Star Wars General Discussion (dedicated to Houde)

So, I think of all the upcoming Star Wars movies, I'm most excited for Rogue One. I think they should can the Han Solo and Boba Fett movies and just continue with Rogue Squadron movies. They should do a handful of films about Rogue Squadron cleaning up the empire after RotJ.

Although, if they are doing a Han movie, I hope it's a racing movie. Like Fast and Furious in space. It could be about Han winning the Falcon from Lando and then the climax could be the kessel run. That would ridiculous enough to be a lot of fun.

Last edited:
I finished Aftermath. I hope never have to go through a Chuck Wendig novel ever again. That was absolutely excruciating and I'm hoping I can find a summary online

So, I think of all the upcoming Star Wars movies, I'm most excited for Rogue One. I think they should can the Han Solo and Boba Fett movies and just continue with Rogue Squadron movies. They should do a handful of films about Rogue Squadron cleaning up the empire after RotJ.

Although, if they are doing a Han movie, I hope it's a racing movie. Like Fast and Furious in space. It could be about Han winning the Falcon from Lando and then the climax could be the kessel run. That would ridiculous enough to be a lot of fun.

The Han Solo film should definitely have racing aspects to it. It should also hopefully have a bit of Ocean's 11 type stuff: high stakes sabacc games (a perfect way to get the Falcon into Han's hands), maybe a heist element as well (though Rogue One may or may not be utilizing that approach so it depends).

I think what I'm most interested in seeing is who they cast as a young Han Solo. It'll either be perfect or horrible. There probably isn't much middle ground, lol.

I don't mind the Han/Boba movies though. They're obvious and uninspired choices, sure, but they can still be a lot of fun. We'll see.

There's been talk for years of a Star Wars TV series focused on the underworld (Hutts, gangsters, bounty hunters, smugglers) etc, and that quite a few scripts had been written, so perhaps they can draw from the better portions of those for at least some of the inspiration for the various anthology films that will touch on that area (Han and Boba films both certainly would).

I guess I like that they're focusing on the non-Jedi stuff with the anthology films (for now, though I'm sure they'll get into that in future films).

I finished Aftermath. I hope never have to go through a Chuck Wendig novel ever again. That was absolutely excruciating and I'm hoping I can find a summary online

I still haven't even gotten to that one yet. I'll probably just slog through the trilogy once all three are out in paperback.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want my Kenobi trilogy. Maul has unfinished business.

I still haven't even gotten to that one yet. I'll probably just slog through the trilogy once all three are out in paperback.

It's biggest crime is being boring. They introduce/reintroduce characters and they don't really do much with them. That and the way they advertised the book is that it would show what happened next and it barely touches on any of it. The interludes are also more interesting than the main story and that in of itself is a crime.

(did here so it's not off topic)
Only everything except Dark Disciple, Aftermath, Battlefront, and The Force Awakens has been good under their tenure. 2 novels, a game made by EA, and a single film, how is that ruined?

Well so far :

• Getting rid of good stories
  • Rebels is not as good as the series it replaced (though i'm sure disney fans will cry its 1000x better)
  • Adding the name "sheev" to palpatine's name Why?
  • Having luke face vader BEFORE episode V
  • Han Solo/ Princess leia have treated bad like now in original trilogy han was cheating on his wife or some crap and having them be apart for years in TFA and when
    han dies she barely morns him
  • Disney infinity 3.0 playsets are bad
  • The toy backlash
  • remaking episode IV but doing it in away and with its "pro-*insert race or sex here* interviews ect... made it so anyone insults the film they get bullyed by people calling them racist or sexist ect...
  • NOT using Lucas's script. - I get its cool to hate him BUT he literally made the thing we loved and when he sold it to disney so others could enjoy new stuff he gave the money away! He did it for fans. Disney then dont use his stuff and fans go "good *** lucas" it's like can't win
  • Cancelling detours
  • Cancelling Star Wars 1313
  • Moving comics from dark horse to Marvel (dark horse ones were better IMO a ot better)

Conclusion everything they do feels nasty towards the stuff before it (I mean come on TFA literally tries to say star killer base is better than death star) and the stuff seems to be trying to milk it too soon fast (a movie a year? really? Star wars land ect...) ,makes it seem like disney just wants money and I get that companies do but they at least seem to care about long term fans.

