Ultimate Spider-Man: And his Amazing Friends (#118-120) (Spoilers)

Re: First look at Ultimate Spider-Man #118

GOD DAMN IT BENDIS!!!

Why does he have to constantly inject superheroes into Peter's daily life? It completely ruins the whole dynamic. I'm glad I dropped this.

Can't wait!

Of course, that's just the nostalgia in me talking. With some fanboy in there. I expect this to be not so good story wise.

Last edited:

GOD DAMN IT BENDIS!!!

Why does he have to constantly inject superheroes into Peter's daily life? It completely ruins the whole dynamic. I'm glad I dropped this.

Amen.

Also remember we are not having multiple threads for each issue any more. use this thread for anything related to this issue - previews, reviews, etc.

GOD DAMN IT BENDIS!!!

I'm with you on that one.

Remember we are not having multiple threads for each issue any more. use this thread for anything related to this issue - previews, reviews, etc.

Sorry, forgot...

Last edited:
Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #118 discussion [spoilers]

I don't know why I have a good feeling about this arc...but I do.

Last edited:

GOD DAMN IT BENDIS!!!

At what point did we forget this is a Superhero book?

At what point did we forget this is a Superhero book?

I thought the whole point of the Ultimate books was to stop being cheesy "superhero books" and more like books with superheroes in them.

And yes, there is a huge difference between the two.

I thought the whole point of the Ultimate books was to stop being cheesy "superhero books" and more like books with superheroes in them.

Thats just fancy word play.

This is ment to be a throw back to the Spider-man and his amazing friends cartoon..plus we're getting top see more of liz wich methinks is firestar(wich would explain why she thought she put johnny on fire).

I don't think the problem is that Iceman, and Kitty, and Torch are in the comic.

I think the problem is that all of them congregate OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL. Just like that.

Torch - out of nowhere. Iceman - out of nowhere. At least Kitty goes to the school.

It's not so much them being in the comic, just that they just go, "Hey" like they're Kong or something.

I don't think the problem is that Iceman, and Kitty, and Torch are in the comic.

I think the problem is that all of them congregate OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL. Just like that.

Torch - out of nowhere. Iceman - out of nowhere. At least Kitty goes to the school.

It's not so much them being in the comic, just that they just go, "Hey" like they're Kong or something.

The only one I have a problem with is Iceman. Torch did go to Peter's school at one point. And he's friends with Peter and has a thing for Liz.

Yes they UU is meant to be more like the real world except there are superheroes, that doesn't mean superhero and villain interact with this one school all the damn time
Thats just fancy word play.
IT'S LOGIC
This is ment to be a throw back to the Spider-man and his amazing friends cartoon..plus we're getting top see more of liz wich methinks is firestar(wich would explain why she thought she put johnny on fire).
You see Spider-man has this great inherent dynamic of an average guy getting powers. His life around is pretty normal until he puts on his costume. The best thing about Spider-man books were Peter Parker trying to balance these two lives, he has a party where a girl he has a crush is but OH no! Doc Ock is robbing a place downtown. That's the best of Spider-man, not this crappy Smallville-style injecting characters from the normal life into the super hero plot line and the more you do that the less you'll care about the characters in the situation. Like if MJ gets kidnapped again, will you think "Oh my god MJ is in trouble" or do you thing "Oh, she's kidnapped AGAIN" Same thing with the school. The more Bendis does this (specially with crappy set up and follow through) the less impact the normal-characters-in-trouble stories would have.

Really Bendis had some great characters with Liz, Kong, etc. because they were normal people and supported the story, now they are just plot devises thrown in void of any realistic personality and interactions they may have once had.

Also how realistic is it for all this **** to happen to one damn school, seriously. Johny Storm and Kitty pride just "happened" to go there? There are hundreds of schools in New York and all this **** always happens there and it's not closed down yet? And I hate how people found out Spider-man is connected with that place, it against ruins the distinct line between Peter's personal life and his Superhero one.

****ING BENDIS!!!

The only one I have a problem with is Iceman. Torch did go to Peter's school at one point. And he's friends with Peter and has a thing for Liz.

He's friends with Spidey. Not Peter. (Sure, he knows they're the same guy, but you'd hope Torch would have more sense than to show up at Midtown and go, "Hey Pete!")

IT'S LOGIC

I don't know if you're right, but I just find it funny as hell as how you say that. :lol:

He's friends with Spidey. Not Peter. (Sure, he knows they're the same guy, but you'd hope Torch would have more sense than to show up at Midtown and go, "Hey Pete!")

I'm pretty sure he's friends with Peter. They did go to the same school together and, I believe, were friends there.

Latest posts

Back