The Dark Knight {Spoilers Abound}

Apparently that guy who had the Rachel Dawes name tag was supposed to be Mad Hatter?

It's not even him! That's it! You're getting 10,000 infraction pts!

I know your new avatar is the guy from Psyched, but I'm talking about the classic old one that Marvelman now sports.

And what about this:

DIrishB said:
Though I'm not understanding his pigeon-holing of you here, either. I never would've pegged you as a conservative in any sense.

Where's the love, Ice?

:(

ProjectX2 said:
Apparently that guy who had the Rachel Dawes name tag was supposed to be Mad Hatter?

What guy? I don't remember that part.

Anyway, I'm gonna go see this again tomorrow after work.

Last edited:
What guy? I don't remember that part.

When they were trying to assassinate the mayor, and the Joker had his crew dressed up as the squad of cops, and they chased one of them down.

The guy Harvey Dent tied down and intimidated.

When they were trying to assassinate the mayor, and the Joker had his crew dressed up as the squad of cops, and they chased one of them down.

The guy Harvey Dent tied down and intimidated.

Oh ok. Really, the Mad Hatter? Who said that? I can't remember specifically, but wasn't he only wearing a policeman's cap/hat until it got knocked off in the tackle. And from what I remember, he was just sporting his hair in the back of the ambulance. So why do people think he's a villain who's entire thing is wearing different hats?

Oh ok. Really, the Mad Hatter? Who said that? I can't remember specifically, but wasn't he only wearing a policeman's cap/hat until it got knocked off in the tackle. And from what I remember, he was just sporting his hair in the back of the ambulance. So why do people think he's a villain who's entire thing is wearing different hats?

Hey, I didn't say it. I don't know what the rationale is.

What I do know is, hats=evil.

Why do you say that?

On another forum, they said Batman told Dent his name was Jervis Tetch. I don't remember that, but I would believe it. I didn't hear what his name was.

It was the guy who was working for The Joker and was a bit nutty and that Dent kidnapped.

Last edited:
On another forum, they said Batman told Dent his name was Jervis Tetch. I don't remember that, but I would believe it. I didn't hear what his name was.

It was the guy who was working for The Joker and was a bit nutty and that Dent kidnapped.

Maybe he was nervous 'cuz Harvey stole his hat. ;)

Hey, I didn't say it. I don't know what the rationale is.

Fair enough, just thought maybe you'd heard more.

On that note...Proj, what the hell are you talking about:

ProjectX2 said:

Or are you just pulling stuff out of your *** to mess with our heads?

You evil, evil, evil hat.

Zombipanda said:
What I do know is, hats=evil.

Yes, they are. See above.

Oh ok. So it was just sort of a throw-away reference, got it. You're not an evil hat after all.

Last edited:
batman did NOT say his name was jarvis tetch. some fanboy is making things up based on what his brain wanted him to hear. batman DID say his name was "Schiff, Thomas."

thats what i picked up all three times seeing it.

batman did NOT say his name was jarvis tetch. some fanboy is making things up based on what his brain wanted him to hear. batman DID say his name was "Schiff, Thomas."

thats what i picked up all three times seeing it.

That would explain why I didn't pick up on it. I'm pretty good at picking up nods to the source material, like the "Can it stand up to dogs?"/"It'll work against cats" line between Bruce and Lucius (obvious reference to Catwoman), etc. I know Jervis Tetch is Hatter's name, so I wondered why I hadn't picked up on it.

SECOND-VIEWING TIDBITS:

- I'd just like to point out that I liked how they made Commissioner Loeb a good guy. There wasn't really any way they could make him into the corrupt scum bag he was in the comics, so I was glad they made him a likeable guy...even if it was on his deathbed!

