ProjectX2 said:
I wasn't really interested in this but I went to a talk thing Brian Bendis was doing at a convention here and he completely sold me on it. He talked about how it's Peter coming to the Ultimate Universe and meeting Miles and seeing how he's inspired this kid and how much he has changed all of these peoples' lives. He said it wouldn't have worked with Ultimate Peter because he was basically the same as 616 Peter ("hey, you're dating MJ and you don't brush your hair. You're me but younger") but with Miles the idea completely works because he's like the viewpoint of the reader. It's supposed to be more of an emotional story that shows just what Spider-Man is all about. Plus, the art by Sara Pichelli looked incredible.

I have high hopes for this.

This sold me! Well, I was looking forward to this already, but the way you describe it is excellent!

Last edited:
Mysterious Spider-Men villain revealed in U.S.A. Today. And it is... find out here: http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/story/2012-04-27/Spider-Men-comic-book-series/54579546/1

Honestly, he's one of the first villains I thought of. The top 4 villains that I thought would want to go to world without Peter Parker and that could get there hands on the means to go to an alternate reality was him, the Jackle, Doc Ock, or Norman Osborn.

I doubt it's as simple as Wanting to go to w world without Peter Parker, since he doesn't know who Spider-Man is and there is also a Spider-Man in the Ultimate U. There probably more than that.

What i wonder is if it will also involve Ultimate Mysterio.

I doubt it's as simple as Wanting to go to w world without Peter Parker, since he doesn't know who Spider-Man is and there is also a Spider-Man in the Ultimate U. There probably more than that.

yeah, you're right about the whole not know who 616 Spidey is. I was just trying to figure it out.

Anyways the first article from Marvel I read, it sounded like the two alternate villains would meet and team-up. This one says that 616 Peter will meet 1610 May Parker, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane Watson and the Ultimates. I was kind of hoping Johnny, Bobby and Kitty will show up too. So it be like closer for all of Ultimate Peter friends.

the watcher said:
yeah, you're right about the whole not know who 616 Spidey is. I was just trying to figure it out.

Anyways the first article from Marvel I read, it sounded like the two alternate villains would meet and team-up. This one says that 616 Peter will meet 1610 May Parker, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane Watson and the Ultimates. I was kind of hoping Johnny, Bobby and Kitty will show up too. So it be like closer for all of Ultimate Peter friends.

I think the story might possibly include Mysterio with him opening a portal to an alternate dimension using the key that he received just before Spider-mans (Peter Parker's) death.

yeah, that's what I'm wondering too.

And this quote has me intrigued:
Bendis says fans who have been following Ultimate comics religiously will enjoy the Mysterio reveal. The villain has been making trouble in that universe for a while, traveling incognito to and from the regular universe.

EDIT:
I think the story might possibly include Mysterio with him opening a portal to an alternate dimension using the key that he received just before Spider-mans (Peter Parker's) death.

I was thinking that too, but it looks like it's the Mysterio from the regular Marvel Universe (Universe 616) and not Ultimate Mysterio as the bad guy.

But who knows, maybe it will be both. or maybe 616 Mysterio IS Ultimate Mysterio...

Last edited:
A thought occurred a little while ago. Since Mary Jane is going to show up in this story do you think that in this or possible the Ultimate Comics Spider-Man book Bendis may adress the whole Proto-Goblin/Demigoblin issue? After Reed "cured" Mary Jane, we see a scene where Peter is talking to Kitty and you see Mary Jane grab her rist as if to hold something back. I think she may still be infected with the Oz.

PICHELLI WEBS UNIVERSES TOGETHER IN "SPIDER-MEN"

CBR spoke to Sara Pichelli about illustrating the upcoming "Spider-Men" miniseries with writer Brian Bendis, celebrating Spidey's 50th anniversary by putting Peter Parker & Miles Morales face to face.

1336419169.jpg

1336418163.jpg

1336419204.jpg

The only thing that has my interest piqued is Mysterio. He somehow came back from the dead in ASM and we know nothing about him in USM. I'll read this because of that and because I'm a sucker and it will probably be entertaining even if it's a silly idea.

The only thing that has my interest piqued is Mysterio. He somehow came back from the dead in ASM and we know nothing about him in USM. I'll read this because of that and because I'm a sucker and it will probably be entertaining even if it's a silly idea.

I can't imagine this being anything worth looking at. Proj went to a panel with Bendis and told me on Twitter (I think) that Bendis sold him on the idea and he would be checking it out...I've said before that I trust Proj more than anyone on comic recommendations, but I'm just not seeing it here.

Ice said:
Sometimes you just won't understand something or whatever until it's you have it in front of you. Let's go with that. :p

And really, everything we've seen so has looked great and Bendis had explained rather well why it's happening now.

Also, it's a pretty damn great idea for Spidey's 50th anniversary,

Ice said:
Sometimes you just won't understand something or whatever until it's you have it in front of you. Let's go with that. :p

The concept of Spider-Men from alternate universes meeting up is I appealing enough.

I seem to remember someone (Bendis or Joe Q I think) saying that if they ever crossed over the UU and MU that would be a sure sign that they are out of ideas.

E said:
The concept of Spider-Men from alternate universes meeting up is I appealing enough.

I seem to remember someone (Bendis or Joe Q I think) saying that if they ever crossed over the UU and MU that would be a sure sign that they are out of ideas.

I think they just didn't think it'd last till Spidey's 50th. Tho I'm curious if the have plans for the other 1963 books.

Latest posts

Back