Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Star Trek: Voyager

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Trek: Enterprise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like it.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
I watched the first couple of episodes of Enterprise, got bored and gave up. Then I heard about the Borg episode, watched that and was disgusted with the way they pissed all over the Borg, got bored, gave up. Then I watched the final episode because my dad asked me to get him a copy of it as he missed it, watched that, thought it was dreadful, but nice to see characters in Star Trek that were actually decent (Riker mainly), got bored, realised I didn't have to give up, watched better shows.

Because they were each two episodes shorter than the first two?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I watched the first couple of episodes of Enterprise, got bored and gave up. Then I heard about the Borg episode, watched that and was disgusted with the way they pissed all over the Borg, got bored, gave up. Then I watched the final episode because my dad asked me to get him a copy of it as he missed it, watched that, thought it was dreadful, but nice to see characters in Star Trek that were actually decent (Riker mainly), got bored, realised I didn't have to give up, watched better shows.

I liked the Borg episode. While there was some stupidity to it, it was genuinely exciting.

- I've started reading Avenger by Shatner himself and it's pretty good. Not thought-provoking philosiphical Trek, just good, fast-paced action Trek. I love the Shatnerverse books because Shatner writes Kirk as being truly larger than life, almost to comedic effect ("his iron-muscled arm reached out valiantly...").

Well, I finished Avenger and it actually did turn out to be quite thought-provoking. Although I really enjoyed it at the time however, I acknowledge the fact that it wasn't all that great and Kirk's attitude towards pretty much everything at the close of the book was quite disappointing, even though it was probably quite realistic.

I'll definitely check out some of the other books in Shatner's series.

This is a great story. I especially love the ending. The protagonist really matures and emerges better for the experience. Top notch stuff. :D

This is why I'll never become a better person from watching The Shield.

Because you know, it's ****ing awesome and stuff.

The secret of Captain James T. Kirk's success is... Mentos.

[youtube]qWNkBD0BIA4[/youtube]​

Last edited:

I just watched the Pilot on Sci Fi a few days ago. None of the characters stand out from each other except for the doctor. I might watch more. What I saw was still better than Voyager.

For a very particular reason, I think if you can stand Smallville, you can stand Enterprise.

That pretty much sums it up, IMHO.

Last edited:
Is it the lame theme song?
It's the obnoxious, "OMG this takes place before that classic stuff we all know and love" schtick and stuffing the show with in-jokes that work based on what we know of the universe's future.

Smallville has this thing where everytime Lex --- in the early seasons --- makes comments about what great friends they are, we're supposed to think it is clever because we know they'll be also the greatest of enemies. Or Clark comes in wearing a blue shirt and a red jacket and "Whoo! shades of Super-suit!"

Enterprisedoes a similar thing where people make jokes left and right about transporters and holodecks and lots of stuff like that, where we get a lot of in-jokey humor about what we know of what will happen during Kirk and Picard's time.

It's not patently bad, and I do find it enjoyable --- but that's because I am a Trek fan --- and it's good for a laugh, but at an objective level, it doesn't make either a better show.

Is it the lame theme song?

I really like Save Me by Remy Zero. It's powerful and heroic and fit well into the show when the show was still good. I remember the day when I bought the Second Season on DVD and the menu came up with that theme roaring in the background and I remember thinking "If they don't make a Superman movie that spins out of this, I don't want them to make another Superman movie." So, I guess that theme tune represents a time when Smallville was actually good. Pity it got bad.

Enterprise's theme is a silly, cheesy gospel tune that is basically a painful attempt at trying to keep up with the tendency action shows have today of having rock music on instead of theme tunes for the opening credits.

Enterprise's theme is a silly, cheesy gospel tune that is basically a painful attempt at trying to keep up with the tendency action shows have today of having rock music on instead of theme tunes for the opening credits.
You are wrong.

Well okay, you're right.

But it is still an inspiration to me.

It inspires me so much.

Nothing's going to bend or break me.

Nothing's going to bend or break me.

That's the best line of the whole song. My friends and I crack up every time we hear it.

My foolish friend Shane used to argue that Enterprise was better than Next Generation. Every time he thought he had a valid argument, I sang that song and it should him the hell up.

Every time.

That's the best line of the whole song. My friends and I crack up every time we hear it.

My foolish friend Shane used to argue that Enterprise was better than Next Generation. Every time he thought he had a valid argument, I sang that song and it should him the hell up.

Every time.
No argument could ever properly make Enterprise look good enough to be silenced only by "Where My Heart Will Take Me".

The show is just that terribly pointless and stupid.

It's like saying you need a Fatality to beat someone at Mortal Kombat who doesn't know how to punch.

Latest posts

Back