I do NOT like what disney does when they take stuff over. Marvel comics are unrecognisable now in favour of fake diversity (i.e instead of making diverse characters and making them awesome , turning existing ones into other people which i hate) , Power rangers when it was Disney had it's worst seasons of MF and OO , Star wars now.

It's like when people use to joke ruin a good game , EA publishes it. Now i feel ruin a good franchise? easy give it to disney. I may be alone in this on here and that is cool I get that Disney will always win and make money BUT they are bullies , they ruin everything given to them (look at lone rannger) and I will keep complaining as long as they do as am as entitled to as people are to praise. This star wars is not star wars it's something else , something nasty.

Last edited:
Getting rid of good stories

Has zero effect on the current quality of stories being released.

Rebels is not as good as the series it replaced (though i'm sure disney fans will cry its 1000x better)

I agree, it's about the same quality as The Clone Wars was in it's first two seasons. The season one finale and The Siege of Lothal was on par with season three though.

Adding the name "sheev" to palpatine's name Why?

He needed a first name and ABSOLUTELY fits.

Obi-Wan%20amp%20Anakin%202016%20001-015_zpseqffa8lk.jpg

Having luke face vader BEFORE episode V

Already happened in the EU in Splinter of the Mind's Eye. I didn't even know this until today when I looked at Wookieepedia just to see if you were right or not.

Han Solo/ Princess leia have treated bad like now in original trilogy han was cheating on his wife or some crap and having them be apart for years in TFA and when
han dies she barely morns him

If you actually READ the comic Han was never married to Sana Starros and if you read the novelization for The Force Awakens you'd know that
Han and Leia aren't together because Leia didn't tell Han about her vision of Ben attacking the Jedi temple. Han got really upset and left.
I do agree that the ending was rushed.

Disney infinity 3.0 playsets are bad

I wouldn't know, I don't play games where you need to buy IRL DLC. I imagine that game is pretty bad in general if you aren't a kid from what I've heard.

The toy backlash

There's been toy shortages before.

remaking episode IV but doing it in away and with its "pro-*insert race or sex here* interviews ect... made it so anyone insults the film they get bullyed by people calling them racist or sexist ect...

This is more telling about your mindset and the people who are calling other people bigots for not liking a film.

NOT using Lucas's script. - I get its cool to hate him BUT he literally made the thing we loved and when he sold it to disney so others could enjoy new stuff he gave the money away! He did it for fans. Disney then dont use his stuff and fans go "good *** lucas" it's like can't win

They had no reason to and, if you recall, they kept Kathleen Kennedy in charge. Lucas himself put her in charge.

Cancelling detours

Source? Because I have this from 2014.

Robot Chicken creators at @MegaConvention say Star Wars Detours will still be released at some point. 30+ eps made.

Cancelling Star Wars 1313

Seriously man?

Kathleen Kennedy said:
No. No, interestingly enough, [the Star Wars: Underworld TV series is] an area we've spent a lot of time, reading through the material that he developed is something we very much would like to explore. And there was 1313 the game, where there was…Unbelievable. So our attitude is, we don't want to throw any of that stuff away. It's gold. And it's something we're spending a lot of time looking at, pouring through, discussing, and we may very well develop those things further. We definitely want to.

What's more is the interviewer said they didn't even mention 1313.

Moving comics from dark horse to Marvel (dark horse ones were better IMO a ot better)

Why would they outsource to another publisher when they have their own?

Looks, I didn't like The Force Awakens, but the content they are releasing is still good and the future is looking bright.

[video=youtube;r0eEKDfLNPg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0eEKDfLNPg[/video]

Last edited:
Has zero effect on the current quality of stories being released.

