Ultimate Comics Spider-Man/Miles Morales Discussion (SPOILERS)

I also agree. Some of the best moments in the book where the ones out of the Spider-Man costume.

If this title really is ending, the last issue ended really strangely. It was completely setting up for Spidey and his Amazing Friends: The Next Generation. The series is at least being put on hold and being replaced by the Cataclysm mini (the first issue comes out today, but I haven't picked it up yet). We'll see what happens after that.

Last edited:
I picked up Cataclysm: Ultimate Spider-Man #1 today. It actually picks up right after the last issue and gives as much space to Bombshell, Cloak, Dagger, and Spider-Woman as it does to Spidey. The next issue will actually pick up on the Cataclysm story, I guess. Anyway. I really like Bendis' USM and I do hope it doesn't end.

The new story is only 5 issues. Maybe Ultimate Spider Man is just on hiatus. I hope so.

Did anyone read Spider Men? At the end of the series Peter Parker is back in his own world and is looking on the computer to see if they have a Miles on his world. Then he sees something shocking and says " Oh my God". The the series says end? Did anyone understand what he saw or is it something we will see later. I don't think they are doing anymore Spider Men.

Last edited:
Did anyone read Spider Men? At the end of the series Peter Parker is back in his own world and is looking on the computer to see if they have a Miles on his world. Then he sees something shocking and says " Oh my God". The the series says end? Did anyone understand what he saw or is it something we will see later. I don't think they are doing anymore Spider Men.

I remember, but not sure where it was leading. Perhaps we may get some info in Cataclysm when Miles goes to the 616 universe--though with Peter Parker being dead I suppose the only way Miles could discover what Peter discovered would be for Miles to discover a journal or something along those lines.

I remember, but not sure where it was leading. Perhaps we may get some info in Cataclysm when Miles goes to the 616 universe--though with Peter Parker being dead I suppose the only way Miles could discover what Peter discovered would be for Miles to discover a journal or something along those lines.

Or google himself...

Yes I wondered about that! The ultimate universe has a tendency of building stuff up and then forgetting about them

Bendis has said many times since the end of that mini that it will be explained. It hasn't been forgotten about, it's just not happening yet.

Bendis has said many times since the end of that mini that it will be explained. It hasn't been forgotten about, it's just not happening yet.

He's said that before...

But actually, I just reread the Spider-Man No More arc with Roxxon and then went back and read the Silver Sable arc and the Symbiote War and even flipped through some of the Ultimate Doomsday stuff. Bendis actually did a good job tying that stuff together eventually.

(Except that in the Silver Sable arc, Roxxon is run by a guy named Donald Roxxon who inherit edit he company from his father and is in over his head and kind of a whimp, but in the Spider-Man No More arc, it's run by a guy named Philip Roxxon who is ruthless and pretty evil.)

Last edited:
Remember, Bendis has been pretty infamous with character names going all the way back to Ultimate Spider-Man. MJ's father was Greg then Craig.

Heck, I just remembered in the Spider-Man No More arc, Bombshell is called he mother's name Lori and Lori is called Lana.

Last edited:
Did anyone pick this up today?

I completely forgot this came out today, since apparently I had a bit of MCU-tunnel vision for the GotG Prelude issue and was in a rush, this no time to browse the new issues.

The review on Newsarama for it was quite glowing, serving as a tribute to Peter Parker's memory and a bridge to the next relaunch.

I'll have to swing back by the shop and pick it up.

Even though THE NUMBERING IS A LIE!!!!!!

Last edited:

liar-o.gif

Last edited:
Did anyone pick this up today?

I completely forgot this came out today, since apparently I had a bit of MCU-tunnel vision for the GotG Prelude issue and was in a rush, this no time to browse the new issues.

The review on Newsarama for it was quite glowing, serving as a tribute to Peter Parker's memory and a bridge to the next relaunch.

I'll have to swing back by the shop and pick it up.

Yeah, it was kind of cute/corny. I did like that everyone had a different perception about Peter based on their interactions with him. And JJJ coming and going was kind of sad.

I just picked it up and read it. It was really good. I laughed out loud a few times and came close to crying a couple of times too. The Gwen/Ganke kiss was uncomfortable though.

And what do we think was up with the person in the bushes at the end? Was it that Liam guy that MJ asked to leave?

And they laid out the official reasoning behind the numbering in the back. 196 [EDIT: I meant 192] issues, plus seven issues of Ultimate Six gives us 199, making this the 200th. They're clearly just justifying their fudging of the numbers but I'll accept it.

Last edited:
I just picked it up and read it. It was really good. I laughed out loud a few times and came close to crying a couple of times too. The Gwen/Ganke kiss was uncomfortable though.

And what do we think was up with the person in the bushes at the end? Was it that Liam guy that MJ asked to leave?

And they laid out the official reasoning behind the numbering in the back. 196 issues, plus seven issues of Ultimate Six gives us 199, making this the 200th. They're clearly just justifying their fudging of the numbers but I'll accept it.

I'm guessing you meant 192.

Yeah, I'm sure the guy hiding in the bushes will be addressed in the Miles Morales - Ultimate Spider-Man title.

I'm just wondering what it was that Ganke gave to Gwen. That went completely over my head. At first I thought it was going to be a Spidey made out of Legos or something since he's obsessed with those, but it wasn't revealed.

Latest posts

Back