Drunken Pickle said:
I got two thoughts

First, if Parker does come back it will be from some side-effect from oz. Osborn was shot point blank in the head and he came back and no one knows how. So why not the same for Peter, Otto, and Harry? I'm still convinced that Norman still alive.

If that doesn't happen, it might be some variation of Spider Island. As far a I'm aware, the #42 spider is still alive and it's possible Prowler will go back to his old apartment, find it, and still it to the highest bidder.

Yeah, I think that Peter is still alive, but I know for a fact that Norman is still alive. You can tell due to Norman having half a smile on his face at the end of issue 160. But anyway I agree with the pickle which is drunk that if Peter is still alive and well, he should thank the OZ Formula. Back to the point of when Norman was shot in the head and the blood was clearly spewing all over the ground... What is the reason for that ( apart from the OZ Formula resurrecting him)? Can anyone answer that? No? Well I therefore... Rest my case. Hands down. Case closed. Good night. Drive home safely.

Re: Spider-Men

I think I'd be down for this to be another clone saga. Ultimate "Kaine" was shot but who knows if he's really dead. Scorpion is still around somewhere and Jessica Drew is as well. I think it would be an interesting story to see Miles having to deal with clones of Peter.

Captain Canuck said:
I think I'd be down for this to be another clone saga. Ultimate "Kaine" was shot but who knows if he's really dead. Scorpion is still around somewhere and Jessica Drew is as well. I think it would be an interesting story to see Miles having to deal with clones of Peter.

Yeah. That would be pretty cool but cheesy at the same time.

Last edited:

Yeah. That would be pretty cool but cheesy at the same time.

Cheesier than Peter being still alive? I'd much, much rather read Canuck's concept than have Peter back alive. Resurrecting Peter at this point would really sour me towards this new series. They made the decision to kill him, and then created a legacy character. What was the point if they were just gonna bring him back?

(And yes, I know the answer is "sales". I still think it's crass and stupid).

New Teaser. This June - history will be made for the Marvel Universe.

1331313411.jpg

SPIDER-MEN #1
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Art by SARA PICHELLI
Cover by JIM CHEUNG
ON SALE THIS JUNE!

Last edited:

Most likely Miles is the other one. A. Bendis is writing it. And B., the second half of the spider symbole of the first teaser looks just like his. Unless Bendis is creating another new Spider-Man.

Oh, and is anyone surprised that this story involves Spider-Man from the Marvel U?... Yeah, I didn't think so.

Last edited:
You guys called it. It's indeed Miles Morales/crossover story. Spider-Men will be a 5-issue mini series celebrating 50 years of Spider-Man.

Spider-Men: The Inside Story

It's only natural to get together with friends on the occasion of a birthday, but Peter Parker will be greeted by the most unexpected party guest of all when Marvel celebrates 50 years of Spider-Man: Miles Morales!

Indeed the wallcrawlers of the Marvel Universe and Ultimate Universe respectively will finally meet in SPIDER-MEN, a five-part limited series by Brian Michael Bendis and Sara Pichelli kicking off June 13, and a milestone for the original webslinger proved the impetus for this historic event.

detail.jpg

(Art by Marcos Martin)

detail.jpg

(Art by Jimmy Cheung)

detail.jpg

(Art by Mark Bagley)

Last edited:
Frapalino said:
The heads on that middle cover look terrible. Probably an indication of the quality of the rest of the series.

You're really going to judge a series based on a variant cover? Say it ain't so!

That cover's atrocious.

But I don't really see any problem with the idea of the story itself. I'm sure it will be a mostly forgettable, light quippy story that hopefully draws a few more sales to USM.

So now the questions are "Who's the bad guy in this?" And "Who's world will this take place in?"

Hey, maybe this is where Miles gets his web shooters...

Last edited:
So now the questions are "Who's the bad guy in this?" And "Who's world will this take place in?"

Hey, maybe this is where Miles gets his web shooters...

He'll probably get them before this.

i dig this though.

io9 says its in the Ultimate Universe

When Spider-Man tracks down one of his deadliest villains, he suddenly finds himself thrust into another world where Peter Parker is dead…and there's a new Spider-Man in town. As these two heroes learn the truth about their identities and their universes, they'll embark on a journey that'll leave them forever changed-and reveal a startling truth about a key player in the Spider-Man mythos!

Kind of makes me think it's Norman Orborne. He's deadly and a key player in both universes. Plus brings Norman back to the Ultimate Universe. Norman killed Gwen in 616, now he can try again. Miles never stepped in when Norman killed Ultimate Parker.

I'm calling this now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back