Ultimate Spider-Man: Ultimatum (#129-133) (Spoilers/Discussion)

fly?, where... did you.??? (shakes head)

Anyways just read that latest issue, not bad. Still don't understand why it had to be delayed. But it looks like either
Spidey or Hulk, or Doc Strange
might be dead in the next issue. Or they get sent to another realm of existence for a while. Totally did not see
Nightmare
coming back.

Most likely Strange is dead and being reanimated by Nightmare. I thought it was drool coming out of his mouth but he's apparently dripping water from every orifice. The way his body disappears and is transformed to Nightmare who looks like an evil purple Human Torch may have finished it off.

And he spells it differently than he did the first time, way back in USM #46. (Yes, I know that from memory. Yes, I'm an Ultimate Spidey nerd.) Here it's spelt phonetically.

I love that you guys get all mad when Peter -- or any Bendis character -- speaks Yiddish. I think it's hysterical. Then again, I live in a largely-Jewish-populated town, so dropping "Oy"s here and there is the norm, really.

oy, oy vey and tuchas, aren't a big deal it's stuff like Manoshefsky that brings out the "really?" type reactions

I'm with Gemini. A character speaking Yiddish is cool if they're Jewish or in a heavy Jewish thing or it's a weird character quirk or something.

But... with Spidey he just stuffs it in there and it's bizarre, arbitrary, and just off-putting. At least... to me.

I'm with Gemini. A character speaking Yiddish is cool if they're Jewish or in a heavy Jewish thing or it's a weird character quirk or something.

But... with Spidey he just stuffs it in there and it's bizarre, arbitrary, and just off-putting. At least... to me.
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Bendis makes the characters say these words that most people have no clue as to what they are/mean if you're not Jewish. It's something that's happened a lot and it does irk people.

This reminds of when we all had this same talk back during the Death of a Goblin arc with Peter yelling some Yiddish word, people going "WTF did he say?" and then finding out the word was some Jewish wine.

This thought just popped into my head. Does anyone think that the demon dimension that was at Strange's S.S. is the smae place Johnny Storm ended up at cause I'm starting to think that.

Whatever, Adolf...

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Bendis makes the characters say these words that most people have no clue as to what they are/mean if you're not Jewish. It's something that's happened a lot and it does irk people.

This reminds of when we all had this same talk back during the Death of a Goblin arc with Peter yelling some Yiddish word, people going "WTF did he say?" and then finding out the word was some Jewish wine.

Manishevitz (I think thats how its spelled).

I can't imagine how infuriating it must be for Stuart Immonen to have these issues complete and not be able to work further because of the delays in Ultimatum. In other words - to not get paid because someone else sucks at their job.

I can't imagine how infuriating it must be for Stuart Immonen to have these issues complete and not be able to work further because of the delays in Ultimatum. In other words - to not get paid because someone else sucks at their job.

He's done with his last issue of USM. Nothing is stopping him from working.

By the time Ultimatum finishes, Bagley will have already finished Mark Millar's Wolverine, All-Star Batman and Robin, the Grant Morrison Authority, Battle Chasers, and an illustrated War and Peace.

I'm calling it now.

Last edited:
By the time Ultimatum finishes, Bagley will have already finished Mark Millar's Wolverine, All-Star Batman and Robin, the Grant Morrison Authority, Battle Chasers, and an illustrated War and Peace.

I'm calling it now.

Well issue four comes out next week. So... that sounds about right.

oh yeah... "ULTIMATUM #4 (OF 5) PETER PARKER RIP VAR " way to blow that marvel.

Last edited:
So is it pretty much confirmed that Spider-Woman is the new Spider-Man in Volume 2? I hope she is.

I don't really mind them getting rid of Parker. I mean he will come back, i think they should make it so that he is transported to the demon realm. Whilst volume 2 goes on, Dr Strange is trying to bring Parker back. He should come back around issue 10 or something then do a spider-woman spin-off.

So is it pretty much confirmed that Spider-Woman is the new Spider-Man in Volume 2? I hope she is.

I don't really mind them getting rid of Parker. I mean he will come back, i think they should make it so that he is transported to the demon realm. Whilst volume 2 goes on, Dr Strange is trying to bring Parker back. He should come back around issue 10 or something then do a spider-woman spin-off.

Isn't that the type of convoluted story-telling which served as the impetus for the Ultimate universe in the first place?

Latest posts

Back