Ultimate Spider-Man: And his Amazing Friends (#118-120) (Spoilers)

Re: First look at Ultimate Spider-Man #118

I'm pretty sure he's friends with Peter. They did go to the same school together and, I believe, were friends there.

He left the school after the beach thing.

I'm pretty sure he's friends with Peter. They did go to the same school together and, I believe, were friends there.

I don't buy it.

I don't buy that Peter is friends with the frickin' Human Torch. If he was, he'd be the coolest guy at that ****ing school. Everyone would want a piece of him.

He's still a bookworm aint' he? Christ, I don't know anymore.

I don't buy it.

I don't buy that Peter is friends with the frickin' Human Torch. If he was, he'd be the coolest guy at that ****ing school. Everyone would want a piece of him.

He's still a bookworm aint' he? Christ, I don't know anymore.

Spidey and the Torch 'talked' in Superstars right, then in clone saga he revealed his identity towards the fantast four. Thus making them 'friends', also Iceman would know too right because of Irresponsible. Flash still calls him a spaz so of course he not in the 'in' crowd (even though if anybody called somebody a spaz at my school, they would be severly beaten). I guess torch wants to make amends towards liz or something, even though he's pretty much banging every girl in UFF and probably got over her. I think peter being with mj gives him enough 'cred' to not be kicked around anymore...homie.

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #118 discussion [spoilers]

If you say so. I'd just think Torch and Iceman would understand Peter wouldn't like them showing up at his school and talking to him as it might mess up his secret identity. :?

If you say so. I'd just think Torch and Iceman would understand Peter wouldn't like them showing up at his school and talking to him as it might mess up his secret identity. :?

Does he have a secret id anymore?

i mean who hasn't unmasked him?

Besides, it now diferent than real friends..real friends always show up unanouced.

Realism and secret identity issues notwithstanding, I really like what this comic has done with the high school, if just for its clearsightedness about now. They've turned Midtown High into a celebrity sighting landmark.

It's like the Waverly Inn of superheroes; I can imagine the Spider-man Tour Bus lurking just outside of every frame. Paparazzi hang out in the parking lot with they're camera's ready, because you never know who will show up or when, and it's a total modern mindwarp for all of the kids who are just trying to go to school there. I appreciate it as an extension of USMs general interest in media and commerce, like the bit about Kingpin owning the merchandising rights, or fansites devoted to Kitty Pride's love life.

Love it or hate it (and please, don't be shy about hating, really), it perfectly nails the tendency of the modern world to make an embarrassing circus out of just about anything. That's interesting. Are there any other examples of a situation like this in comics past or present? If so, do tell.

Realism and secret identity issues notwithstanding, I really like what this comic has done with the high school, if just for its clearsightedness about now. They've turned Midtown High into a celebrity sighting landmark.

It's like the Waverly Inn of superheroes; I can imagine the Spider-man Tour Bus lurking just outside of every frame. Paparazzi hang out in the parking lot with they're camera's ready, because you never know who will show up or when, and it's a total modern mindwarp for all of the kids who are just trying to go to school there. I appreciate it as an extension of USMs general interest in media and commerce, like the bit about Kingpin owning the merchandising rights, or fansites devoted to Kitty Pride's love life.

Love it or hate it (and please, don't be shy about hating, really), it perfectly nails the tendency of the modern world to make an embarrassing circus out of just about anything. That's interesting. Are there any other examples of a situation like this in comics past or present? If so, do tell.

That would be a cool point if not for the whole ruining one of the greatest dynamic Spider-man has thing

That would be a cool point if not for the whole ruining one of the greatest dynamic Spider-man has thing

I love that there is absolutely nothing anyone can say that Random can't turn around into something about the book being ruined.

And the great thing is that by the sounds of it he's totally right.

I love that there is absolutely nothing anyone can say that Random can't turn around into something about the book being ruined.

Its an opinion though amd there isn't a right or wrong opinion.

So everyone is right.

Its an opinion though amd there isn't a right or wrong opinion.

So everyone is right.

I disagree. I feel that "This book is ****" is a reasoned judgment. It can't be proven, but it can be supported. One reasoned judgment can be superior to another. Thus, it's worth debating.

"I like this book" is a pure opinion.

It's a gift

It's a gift

That would be a cool gift if not for the whole ignoring-the-dynamic-of-what-i-was-trying-to-say thing. But, I digress.

"The last thing I want to know is whether you like it or not; the problems of writing are after that."

-Manny Farber

Good quote, Mulesandmud.

And I know you joined half a year ago, but I don't think I said... WELCOME! :D

That would be a cool gift if not for the whole ignoring-the-dynamic-of-what-i-was-trying-to-say thing. But, I digress.

"The last thing I want to know is whether you like it or not; the problems of writing are after that."

-Manny Farber
I wasn't ignoring it, but I didn't go into as much detail as I should. That idea of this school (or anything really) becoming a hot spot for super heroes and paparazzi is good, but I just think its a totally wrong direction for the book, because it really ruins more of this book. Earlier in the series Bendis did the whole dual identity with Peter great, but the more **** like what's happening in this arc happens the more of all that great stuff is ruined

I wasn't ignoring it, but I didn't go into as much detail as I should. That idea of this school (or anything really) becoming a hot spot for super heroes and paparazzi is good, but I just think its a totally wrong direction for the book, because it really ruins more of this book. Earlier in the series Bendis did the whole dual identity with Peter great, but the more **** like what's happening in this arc happens the more of all that great stuff is ruined

Yeah but it still is the best spidey book being released. Even with McNiven on Amazing I still think that USM tops it. I think Immonen's art is really great but I only entered comics when Hobgoblin came out so people reading since the absolute beginning with Bagley, I can understand how people can dislike the transition. Bendis does seem to enter super heroes into peters everyday life but he may go somewhere with it. Jessica Drew is still in the picture and it may surface that she is going to try and out him.

Yeah but it still is the best spidey book being released. Even with McNiven on Amazing I still think that USM tops it.
That may be more, the other books sucking, but I have to disagree. I personally can't stand this book anymore
I think Immonen's art is really great but I only entered comics when Hobgoblin came out so people reading since the absolute beginning with Bagley, I can understand how people can dislike the transition.
I never really had a problem with Bagley though his art did suffer towards the end
Bendis does seem to enter super heroes into peters everyday life but he may go somewhere with it.

He hasn't gone anywhere with almost anything if you think about it

this coming arc is starting to look a little too X-Tastic

and everyone remembers the last time this book got X-Tastic....yeah Deadpool

don't blame me if i'm wary of this

Yeah but it still is the best spidey book being released. Even with McNiven on Amazing I still think that USM tops it. I think Immonen's art is really great but I only entered comics when Hobgoblin came out so people reading since the absolute beginning with Bagley, I can understand how people can dislike the transition. Bendis does seem to enter super heroes into peters everyday life but he may go somewhere with it. Jessica Drew is still in the picture and it may surface that she is going to try and out him.

Immonen's art is terrific. I think I prefer Amazing to USM at the moment, but for a while, I wasn't liking any Spidey books save for the terrific SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE (sniff... where is it?)

It's good to see you posting Interpol! 17 posts in a year! Step it up! :p

Ya know if Firestar is Liz it kinda reminds me of Mutant-X #18 where the girl from Fury's anti-mutant squad finds out she's a mutant with fire-powers.

Latest posts

Back