Superman: Doomsday [spoilers]

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
I just found this by mistake on IMDB

http://imdb.com/title/tt0934706/

it says it comes out 18 September 2007 and has Bruce W. Timm doing it. (it's not a follow on to animated series)

Adapted from the "Death and Return of Superman" story-arc that ran through the DC comics of the 1990s.

Cool I wanted to see this as a film now I will as an animate film.

How I found it was I looking at James Marsters to see what he is in and saw this (he voices lex) and thought "Great scott" *in doc voice* Now i know you will all hate the idea of it but I thought it sounds cool and typed in Superman in search and saw no doomsday film listed.

Re: Superman: Doomsday

I just found this by mistake on IMDB

http://imdb.com/title/tt0934706/

it says it comes out 18 September 2007 and has Bruce W. Timm doing it. (it's not a follow on to animated series)

Cool I wanted to see this as a film now I will as an animate film.

How I found it was I looking at James Marsters to see what he is in and saw this (he voices lex) and thought "Great scott" *in doc voice* Now i know you will all hate the idea of it but I thought it sounds cool and typed in Superman in search and saw no doomsday film listed.

Well, if the toys for this that were previewed at Toy Fair this year are any indication then it'll use the same animation style as the Timmverse.

I want the New Frontier and Teen Titans: Judas Contract movies to step up production, but I guess this is a safer bet for DC.

I don't know how they can make New Frontier into a 90-minute animated movie, but I can't wait to see it.

Actually, the same goes for Death of Superman.

I haven't read Judas Contract.

Well, if the toys for this that were previewed at Toy Fair this year are any indication then it'll use the same animation style as the Timmverse.

I want the New Frontier and Teen Titans: Judas Contract movies to step up production, but I guess this is a safer bet for DC.

cool I've not seen them.

I want to know how they will handle the death. I hope it's emotional

I'm pretty sure there's a thread for this somewhere.

I don't think so. This is the first I've heard of this.

I mentioned in another thread but I have a huge soft spot in my heart for Death of Superman. I cannot explain it. I don't watch any of the Timm cartoons but I do like the style, and seeing a movie done in that style would be cool.

I don't think so. This is the first I've heard of this.

I mentioned in another thread but I have a huge soft spot in my heart for Death of Superman. I cannot explain it. I don't watch any of the Timm cartoons but I do like the style, and seeing a movie done in that style would be cool.

I liked that style too.

I've never read the death and return just read about it but I always thought that would make a great superman film. But i'm surprised I thought no one would look forward to this but then you and Joey said you were

I don't watch any of the Timm cartoons but I do like the style, and seeing a movie done in that style would be cool.

E.....you NEED to. His Batman is nothing short of classic. And Justice League Unlimited is literally---and I mean LITERALLY---the greatest cartoon ever made in the history of eternity.

I will let you borrow them if proof is needed.

I've never read the death and return just read about it but I always thought that would make a great superman film. But i'm surprised I thought no one would look forward to this but then you and Joey said you were

Death of Superman is the story that really got me into DC Comics. I'd read a few of their books before, mostly Batman, but Death of Superman solidified me as a DC fanboy, which I remain to this day.

Plus I love the direct-to-video animated format. I have the three Marvel movies and the Hellboy one. I'll be getting the next Hellboy and Dr. Strange and I was really looking forward to the Conan one. What happened with that?

Plus I love the direct-to-video animated format. I have the three Marvel movies and the Hellboy one. I'll be getting the next Hellboy and Dr. Strange and I was really looking forward to the Conan one. What happened with that?

I've only got Ultimate avengers and Iron man. I honestly had never heard heard of hellboy till film came out. then i watched film yesterday and might get the animated hellboys. I really want to pick up Ultimate Avengers II though joey.

I wish there was more of them I would LOVE an Ultimate Spider-man one

E.....you NEED to. His Batman is nothing short of classic. And Justice League Unlimited is literally---and I mean LITERALLY---the greatest cartoon ever made in the history of eternity.

Agreed. The Timmverse is my preferred way of viewing the DC universe.

This might be kickass.

I was hoping that the "Death of Superman" would had happened in the Justice League episode "A Better World," where the Justice Lords trade places with our Justice League and fight Doomsday. In my head, Doomsday could had killed "evil" Superman. Since it wasn't our Superman, they wouldn't have had to explain a resurrection.

I guess the Justice League and the Justice Lords would have to ally to beat him, then the Justice Lords could had turned against the Justice League and the ending would had been the same as how it happened in the actual cartoon, with Superman making a deal with Lex Luthor to beat the Justice Lords.

I agree with this (well maybe not that jlu is greatest cartoon but it's still very good)

I loved batman TAS when it was on and superman TAS I caught resonatly but still loved it and I loved Justice league (did not watch it much when they added more people but that was only due to time shown)

Will the animation on it be anything like Teen Titans cartoon?

Now this I have no idea if it's true but someone on imdb board said

There has been a lot of speculation regarding follow-up adaptations, with favorite suggestions being Frank Miller's THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS and KINGDOM COME by Mark Waid & Alex Ross.

Will the animation on it be anything like Teen Titans cartoon?

There is no way the Judas Contract will be animated that way. It's all about Deathstroke putting a traitor in the Titans and includes all kinds of wacky violence and pedophilia.

So, anybody know if any of the four Supermen will be appearing? Or, since it's a 90 minute movie, will it be the battle with Doomsday, his death, something in the afterlife, then he comes back to fight Doomsday and Lex? I feel that by cutting out the four Supermen, they're cutting out like half of the Death of Superman storyline. I think they could do it.

Besides, I wanna' see a Timm-style Superboy in motion against an equally Timm-style Cyborg.

Marvel should have hired Paul Dini and Bruce Timm to do their animated movies. Then they wouldn't have sucked.

Latest posts

Back