- Did anyone notice Bale lisping in some of the scenes? This was really off-putting. That and how in some of the more well-lit scenes, he had to squint in the mask, which made him lose all of the intensity in his eyes. Also, Gary Oldman's English accent spills out a few times. "They knew we were coming!" is a prime example. Those are probably my biggest problems in the film. Srsly. Oh, and I also didn't really like Bat-Mask 2.0. It looks too chunky and poofy and there are times when it even reminded me of the Adam West helmet, which is never a good thing. It lacked the 'sharp' look of the Begins cowl. I did love the new suit in action, though. One of my favourite shots in the movie was Batman standing over the wreckage of one of the many explosions in the movie, in the early hours of the morning. The more advanced ridges in the suit combined with the excellent lighting made Batman look mythical and breath-taking.

- I think it's also worth pointing out that it's funny how wrong we were about the new Batsuit. Most of the Internet was convinced it was an 'even more advanced suit', but it was actually noted as being considerably less protective than the first one.

- Ledger is even better the second-time. Yes he probably lacks a few Jokerish idiosyncrasies now and then, but he's still the best Joker ever and his overall philosophies in the film make up for any of his shortcomings (of which there are so very few). I disagree that his performance could have been done by 'anyone' and comparing the quality of his performance to Ellen Page's turn as Juno is just wrong. He really did make the performance magical with subtle movements and mannerisms and I really don't want to see another actor try to emulate that (unless it's a minor, cameo appearance). Also, I think I may have over-rated Aaron Eckhart a teensy bit, the first time round. He's still excellent and I had no problem with his transition and felt it was handled fine, but I was wrong in thinking that he was Oscar-worthy.

Last edited:
Sweet Vindication, Harvey may be alive.

I mean it's not much but at least it seems that someone involved in creating The Dark Knight is suggesting that Dent may be alive.

Here's the quote from the article: "Likewise, the ending of TDK seemed to suggest that Harvey Dent/Two-Face was dead, although producer Emma Thomas told IGN after an early press screening that Dent's last scene was ambiguous enough to suggest that perhaps he was still alive."

After all Dent didn't fall from that far up (it seemed roughly the same height Maroni was thrown from).

I think it's a nice little ambiguity. They don't really say anything other than that his reputation is dead.

Although personally, even if Harvey is still alive, I don't want to see him become a public supervillain like the Joker was. If Batman's name is just 'presto, super-fix-it glue' cleared because Two-Face is suddenly revealed to be a big time supervillain...then The Dark Knight's brilliance will be undone and all of the "no more sequels!" crowd will be justified. Keep him dead, I say. Or at least, keep his existence a deep dark secret not only within the movie, but in the run-up to the movie as well.

Last edited:
You know, you may very well be right. I could of have sworn that I saw Dent breathing...for like a second. But even then, that might be reason enough to suggest that he has not been axed.

But then again, yes, it may be the general height that Batman threw Maroni off of, but at the same time, Maroni landed on his feet, with no extra weight weighing down on him (Batman tackled Dent, remember?). That could of have easily constituted for skull/spinal damage, when you also put into the fact that half of his body was just burnt up a few nights before.

So, we really have no idea if Dent is alive or not until they start talking about the next movie.

But then again, yes, it may be the general height that Batman threw Maroni off of, but at the same time, Maroni landed on his feet, with no extra weight weighing down on him (Batman tackled Dent, remember?). That could of have easily constituted for skull/spinal damage, when you also put into the fact that half of his body was just burnt up a few nights before.

Plus, I'd be very surprised if he didn't sustain a few injuries from that flipped-over-car fiasco with Maroni.

Know what I just realised?

"You want to be able to move your head?"

"It would sure make backing out of the driveway, easier!"

Fox had nothing to do with the creation of the Bat-Mask. Bruce and Alf ordered and created it, themselves. Seems kind of odd that he'd go to Fox for improvements on it. I guess Fox probably had a hand in creating the neck-brace thing, though.

Last edited:
Once Lucius was in on the secret, I'm sure Bruce put over all of the suit-making in his hands.

Latest posts

Back