It effects the brand for me to think they threw that out but Rebels is cannon? Also it effects them if they have similar themes + characters as it looks like they are just reselling us the stuff they removed

I agree, it's about the same quality as The Clone Wars was in it's first two seasons. The season one finale and The Siege of Lothal was on par with season three though.

I'd say it's better than clone wars movie. But season 1 was better and season 2 with bounty hunters kicked ***

He needed a first name and ABSOLUTELY fits.

He doesn't, It Doesn't

Already happened in the EU in Splinter of the Mind's Eye. I didn't even know this until today when I looked at Wookieepedia just to see if you were right or not.

It did but that was said to be non-canon. This was canon that effects the nature of the original battle by trying to say "Nah it means less as they already fought"

If you actually READ the comic Han was never married to Sana Starros and if you read the novelization for The Force Awakens you'd know that
Han and Leia aren't together because Leia didn't tell Han about her vision of Ben attacking the Jedi temple. Han got really upset and left.
I do agree that the ending was rushed.

Okay I will 100% give you the wife thing I was mistaken. I saw part of it and was like "That's dumb" and put it back. The Han Leia thing is .... It's hard to explain but ROTJ Han let Lando use falcon and he stayed witrh leia. It looked like a happy ending. This sorta leaves a bad taste as it's like they were pushing the original 3 a lot at first now
they will NEVER be together again or even the one last scene of the three together
and if they do a couple it'll have a happy ending. Han and Leia were THE star wars couple and I don't know .... It feels like they threw it away

I wouldn't know, I don't play games where you need to buy IRL DLC. I imagine that game is pretty bad in general if you aren't a kid from what I've heard.

I do as You get cool looking collectables from it. 1 was fun , 2 was great , 3 has good features but playsets are bad

There's been toy shortages before.

NOT the shortage but the fact she's not even in the sets of all the main characters but random trooper + pilot are?

This is more telling about your mindset and the people who are calling other people bigots for not liking a film.

Not really. Like I've said on WWE network and other sites there are interviews saying phasma was a great female character and all should be proud of her. I got harassed on IMDB and other boards and even banned from one for saying She looked cool but I wish they did more with her as "sexist trolling" It's like through interviews + stuff they told us they are great instead of making them great and if you say anything you get targeted and abused for finding fault.

It seems devious. You know what didn't need to talk about how great a femal their lead was? Lucy , You know what a great character as a lead? Lucy. This is relying on the trend right now and manipulating people into trying to shame any who don't like it.

They had no reason to and, if you recall, they kept Kathleen Kennedy in charge. Lucas himself put her in charge.

There is though as VII didn't feel like star wars. It felt like bad fan fiction at times.

Detours and 1313 is they keep skirting the issue sometimes it's coming other times its not so "in production hell" more than flat out canned prehaps

Why would they outsource to another publisher when they have their own?

Because they had it for so long and the original Marvel ones were bad. Let them keep it. It hurts no one.

Looks, I didn't like The Force Awakens, but the content they are releasing is still good and the future is looking bright.

[video=youtube;r0eEKDfLNPg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0eEKDfLNPg[/video]

Maybe they will turn it around. I hope they do. But right now Star wars to me it a product of bullying , a product of malice and in the hands of a company I feel their track record proves do not right by other's creations. I know it sells but so did the new Ninja Turtles film and so do the Transformers movies. Also a Star wars film a year is a bad idea

we had 6 films in 38 years that's not bad. This way I worry it'll over saturate the market and people will get sick of it. Look at guitar hero. It just came back but before that people hated it or got bored of it. i feel comic films + SW will do this if it's one a year. That'll hurt the franchise more than the prequels did as it'll go the way of products where you are like "oh god another!"

It did but that was said to be non-canon.

And now it's all non-canon. No amount of complaining is going to change that. So if you feel betrayed and feel trolling the new canon stuff (the majority of which you obviously haven't even looked at based on your incorrect presumptions that wyo corrected), go for it.

