Ultimate Spider-Man: And his Amazing Friends (#118-120) (Spoilers)

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #118 discussion [spoilers]

If you say so. I'd just think Torch and Iceman would understand Peter wouldn't like them showing up at his school and talking to him as it might mess up his secret identity. :?

Thats actually covered in a somewhat comedic way. Peter keeps mentioning them ruining his secret identity when they both show up. It was mildly amusing, but also a huge plot hole for the reasons you listed: at any high school in Anytown USA, people would notice anyone continually encountering famous or infamous super heros and villains on school property on a regular basis. Basically, pretty much everyone but Kong at the school must be morons not to have put two and two together.

Anyway, I did enjoy the issue. It was a lot of fun, pretty cool banter. I was entertained, and that was all I was looking for from this arc, and for the most part this comic...its not a deep read or anything, just fun--especially with Immonen's artwork. This arc is just a light-hearted break between the more "tragic" story arcs (the last arc, "Death of a Goblin" and the supposed upcoming "War of the Symbiotes" arc--God that name is ****ing dreadful).

I'm liking it. I give it a 4/5.

"In a somewhat comedic way"?

Please.

It was hysterical! I laughed my *** off when Iceman wouldn't shut up in front of Peter.

Absolutely brilliant issue. All my problems with it were dispelled because Bendis and Immonen just sold the ****ing thing. The characters were great, the interplay was fun - top notch work. I am so impressed and pleased.

There is, sadly, one thing that pissed me off. Whoever the hell is in charge of the previews made a big mistake. I knew Liz was "Firestar" (or whatever) from the previews. So the whole issue I'm waiting for Firestar to show up (as it were) and when she does... to be continued.

Really, REALLY, annoying.

BUT! That ain't Bendis' fault. No sir. This here is a homerun. Good on him.

Please.

It was hysterical! I laughed my *** off when Iceman wouldn't shut up in front of Peter.

Absolutely brilliant issue. All my problems with it were dispelled because Bendis and Immonen just sold the ****ing thing. The characters were great, the interplay was fun - top notch work. I am so impressed and pleased.

There is, sadly, one thing that pissed me off. Whoever the hell is in charge of the previews made a big mistake. I knew Liz was "Firestar" (or whatever) from the previews. So the whole issue I'm waiting for Firestar to show up (as it were) and when she does... to be continued.

Bass just complimented Bendis.

I think we've just reached the end of teh intarwebz.

Bass just complimented Bendis.

I think we've just reached the end of teh intarwebz.

Well Bass is the nexus of all things, its stands a chance some of those things are bad

roflbotmuwlfh1pb4.jpg

WHY do we have to put the review in with the preview. I'll have to sift through the pages now to find someone who posted a synopsis..

Too annoy you.

In all honesty, it was done to streamline the site more. So there isn't multiple threads about the same topic.

Please.

Subjective, not an absolute, etc.

;)

Otherwise, completely agree. One of the best USM issues in a loooooong time. Bendis is back in stride, and Immonen's artwork is a huge boon to the series. USM is back.

Great Book! Hate Immonens' art tho. He draws some damn ugly faces. He is quite possibly the only comic artist who does not draw hot chicks.

Great Book! Hate Immonens' art tho. He draws some damn ugly faces.

FINALLY someone who doesn't like his art. I hate it for the same reason but everyone here praises it and I can't understand why.

Great Book! Hate Immonens' art tho. He draws some damn ugly faces. He is quite possibly the only comic artist who does not draw hot chicks.

FINALLY someone who doesn't like his art. I hate it for the same reason but everyone here praises it and I can't understand why.

Never, ever, had a problem with Bagely.

But I love Immonen. He's terrific. His work is very emotive and energetic.

Never, ever, had a problem with Bagely.

But I love Immonen. He's terrific. His work is very emotive and energetic.

I just can't see how anyone can get past those faces

Please.

I agree, it was just continuous entertainment.

I loved the character pages, especially Kong. I love the idea of the random superheros all at once. And the them all discussing Fury. I love that he is the default subject that all them have in common.

This issue was awesome. The scene where all the heroes show up at the school is my absolute favorite in Ultimate history.

The whole thing ruled.

I thought this book was everything that made me fall in love with USM, but i have to agree, I could not stand the faces, just too weird...

Latest posts

Back