Ultimate X (Loeb/Adams)

Have they ever announced a release date for this or New Ultimates?

(don't worry, I'm not going to buy either title. I just find it amusing that they announced this ages ago and i haven't heard when it supposed to be released.)

Wasn't it only announced a month or so ago? I mean, New Ultimates was announced a long time ago, but Ultimate X only was announced a month ago.

We'll see both of them in Spring, 2010 (sometime around April or May).

We'll see both of them in Spring, 2010 (sometime around April or May).

Nope, February...

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha... Man, Loeb knows how to come up with New characters...

Check out Wolverine, Jr.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/preview2.php?image=solicits/marvelcomics/201002/ultx1.jpg

ULTIMATE COMICS X #1
Written by JEPH LOEB
Pencils & Cover by ART ADAMS
Villain Variant Cover by ART ADAMS
Special Variant by ART ADAMS
Special Variant by TBA
Spoiler Line-up Variant by ART ADAMS
Who—or what—is Ultimate X? The answers and even more secrets arrive in the all new ULTIMATE X ongoing bi-monthly series from the superstar dream team of JEPH LOEB and ART ADAMS. Wolverine is dead. Captain America is a fugitive. The Fantastic Four disbanded. Lives have been destroyed and nothing can ever be the same—is there any hope left? It all begins with a search for a brand new character whose identity will leave jaws on the floor and change the Ultimate Universe forever.

Last edited:
...a brand new character whose identity will leave jaws on the floor and change the Ultimate Universe forever.

Thought that was Ultimatums Job.

The art is good. I Like it.

Loeb is bad. I just hope it turns out okay! That's all im asking, just okay, not great, just okay.

Loeb is bad. I just hope it turns out okay! That's all im asking, just okay, not great, just okay.

I wish I could be this optimistic, but Loeb has proven time and time again that he cannot write the Ultimate Universe. I straight-up think that he doesn't get the "point" of it.

I have a strange feeling that Loeb is only recycling ideas that he had with Heroes before he got the axe. For some reason, I see this new kid as being a Peter Petrelli. A kid who has all these powers... We'll see what happens, I guess.

Isn't Cable supposed to be Wolverine?

I wouldn't be surprised if Loeb asked for that cover to mislead people, the young boy being in fact a "bone master" with a regenerative factor limited to the "external" layout of his body.

Isn't Cable supposed to be Wolverine?

I wouldn't be surprised if Loeb asked for that cover to mislead people, the young boy being in fact a "bone master" with a regenerative factor limited to the "external" layout of his body.

Ultimate Marrow? They never mentioned the name of the girl Sinister killed.

Or it could be the Ultimate mash-up of Daken and X-23, but that would still make too much sense for a Loeb story.

So instead I am going to guess that some bit of Wolverine survived and regenerated but it was so small that rather than becoming the Wolverine we know, it regenerated him in a de-aged state with no memories. Or that in a more retarded way.

Guuuuhhhhhhhh....

I was completely unaware of it, and stumbling across the solicitation filled me with such rage.

Four variant covers?? Plus the original cover?? Five total?

That's what Marvel calls 'Loebometrics'

Take any 5 people that might buy a comic.

Now make the comic be written by Loeb. Three of the people will have enough kitty litter (or be willing to spring for the good stuff), and therefore not buy the comic. One person will not know any better, and like the pretty pictures. One person will be that annoying person who thinks they will appear as a 'serious collector' if they buy every variant, but instead will look like a 'serious tool' to people who like comics.

So - readership down 60%, sales up 20% - With fewer, dumber people to please, more money can be made. Its called 'Loebometrics'.

Often other genius marketing moves are employed on 'Loebomites' - things that are brilliantly subtle - almost imperceptible - they can include:

-making people act completely out of established roles for no reason - you know, like in real life
-making characters use the most famous line from a well-known movie ('Come with me if you want to live') without the slightest hint of irony, passing it off as your own
-making all major characters the same primary colour (great for ink discounts)
-making wacky, zany things happen that fly in the face of decades of continuity, in a childishly insulting way (like having a brand new character show off his power by punching God, and making him say 'ouchie-wowie')

Loebometrics.

Seriously.

Its a rule - like the one about eating food that fell on the floor. Or the one that says if you find one of those old machines with the loop of filthy cotton towel in a mall rest room, its OK to use, but only on your face and/or tongue

Now make the comic be written by Loeb. Three of the people will have enough kitty litter (or be willing to spring for the good stuff), and therefore not buy the comic. One person will not know any better, and like the pretty pictures. One person will be that annoying person who thinks they will appear as a 'serious collector' if they buy every variant, but instead will look like a 'serious tool' to people who like comics.

So - readership down 60%, sales up 20% - With fewer, dumber people to please, more money can be made. Its called 'Loebometrics'.

Often other genius marketing moves are employed on 'Loebomites' - things that are brilliantly subtle - almost imperceptible - they can include:

-making people act completely out of established roles for no reason - you know, like in real life
-making characters use the most famous line from a well-known movie ('Come with me if you want to live') without the slightest hint of irony, passing it off as your own
-making wacky, zany things happen that fly in the face of decades of continuity, in a childishly insulting way (like having a brand new character show off his power by punching God, and making him say 'ouchie-wowie')

Loebometrics.

Seriously.

Its a rule - like the one about eating food that fell on the floor. Or the one that says if you find one of those old machines with the loop of filthy cotton towel in a mall rest room, its OK to use, but only on your face and/or tongue

I nominate for PotD

Loebometrics.

Seriously.

I find your ideas intriguing to me and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Latest posts

Back