But just remember, the old EU was never canon anyway. :)

Okay I will 100% give you the wife thing I was mistaken. I saw part of it and was like "That's dumb" and put it back. The Han Leia thing is .... It's hard to explain but ROTJ Han let Lando use falcon and he stayed witrh leia. It looked like a happy ending. This sorta leaves a bad taste as it's like they were pushing the original 3 a lot at first now
they will NEVER be together again or even the one last scene of the three together
and if they do a couple it'll have a happy ending. Han and Leia were THE star wars couple and I don't know .... It feels like they threw it away

But, they didn't throw it away. There's a 30 year period of time between RotJ and TFA, plenty of ground for the new EU to cover Han and Leia's relationship (TFA showed they still loved each other in their own unique way) and raising Ben Solo in novels and comics.

I expect they'll largely keep that era a mystery in many ways (regarding main characters at least) until Episode VIII or IX reveals everything they're saving for the films (big reveal and all).

In fact the new comics like Shattered Empire pick up immediately after RotJ and offer a similar but different take on the post-RotJ era in the new canon.

NOT the shortage but the fact she's not even in the sets of all the main characters but random trooper + pilot are?

This I agree with.

Not really. Like I've said on WWE network and other sites there are interviews saying phasma was a great female character and all should be proud of her. I got harassed on IMDB and other boards and even banned from one for saying She looked cool but I wish they did more with her as "sexist trolling" It's like through interviews + stuff they told us they are great instead of making them great and if you say anything you get targeted and abused for finding fault.

Phasma was wasted in the film. I agree.

It seems devious. You know what didn't need to talk about how great a femal their lead was? Lucy , You know what a great character as a lead? Lucy. This is relying on the trend right now and manipulating people into trying to shame any who don't like it.

It's more to do with the why and double standard applied to Rey and not Luke and Anakin. We've had that debate already and we won't repeat it.

There is though as VII didn't feel like star wars. It felt like bad fan fiction at times.

Not to me. Much of the old EU novels, now those literally were bad fan fiction.

The entire Yuuzhan Vong thing was moronic. Anything Troy Denning wrote was atrocious. And let's be honest, outside of a few gems like the Thrawn trilogy, most of the EU was mediocre to outright lame.

And IT WAS NEVER CANON ANYWAY!

Because they had it for so long and the original Marvel ones were bad. Let them keep it. It hurts no one.

Comparing the new Marvel comics to literally almost anything from Dark Horse seems like they did the right thing by switching to Marvel. The new comics are great! The SW and Darth Vader ongoings are a lot of fun, and yes they feel like Star Wars. Least to me. I guess since its new canon it's apocrypha to you.

But of course they wouldn't keep it at DH! Why would they do that when they have their own comic publisher in Marvel? It just makes no sense.

Maybe they will turn it around. I hope they do. But right now Star wars to me it a product of bullying , a product of malice and in the hands of a company I feel their track record proves do not right by other's creations. I know it sells but so did the new Ninja Turtles film and so do the Transformers movies. Also a Star wars film a year is a bad idea

Here's the problem. You make these statements that are completely without proof or merit. Why is a SW film a year a bad idea? Why is the MCU so different from SW in that sense?

we had 6 films in 38 years that's not bad. This way I worry it'll over saturate the market and people will get sick of it. Look at guitar hero. It just came back but before that people hated it or got bored of it. i feel comic films + SW will do this if it's one a year. That'll hurt the franchise more than the prequels did as it'll go the way of products where you are like "oh god another!"

And yet, Marvel has been doing it for 8 years now with their films with no sign of slowing down.

The truth is, you're projecting your hopes instead of looking at it rationally. You're pissed that they rebooted the EU canon you loved, so you've taken to trolling, dismissing, and hating everything that has to do with the new canon, at the expense of rationality.

Rationally, if the MCU movies can maintain 2 per year (soon 3 per year) without any audience fatigue (and increasing box office takes usually), why can't SW do it once per year?

A year is a long time. Maybe if it was every other month or something, but a year is a different story.

Could they reach market saturation/audience fatigue eventually? Absolutely. But I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Here's the problem. You make these statements that are completely without proof or merit. Why is a SW film a year a bad idea? Why is the MCU so different from SW in that sense?

