Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Discussion (SPOILERS)

How would you rate Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?

• Total voters
This was pretty good. I actually liked it better than the first one, because it introduces more of the Transformers history and has some awesome scenes with Optimus Prime. I was surprised at how much swearing and inappropriateness there was - I realize that there are people who probably went to see this because they were fans of the Transformers in the '80s, but did the filmmakers not realize that a large part of the audience is like, under the age of 10? There was a lot of unnecessary stuff, a lot of unnecessary swearing .... They said "*****-***," "*****," and "punk-***" so many freakin' times, and I think I even heard the Twins say "*****." But I did enjoy Megan Fox's boobies flopping around in slow-motion every 10 minutes. Bumblebee was badass when he was ripping Decepticons' heads off and stuff during one scene in the desert. But Optimus was more badass. Right when he first gets droplifted in Shanghai at the beginning, he exudes badassness. And the scene where he takes on all those Decepticons in the forest, right before he dies (by the way, where were the rest of the ****ing Autobots in that scene? What took them so long to get there?). Arcee was barely in it. That's the problem, there's so many Transformers that you can only focus on certain ones. The main focus in terms of Transformers in the first movie was probably Bumblebee; Optimus Prime played a big role as leader/narrator, but it was still more about BB since Sam, the main human character, was being introduced as well. But the focus is more on Optimus in this movie, even if he gets killed very early on (the movie's not just about the Transformers anyway).

Sam's parents were really annoying. Especially the mother.

Optimus always seems to be toppling/tripping over everything in his path. He can barely make a successful droplift.

Last edited:
did you find the answer to this question?:twisted:

Well, I learned that even robots think Megan Fox is hot, and are tempted to hump her leg when they come into contact with her. I also learned that female Transformers actually use their tongues as penis-like devices, and probably for penis-like purposes. And they also have serpentine organs in their butt that they can protrude and retract at will, with even more flexibility than a human phallus.

But no, I didn't get an answer to my question, because Arcee is only in the movie for a total of about 5 minutes.

What the hell was up with the humping dogs though? Seriously.

Just saw this thought it was great. I'm kind of wondering what they are going to do for the third movie.

Just saw this thought it was great. I'm kind of wondering what they are going to do for the third movie.

Unicron!:rockon:

I don't know how they would fit him or Primus in the story though, since the Transformers were created by the All Spark in this universe .... But I always thought it was interesting that Primus transformed into Cybertron and Unicron transformed into Cybertron's moon (Unicron's horns even form sort of a crescent moon shape).

Besides, as epic as this movie was, y'know, the only way to go is up, and what's more epic than Unicron? He's basically the Galactus of the Transformers. Just complete this trilogy with Unicron. He was the bad guy in the original Transformers movie from the '80s, voiced by Orson Welles, but since Welles died around the same time the movie was made, and since his voice recordings sounded kind of bad due to his old age, it was rumored that he was replaced by Leonard Nimoy (I think).

Nimoy was also considered for the role of the Fallen in this film, and he happens to be related to Michael Bay by marriage (though Bay was too ***** to ask him to do the voice, and Nimoy heard he was being considered and said that he would be willing to do the voice) .... I know Bay isn't returning though (as of right now). Nimoy would be awesome as the voice of Unicron. He did previously voice Galvatron, back in the '80s movie (Galvatron is what Megatron became after he died).

But .... A lot of the traits of Primus and Unicron are shared by the Seven Primes in this movie (even though the Primes were based on the Original 13 Transformers from the comics). In the Unicron Trilogy, Primus and Unicron were originally made (at the dawn of time) by an interdimensional entity known as the "All Spark" (but later renamed "The One," and bearing no apparent relation to the All Spark of the movie universe, since that one just appears to be a non-sentient freakin' Rubik's cube), for the purpose of searching the galaxy for other forms of life. One day, they stumbled across a galaxy rich in energon. Unicron desired the energon for himself and slew his brother, casting his body out into a nearby star. Later (about 9 billion years ago), Primus' body transformed into Cybertron (according to the Unicron Trilogy though, Primus is technically the planet's core). Afterwards, Primus created the thirteen originals. When Unicron came and attacked Cybertron, he was defeated by the Transformers. The Transformer race expanded after the battle. Unicron eventually attacked the planet again, but was defeated again, but he hid in plain sight as Cybertron's moon and eventually implanted some of his cells inside Cybertron, where they gestated and became the Mini-Cons. A war began over control of the Mini-Cons, and the Autobots decided to let them choose their own destiny, and helped them escape the planet. The Mini-Cons landed on Earth like 4 million years ago. When humans found them, they were used to create new technology I think, and due to their being created by Unicron, they wound up producing some violent technology.

But anyway, you can see how some of that parallels with the mythology of this universe, with the Seven Primes being sent out to harvest energon and the Fallen eventually betraying them (even though there are already characters like the Fallen and the Thirteen Originals in the comics). And also, I think they said that Megatron in this movie was meant to be Galvatron, but they chose not to change his name so as not to confuse people .... And in the comics/cartoon, it was Unicron who brought Megatron back as Galvatron (in some universes though, Galvatron and Megatron are 2 different Transformers .... and Primus and Unicron were accepted as universal singularities until Bayformers came out .... They even retconned the cartoon continuity to make Primus and Unicron the creators instead of the alien Quintessons I think).

