The All About Comics Thread 5: Comic Books Ate My Paycheck

Couldn't possibly be. It's not just character designs and panel layout he lifted, but plot points and even the occasional piece of dialogue was ripped straight from one of the three most popular manga on the planet and the dude thought no one would notice.

Check out a pretty thorough collection of evidence. And that's just the Bleach stuff. He also lifted from Hellsing and a few other series.

Yeah I saw those too, no question he did it, I just thought it would be funny if it was accidental.

Can anyone who collects Locke & Key let me know if issue 3 has come out? I don't see it on any of the recent shipping lists, but over at iFanboy it was on one from a few weeks ago. Some guy at my LCS said that IDW is doing something strange where...only the variant came out before the regular issue? That sounds like BS to me.

Can anyone who collects Locke & Key let me know if issue 3 has come out? I don't see it on any of the recent shipping lists, but over at iFanboy it was on one from a few weeks ago. Some guy at my LCS said that IDW is doing something strange where...only the variant came out before the regular issue? That sounds like BS to me.

The comments on that issue indicate that the West Coast seem to have got it that week and the East Coast had to wait another week. Whether they actually got it or not is another matter...

The comments on that issue indicate that the West Coast seem to have got it that week and the East Coast had to wait another week. Whether they actually got it or not is another matter...

Hmmm. Interesting. Further evidence that guy at my LCS didn't know what he was talking about. Thanks, dude.

Last edited:
You know I've heard that Nick kid do a rock performance, and it really wasn't bad at all. I'm surprised he's trying to do comics, but he's a crook, I do hope the full weight of the law falls upon, that kind of thing shouldn't be standed for whoever your parents are.

Truth to be told, as vague a concept as 'homage' is, I'm pretty sure this is full blown art theft.

Gotta agree.

The art in his panel is almost a complete recreation of the original panel with the same looking character.

To me, an homage is something like Cassaday's final panel in Astonishing X-Men#15. It was an homage to Uncanny X-Men#132. To me...that's an homage.

149227-kitty-pryde_400.jpg

uncanny-x-men-132-pic1-wolverine.jpg

Gotta agree.

The art in his panel is almost a complete recreation of the original panel with the same looking character.

To me, an homage is something like Cassaday's final panel in Astonishing X-Men#15. It was an homage to Uncanny X-Men#132. To me...that's an homage.

149227-kitty-pryde_400.jpg

uncanny-x-men-132-pic1-wolverine.jpg

The other thing is, I think you kind of need to earn your right to utilize an homage.

So Mighty Avengers annoyed the hell out of me this week, mostly because it smacks of editorial interference, or is just plain bad writing (probably both). On the other end of the spectrum Wolverine: Weapon X was great, it's basically Terminator but with several Deathlocks from the future.

I found that slag guy interesting, Aaron said there'd be a future version of Wolverine in that book, for some reason I really think that was him

maybe Wolverine is destined to get tossed into a volcanoe

I found that slag guy interesting, Aaron said there'd be a future version of Wolverine in that book, for some reason I really think that was him

maybe Wolverine is destined to get tossed into a volcanoe

Naw, they said the guy's name several times, as well as the Deathlocks are hunting down future heroes before they ever get started on heroing.

Well done, Quayle. ;)

It can't be better than OMG ULTICABLEWOLVERINEFRUMDAFUSHAR!

(I need to catch up on Weapon X)

volcanoe is the traditional canadian spelling of volcano, makes it look more like the word canoe

really I just accidentally put an e on the end of the word, put away your spell check boner, how often do you have to type volcano?

Naw, they said the guy's name several times, as well as the Deathlocks are hunting down future heroes before they ever get started on heroing.

well the guy was clearly already a vigilante of sorts, didn't remember anything from his past, had wolverine claws in the first drawing as well as his knuckle spikes. It wouldn't be unlike wolverine to take another name because he doesn't remember his own (cough*logan*cough).

Ben Reilly had a name of his own, and he was still Peter Parker..... of sorts, I don't want to get into a duplicate identity debate cause thats not my point

come to think of it today I met a kid named Ben Reilly

volcanoe is the traditional canadian spelling of volcano, makes it look more like the word canoe

really I just accidentally put an e on the end of the word, put away your spell check boner, how often do you have to type volcano?

Meyow!

Really, dude. I just wanted to crack a Dan Quayle joke.

Latest posts

Back