The All About Comics Thread 5: Comic Books Ate My Paycheck

Blackest Night 2: Electric Boogaloo.

The Ultimates 3.

Anyone recognize this:

tumblr_kxn9y9t9521qzkltpo1_500.jpg

Seriously, brah?

The Batman of Zurr-En-Arh?

That moment with Jezebel Jet and Bruce in the Batcave where she breaks down exactly why he's broken?

The Club of Villains?

I thought it was brilliant. Not the best of Morrison's run in and of itself, but within the context of the story as a whole, it's really really great.

As for the Joker, no, you couldn't just replace him. While his presence was definitely underwhelming for me as well, the only reason he's there is because he is the Joker. That's why he's the Maitre. And well I feel like there wasn't a lot interesting done with the idea of the Devil Joker, I feel the idea that the Joker's persona being entirely codependent on Batman is a cool premise.

There were some good bits, sure. Zurr-En-Arh was definately a highlight.

I just didn't like it that much. But you're entitled to your opinion, I just have a different one. I apoligize if I didn't make that clear earlier.

Anyone recognize this:

tumblr_kxn9y9t9521qzkltpo1_500.jpg

Yeap... it's

{The Suspense is killing you isn't it..}

{Man, I must be pissing off someone right now...}

Comic Book: Executive Assisant Iris.

Character: Rose.

Last edited:
Oh god, you guys! I'm enjoying the whole Nick Simons' Incarnate Sh*itstorm. Like, I'm almost in tears laughing at how brilliant this is.

The internet is up in arms over this:
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/02/radical-halts-nick-simmons-incarnate-amid-claims-of-plagiarism/

Most of the info I'm getting is from 4chan, so probably not even half of it is true. But what I've seen of this comic has all been traced. It's insane. And before he got his official facebook page removed he went on there saying he's never heard of bleach and has never read a 'magma'. Someone immediately found an interview where he tells that Berserk is his favorite manga. :lol:

His deviantart page says: "dont steal my work, I'll make you pay" :lol::lol::lol:

This guy is great

tl;dr: Internet crusade against plagiarist son of Gene Simmons. News at eleven.

Oh god, you guys! I'm enjoying the whole Nick Simons' Incarnate Sh*itstorm. Like, I'm almost in tears laughing at how brilliant this is.

The internet is up in arms over this:
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/02/radical-halts-nick-simmons-incarnate-amid-claims-of-plagiarism/

Most of the info I'm getting is from 4chan, so probably not even half of it is true. But what I've seen of this comic has all been traced. It's insane. And before he got his official facebook page removed he went on there saying he's never heard of bleach and has never read a 'magma'. Someone immediately found an interview where he tells that Berserk is his favorite manga. :lol:

His deviantart page says: "dont steal my work, I'll make you pay" :lol::lol::lol:

This guy is great

tl;dr: Internet crusade against plagiarist son of Gene Simmons. News at eleven.
Wow. That's pretty funny.

Nick Simmons (supposedly) said:
"I have no idea how people are saying my comic looks like that bleach magma. My book is in color and the other is not. My book reads left to right... the other reads right to left. Besides some vague similarities, they're nothing alike. I put my heart and soul into my book - great story and awesome characters... yet people are trying to pull me down. And NO... I didn't trace or copy other peoples work. Most of these photos are starting to look like photoshop manipulations to make me look bad. You can't trust everything you see on the Internet."

It would be hilarious if it really was a coincidence.

It would be hilarious if it really was a coincidence.
Couldn't possibly be. It's not just character designs and panel layout he lifted, but plot points and even the occasional piece of dialogue was ripped straight from one of the three most popular manga on the planet and the dude thought no one would notice.

Check out a pretty thorough collection of evidence. And that's just the Bleach stuff. He also lifted from Hellsing and a few other series.
Turns out the myspace page wasnt his. Just someone pretending to be him.
Yeah, a lot of his reaction to this has been faked by fans to make him look like even more of an ass.

On the other side of this, Tite Kubo seems to be taking it in stride. He posted on his Twitter account that he was more unsettled by the idea of Gene Simmons' son doing a comic than he was in the fact the kid stole his work.

Which is as close as a Japanese person's politeness will allow them to get to a wicked burn.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back