Ultimate Human series discussion [Ellis/Nord] [spoilers]

Re: Ultimate Human #3 discussion (spoilers!)

I don't really see the problem with the issue. It's pretty good.

The problem is that I think it's completely the wrong issue. It should've been #1. You can tell Ellis wanted to start more 'in the middle' of the story so that the series would open with a bang, and then used this chapter to flesh out the villain - but it's too far into a 4-issue mini to have an issue in which there's no narrative progression. We kinda got what happened to Wisdom from the previous issues, and we're still in the same part of the story.

Would've worked as #1. As #3 - it's kinda nice but pointless.

I thought it was well written, but the back story wasn't nearly as original as I would have liked. He's after them because he got transformed in an attempt to make a better super soldier? Him and like 80% of all super villains ever. Still decent back story.

Yeah - what was cool though was it really took advantage of the Ultimate universe - Braddock's defence initiative, how the Hulk is a terrifying weapon ("without even TRYING!") - something that the other UU titles seem to ignore is just how different the UU can be, instead of the weird regurgitating nonsense a lot of it turned out to be. :\

Yeah - what was cool though was it really took advantage of the Ultimate universe - Braddock's defence initiative, how the Hulk is a terrifying weapon ("without even TRYING!") - something that the other UU titles seem to ignore is just how different the UU can be, instead of the weird regurgitating nonsense a lot of it turned out to be. :\

I completely agree... That's what caught me this issue (especially after reading all of The Ultimates), because I had forgotten so much of those little plot pieces that have just been ignored by everybody currently operating in the UU...

Ellis should be writing the entire Ultimate Universe. They should give it to him to be his plaything once Loeb finishes jerking off all over the ashes.

... once Loeb finishes jerking off all over the ashes.

Do I sense the seventh alternate cover to Ultimates 3 #5 here??

(Likely with the same sentiment than Sabretooth's once he's done) :)

Last edited:

I don't understand the point of Pete Wisdom being The Leader, but meh.

It was alright issue compared to last two, but still everything I loved in the Ultimate universe.

I completely agree... That's what caught me this issue (especially after reading all of The Ultimates), because I had forgotten so much of those little plot pieces that have just been ignored by everybody currently operating in the UU...

Ellis should be writing the entire Ultimate Universe. They should give it to him to be his plaything once Loeb finishes jerking off all over the ashes.

Yeah! The Ultimate universe used to be so unique. The European group of heroes, Thor's stature as a God... THESE are the seeds left by Millar and Hitch. And NO ONE is paying attention. Instead we have this god awful masturbation of "characters" in a "plot". It's rubbish. And a total waste. A complete and total waste. Ugh.

Ultimate Human #4 spoilers

Comic Continuum has an 6 page preview of Ultimate Human #4.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0804/25/marvelfirsts.htm

Also they have preivews of AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE #12, DAREDEVIL: BLOOD OF THE TARANTULA, IMMORTAL IRON FIST #14, IMMORTAL IRON FIST #14, MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #8, MARVEL ILLUSTRATED: MOBY DICK #3, NEW AVENGERS #40, NEW WARRIORS #11, THE ORDER #10, THOR: AGES OF THUNDER, THOR: AGES OF THUNDER, Ultimate X-Men #93 & X-MEN: LEGACY #201.

Re: Ultimate Human #4 spoilers

Hmmmmm........an interesting end to one of the better UU minis.

To be honest the mini ended pretty abruptly....but I guess considering what happens to Bruce it's to be expected.

With Tony and Bruce being held hostage, Tony surmises that the only way out of this is for Bruce to turn into the Hulk. But since his nanofleet is destroying the Hulk cells as fast as they can form...there is no transformation to come. So Tony decides to turn off the nanofleet in order to allow Bruce to change. The only drawback is that once he turns off the nanos, the Hulk cells will adapt and thus not allow the nanofleet to work once Tony turns them back on. They'll just find a way to get around the nanos.

So it's die now....or live with the Hulk forever. Nanofleet off....Hulk on the loose....Leader gets pummeled by Hulk....plane lands on Leader and Hulk....Hulk survives and jumps off into the distance....mini ends.

All in all it wasn't bad. Especially with the idea that Hulk could actually be controlled. Too bad for Bruce.

Hmmmmm........an interesting end to one of the better UU minis.

To be honest the mini ended pretty abruptly....but I guess considering what happens to Bruce it's to be expected.

With Tony and Bruce being held hostage, Tony surmises that the only way out of this is for Bruce to turn into the Hulk. But since his nanofleet is destroying the Hulk cells as fast as they can form...there is no transformation to come. So Tony decides to turn off the nanofleet in order to allow Bruce to change. The only drawback is that once he turns off the nanos, the Hulk cells will adapt and thus not allow the nanofleet to work once Tony turns them back on. They'll just find a way to get around the nanos.

So it's die now....or live with the Hulk forever. Nanofleet off....Hulk on the loose....Leader gets pummeled by Hulk....plane lands on Leader and Hulk....Hulk survives and jumps off into the distance....mini ends.

All in all it wasn't bad. Especially with the idea that Hulk could actually be controlled. Too bad for Bruce.

wow, that was one heck of a spoiler, i kinda wish i didnt read it...

No mad, just wow

(I know it said spoiler, i read it knowing it, i assumed all risks)

I know the thread said spoilers....but I even marked it since it's not out yet.

I bet you guys always peaked at your Christmas presents too.

LCS preview.

I stopped in the other day to grab my weekly pick-ups and they had this week's issues in there. Normally I'd wait and pick the issues up at the normal date....but since these were arc-ending issues, I figured I'd go ahead and read them and save myself a few bucks this week.

I also know how Iron Fist ends too. :p

LCS preview.

I stopped in the other day to grab my weekly pick-ups and they had this week's issues in there. Normally I'd wait and pick the issues up at the normal date....but since these were arc-ending issues, I figured I'd go ahead and read them and save myself a few bucks this week.

I also know how Iron Fist ends too. :p

Ah. You're smooth even when you're trying not to be. I've never been so jealous of another man before.

Latest posts

Back