The Immortal Iron Fist #1-16 discussion [Fraction/Brubaker/Aja] [spoilers]

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist series discussion (Spoilers!)

wizard182shaw001043e85avg1.jpg

Danny Rand-- current-- Bru says "he is a fascinating character... almost like the Shadow... really going to dig into his history, the history of the rand fortune, and have him come face to face with his ghosts. when he comes out the other side, he is going to be a richer character for it"

Orson Randall 1900-1933-- possibly the first western Iron Fist, ww1 vet who wandered the globe

Bei Bang-Wen 1827-1860-- "a legendary rebel impervious to blade and bullet, last seen engaging in single combat a regiment of soldiers sweeping the Taku Forts on the shores of the Pei Tang"

Wu Ao-Shi-- 1517-1550-- "most pirates have hooks and peg legs. this one has a fist of iron and the power to level mountains. The Pirate Fist of Pinghai Bay, this wild woman warlord of the waters once destroyed an armada 3000 strongthat dared incur on her oceans, says Fraction. Ever seen a Chinese pirates' vessel? Ever seen three-dozen of them, set on fire? It's pretty sweet."

Bei Ming-Tian-- every story needs a beginning and this one is no different, thought it will be as big and intense as everything else planned for the series. The first Iron Fist we meet-- literally says Fraction. First issue opens with him facing down invading Ghengis Khan's Mongols.

Last edited:

I find the chick one in the new issue very sexy. I want a mini just about her.

thats a cool article

"Iron Fistory"? :lol:

i made that pic my sig on newsarama, and mortalkombatonline

This comic rules.

This comic rules.

Yeah it does. I just finished #3 last night. Seriously....I never thought I'd care about reading an Iron Fist comic.

The only thing I don't like is the main art. I'd prefer if they'd just use Foreman for the whole thing instead of just the past.

David Aja is the one of the best things about this comic. It gives it a real pulp noir feeling and makes Iron Fist actually look cool... you're obviously wrong.

I love Aja's art. If it were a Woman, I'd be having sex right now.

But this is a very solid comic. I've always loved Iron Fist and am very happy that he finally has his own series.

I love Aja's art. If it were a Woman, I'd be having sex right now.

But this is a very solid comic. I've always loved Iron Fist and am very happy that he finally has his own series.

You sure she wouldnt realize she's too good for you?

David Aja is the one of the best things about this comic. It gives it a real pulp noir feeling and makes Iron Fist actually look cool... you're obviously wrong.

Meh. I'm just not feeling it.

Just reed issue 4 Orson rules man

I probably won't be able to read this for another week or so. Can anyone post a summary?

I'm not sure I can summarize it without the issue in front of me.

But Foreman's art is getting a lot better than it was in the first issue and it was awesome to see Sal Buscema is still working sometimes.

I really like the way they're using multiple artists on this.

Pretty much. I never thought I would love Iron Fist this much.

And I am really looking forward to the issue that focuses on the Pirate Queen.

It just hit me

Maybe Orson Randall is Ronin

I just read last week's issue today and it was awesome. That is all.

No, seriously how badass is this? I say kill Danny and let Orson run the show. The mythology of Iron Fist done by Brubaker is astonishing though really.

5/5

Orson Randall will **** your mother.

And she will like it.

Latest posts

Back