Ultimates 3 #1-5 discussion [Loeb/Madureira] [spoilers]

Re: Ultimates 3 #1 spoiler/discussion

See, Plungingforward is exactly what I assumed people would feel like.

It relies on you having read the first issues to make any sense of it, then changes everything so it doesn't follow.

I feel I should send this to Marvel:
fail61fu1.jpg

That and upload my idea for GRAND THEFT AMERICA.

VM, where do you get off calling Cap a racist?

He has teh 1940's standards of living and life, but I have not yet to see anything that makes him a racist. Unless there was something I missed where he called Fury some racist names and all... :?

But yeah, this issue was all over the place with no resting. Hawkeye was the best part. Loeb has changed people a lot.

Still, I'm interested. Not loving this, but still interested.

remember the first issue where when cap came back to life? Fury told Cap he was a general but Cap called BS becouse he was Black...of course that has to do more with Steve coming from the 40's.He wasnt that friendly with falcon at first either.

Besides i was kidding.

remember the first issue where when cap came back to life? Fury told Cap he was a general but Cap called BS becouse he was Black...of course that has to do more with Steve coming from the 40's.He wasnt that friendly with falcon at first either.
Cap called BS because the last black person in his time wasn't a high ranked general like Fury. Remember he didn't know the time he was living in, he thought he woke up in 1945 still.

Besides i was kidding.
I'm watching you....

:shifty:

Bummer for those of us that never played the game. So did the suit ditch Eddie in the video game also? Or is it still supposed to be him in there?

Yup.

aperantly he can turn into goo now.

Cap called BS because the last black person in his time wasn't a high ranked general like Fury. Remember he didn't know the time he was living in, he thought he woke up in 1945 still.

Right. I think the line was, "Do your homework next time" or something like that.

It wasn't "black people shouldn't be generals" it was "the highest ranking black man isn't ranked this high"

I wanted to see the Wanda-Vision relationship. Millar opened up a whole range of character possibilities, and Loeb ****ed it up by killing someone for no reason.

I wanted to see the Wanda-Vision relationship. Millar opened up a whole range of character possibilities, and Loeb ****ed it up by killing someone for no reason.

She's most likely going to come back.

But regardless - yes, I really think Scarlet Witch works as a secondary character who seems to be into robots and her brother, but it's kinda in the background and subtle so you don't get creeped out too much.

That said - I did like Cap's, "But they're brother and sister" line. It's funny - though, I thought Pietro threatening to kill Cap for TOUCHING her was idiotically extreme (like Hawkeye turning a gun on Wasp for calling him "Clint" - maybe he thought she called him a ****) and also instead of Cap coming across as "out of time" he came off as "****ing stupid".

Meh - the whole thing fails.

You want 616 is what you want. You're getting mad at because Millar threw in an Easter Egg the first time. It was a forshadowing of events to come. It was a nod to the 616 universe when Wanda was flirting with Vision II. Give it a rest already. And I haven't even read the thing but Wanda being dead right off the bat? Do you guys read the same comic books that have been produced over the past 50 years?

I don't get what you're saying - Wanda being dead: you like or don't like?

I liked it better when it was hinted at but never straight out said.

That way you can take it as what you want to take it as.

Last edited:

Besides i was kidding.

Actually he said that because its a realistic observation and, exact quote, "...you should of done your homework, The highest ranking black man in the army is a Brooklyn-born captain I grew up with" That just proves he isn't racist at all. For someone in the 40's that is an accurate observation.

Last edited:

even though Nighthawk is the best option for who Black Panther is, i got another idea maybe it's Sam Wilson (Falcon) i mean Cap did vouch for him

how come every team nowadays has that mystery guy who nobody know's who he is? Ronin, Mutant X, AC's "Savior", Night Thrasher, Ultimate Ronin, Ronin 2, Prince of Orphans

I'm getting tired of guessing who people are!

even though Nighthawk is the best option for who Black Panther is, i got another idea maybe it's Sam Wilson (Falcon) i mean Cap did vouch for him

how come every team nowadays has that mystery guy who nobody know's who he is? Ronin, Mutant X, AC's "Savior", Night Thrasher, Ultimate Ronin, Ronin 2, Prince of Orphans

I'm getting tired of guessing who people are!
No one told you? That's the next event. About mysterious people.

They're all Skrulls.

Latest posts

Back