And yet, Marvel has been doing it for 8 years now with their films with no sign of slowing down.

The truth is, you're projecting your hopes instead of looking at it rationally. You're pissed that they rebooted the EU canon you loved, so you've taken to trolling, dismissing, and hating everything that has to do with the new canon, at the expense of rationality.

Rationally, if the MCU movies can maintain 2 per year (soon 3 per year) without any audience fatigue (and increasing box office takes usually), why can't SW do it once per year?

A year is a long time. Maybe if it was every other month or something, but a year is a different story.

Could they reach market saturation/audience fatigue eventually? Absolutely. But I don't see it happening anytime soon.

I never said Marvel was different in fact in the MCU i said I'm already bored it with. and It's not "projecting your hopes!" I honestly feel doing 1 a year (in marvel's case 2 or 3 as you said) is bad. it's like anything. Yearly can be bad. Look at anything. COD use to always have best selling game and after a lot of time it's faded out.

I don't think saying that is a concern is wrong. I mean http://www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/news/?a=58044 , http://mashable.com/2015/07/15/too-many-superhero-movies/#UDwHwEHTrPqO , http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/17/how-many-superhero-movies-is-too-many.html and theres more who already asking if there is too many.

That concern is not to do with EU or hate. I even hope they can see it coming and slow down when needed. This was just a real concern as we are getting too many cinematic universe. Transformers , Marvel , DC , Hasbro , Godzilla/king kong , Ghostbusters, Star wars and soon fast and the furious. too many soon will either a) hurt them allor b) hurt new films and thus the industry.

Even Spielberg sees it http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-...ks-Superhero-Movies-Go-Way-Western-80577.html

As for my hate clouding me on new stuff. I could say "No, I love Battlefront. I even love Star wars Droid Tales and i am looking forward to rouge one. Just cause I read the comics or books now and find them not as good. I wish I could find some I enjoyed but I don't like it. I was given this for christmas http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Darth-Volume-Marvel/dp/0785192557 and found it one of the worst star wars comics I've ever read. So what? I'm allowed to no like it as much as you are to like it." Which is true but then that'll just turn into another "Your wrong to not like stuff because" debates and those are pointless.

So instead I'll post pics of what I bought today

CX5SvCeWEAAoOGq.jpg

CX5SvBGWwAEDoMz.jpg

CX5SvAmW8AAcJUe.jpg

Bonus

CX5UFHIWkAIap-t.jpg

I found a new shop in my city that sold nerdy stuff , I saw lightsaber and was like hell yeah! Anakin's awesome + Yes bonus is more pop vinyl LOL i have too many now (My favourites are Black Spider-man and Stay Puft Giant pop)

Over saturation problem is a simple fix, just don't see it. What didn't you like about Vader?

Last edited:
I imagine that game is pretty bad in general if you aren't a kid from what I've heard.

Nope. It's a lot of fun.

I wish I could light this thread on fire.

I never said Marvel was different in fact in the MCU i said I'm already bored it with. and It's not "projecting your hopes!" I honestly feel doing 1 a year (in marvel's case 2 or 3 as you said) is bad. it's like anything. Yearly can be bad. Look at anything. COD use to always have best selling game and after a lot of time it's faded out.

While I agree game series using yearly releases tend to get stale, I disagree that's happened (at least not yet) with the big film franchises like MCU and SW.

Will it happen eventually? I have no doubt. Anytime soon? Probably not.

But video games development and film franchise development are two very different animals: different audiences (generally), different timelines for production (video games generally take 2-3 years in modern day for AAA game releases, whereas major blockbuster films have 1-1.5 years production time from pre-production, filming, editing and special effects, etc).

Personal opinions on such things really don't matter. It's the numbers that do, and the numbers (box office wise) show absolutely no downturn in box office, and it's likely safe to say interest hasn't waned... yet.

That concern is not to do with EU or hate. I even hope they can see it coming and slow down when needed. This was just a real concern as we are getting too many cinematic universe. Transformers , Marvel , DC , Hasbro , Godzilla/king kong , Ghostbusters, Star wars and soon fast and the furious. too many soon will either a) hurt them allor b) hurt new films and thus the industry.

