the Ultiamtes since day one. Hulk is gone, Thor, well we all know by now that it wasnt him. Cap... It's Captain America. He would never do something like that. Iron Man... he has to much to lose. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver? Could be them, but why would they turn their backs on the group the helped them get away from their crazy father? Hank Pym? I dont think he wants to ruin his chance to get back into the Ultimates. So Im saying it's Hawkeye.

Hitch let something slip in a post at Millarworld which makes Hawkeye the most unlikely candidate to be the traitor.

Bass said:
Hitch let something slip in a post at Millarworld which makes Hawkeye the most unlikely candidate to be the traitor.

But he can still be the traitor. Most Unlikely but still up for the running.

Latest posts

Back