I'd like to see Ultra Magnus and Shockwave as well. Also, they've been saying that they have a "really cool" idea to make the Dinobots work in this universe, and I'd like to see what it is. However .... The more Transformers you add, the less focus you have on a lot of them. And y'know .... I'd like to see Rodimus Prime, but I don't wanna say that Optimus should die AGAIN .... But he actually has died numerous times in other media, and he had to die in order to get the Matrix (in the comics/cartoon continuity, he died a long time ago, and was reborn into a Prime using the Matrix .... There are slight variations of this story throughout Transformers media .... For example, in some media, Optimus is called Optimus Prime even before he gets the Matrix (like in the movie universe), and in other media, he is known as Orion Pax (Transformers cartoon) or Optronix (Dreamwave comics) before getting the Matrix; in the movie universe, Optimus just ended up dying later on, in the modern age). Maybe Optimus discovers that he isn't the last Prime, that there is ONE other Prime left, and it's Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime. He doesn't necessarily have to die for Rodimus to appear (in the '80s movie, Rodimus, who was voiced by Judd Nelson AKA Bender from The Breakfast Club, ended up becoming Optimus' successor after he died .... But I think it would be dumb to kill Optimus two movies in a row).

I think if you really want to take it to the next level, then you have to have a pissload of Autobots and Decepticons in the next movie .... I'm talking about ****ing armies. Hundreds of Transformers. Earth is already weary and untrusting of the Transformers, so it would be awesome if you started off the next movie like 2 years after this one (just like this one is 2 years after the first one) and start off with an army of Autobots fighting off Megatron's forces. And eventually Unicron would arrive, eat some planets and take names, and just lay waste and force Optimus and Megs to team up. I dunno. Get Roland Emmerich or Jerry Bruckheimer or Spielberg (I think he's still producer of these movies) to do it. Kick some ***. Or maybe, after Revenge of the Fallen, when Megs and Starscream and the rest of the Decepticons left Earth, maybe they come back with hordes of soldiers, and are all the heralds of Unicron. They're Unicronies (get it? "Uni-cronies?").

And if you don't think Primus should be in the movie .... Well, just take a look at this:
Primus.png

He never actually transformed like this in the comics/cartoons, but this is a concept drawing by Don Figueroa that was used in DK's Transformers: The Ultimate Guide, and received positive feedback.

Last edited:
I seen it. It was pretty much like the first one but everything was bigger.

Some parts were really too ridiculous, like the metal balls, dog humping, and robot farting.

I seen it. It was pretty much like the first one but everything was bigger.

Some parts were really too ridiculous, like the metal balls, dog humping, and robot farting.

It was the same with Bumblebee pissing on that guy in the first one. Suggesting that robots have the same anatomy as humans for a joke is just asanine.

Personal thoughts:

Let's face it, the main reason we all went was to see the special effects. Heck, Devastator was so complex it caused one of the computer used to make the CGI to overheat and it's insides to melt!

I wasn't expecting a terribly complex plot, so I wasn't dissapointed that much. I admit, I could've lived without the less then mature jokes. And while there were some unessacary bits in the plot, I found it less noticable and aggravating then the first one.

There are two things that particularly bug me: the government being obstructive to the Autobots and the Pretender. I understand this was written during the Bush era, but I am getting really tired of government conspiracy plots. I can see their appeal, but sometimes they're just really stupid.

As for the Pretenders...the Decepticons get a member that can replicate humans, andthey just tell her to hang out at wild college parties? Why not, say, have one of them replace the President? It would have been a cool twist and have made me much more tolerant of the government being jerks.

Optimus final battle felt more like a footnote then anything else.

That said, I enjoyed the film. There were some genuinely funny moments, (particularly Lennox telling the government agent how to use his parachute) and the fights were excellent. Any sequence that ends with Devastator being killed by a rail gun is a good sequence.

And Jetfire rambling about his father was hilarious.

Last edited:
It was the same with Bumblebee pissing on that guy in the first one. Suggesting that robots have the same anatomy as humans for a joke is just asanine.

He also cried in this one. And what was that stuff that he sprayed on Alice when he was in car mode? Oil or pee?

Personal thoughts:

Let's face it, the main reason we all went was to see the special effects. Heck, Devastator was so complex it caused one of the computer used to make the CGI to overheat and it's insides to melt!

I wasn't expecting a terribly complex plot, so I wasn't dissapointed that much. I admit, I could've lived without the less then mature jokes. And while there were some unessacary bits in the plot, I found it less noticable and aggravating then the first one.

There are two things that particularly bug me: the government being obstructive to the Autobots and the Pretender. I understand this was written during the Bush era, but I am getting really tired of government conspiracy plots. I can see their appeal, but sometimes they're just really stupid.

As for the Pretenders...the Decepticons get a member that can replicate humans, andthey just tell her to hang out at wild college parties? Why not, say, have one of them replace the President? It would have been a cool twist and have made me much more tolerant of the government being jerks.

Optimus final battle felt more like a footnote then anything else.

That said, I enjoyed the film. There were some genuinely funny moments, (particularly Lennox telling the government agent how to use his parachute) and the fights were excellent. Any sequence that ends with Devastator being killed by a rail gun is a good sequence.

And Jetfire rambling about his father was hilarious.

they do make an obama reference.

I just bought myself a Sideswipe toy.Because I love concept cars ((and that's why I bought a Bumblebee right after I've seen the first movie...)).

I think ROTF:Sideswipe is one of the best Transformers toys I've ever seen.Though a bit hard to keep it together in car mode :)

I think they've done an amazing job with the wheel-feet of Sideswipe, creates no problem standing up, and it's chest part is made from the rear side of the car ((the others generally get their chest piece from the front side...))

Latest posts

Back