Of course. But what you're not noting is that the audience will decide when they're bored with it. I agree it will happen, but the more quality series will stick around longer.

Thus, film universes like Hasbro, King Kong/Godzilla, etc probably won't last long. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. We'll see.

Even Spielberg sees it

Spielberg is speaking of the fact things are cyclical. No one is debating eventually there will be audience fatigue. I'm just saying after 8 years of MCU films that shows no signs of slowing down, and likely the same will apply to Disney.

As for my hate clouding me on new stuff. I could say "No, I love Battlefront. I even love Star wars Droid Tales and i am looking forward to rouge one. Just cause I read the comics or books now and find them not as good. I wish I could find some I enjoyed but I don't like it.

Yeah, but your presumptions before that wyo corrected clearly show you're not actually checking them out.

But seriously, if nothing else, read the recent Lando mini-series by Marvel. It was excellent.

I was given this for christmas http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Darth-Volume-Marvel/dp/0785192557 and found it one of the worst star wars comics I've ever read. So what? I'm allowed to no like it as much as you are to like it." Which is true but then that'll just turn into another "Your wrong to not like stuff because" debates and those are pointless.

You're entitled to your opinion, but exactly what was it you didn't like about it? It's an excellent series really through and through, so I'm curious how to you its "one of the worst" SW comics you've ever read. What didn't you like about it?

Yeah, but your presumptions before that wyo corrected clearly show you're not actually checking them out.

As I explained that was based on reading part in a comic shop and THAT made me not check that one out. Should I have checked it out fully? Maybe the part I read was ugly art and sounded dumb so I didn't. Sorry but it's my money.

You're entitled to your opinion, but exactly what was it you didn't like about it? It's an excellent series really through and through, so I'm curious how to you its "one of the worst" SW comics you've ever read. What didn't you like about it?

Which is true but then that'll just turn into another "Your wrong to not like stuff because" debates and those are pointless.

Called it.

Last edited:
How is he asking what you didn't like saying that you're wrong to like stuff? Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

How is he asking what you didn't like saying that you're wrong to like stuff? Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

No but read back on this. That's how it always starts especially the "what was it you didn't like about it? It's an excellent series really through and through"

No but read back on this. That's how it always starts especially the "what was it you didn't like about it? It's an excellent series really through and through"

I didn't say that. In fact, I didn't really think that the second arc was all that great. I asked why you didn't like the first one though.

Or I could genuinely be curious. I'm trying to gauge your tastes to better understand them, and figured asking what you didn't like would offer insight.

I'm glad it's now in two threads.

Yeah because the board has been a hotbed of discussion otherwise.

I mean, isn't that what Internet forums are for? Specifically ones aimed at the niche of comic books? Nitpicking and pointless debates are pretty much par for the course for comic fans.

I saw this today brand new in shop on clearance, so i pulled out my phone and checked , it's backwards compatible on xbox one so I bought this .... again (already had it on 360 once before RROD , PS3 + Wii now on 360) and remember why I loved this game sooooo much

[video=youtube;oWU-noCTe08]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWU-noCTe08&html5=1[/video]

OH MY GOD ...... Could we get a new Lego Star wars with the new films + rebels ? I'd buy it. As regardless of feelings about something star wars i think we can all agree EVERYONE can enjoy LEGO games. I mean most say Phantom Menace was bad , Admit it Lego Phantom Menace in game was a blast! I can already see Lego Rey having to break open everything to find scap parts to take and sell or Lego flametroopers (the stormtroopers with flame throwers) burning village but randomly toasting marshmallows too.

LEGO Avengers has 6 movies on it so I'm thinking : Rouge one+ Force awakens = 2 we are a 3rd of the way there maybe. Hell a new version of I to VI since they talk now + can do more would be awesome.

Also got a new 2015 book I will be reviewing tonight (don't worry that review will NOT be against it as the book is AWESOME ) i'll post that later

Latest posts

Back