Ultimates 3 #1-5 discussion [Loeb/Madureira] [spoilers]

Re: Atop the Forth Wall is going to review Ultimates Vol. 3

This might be interesting. I was in stitches over his WARRIOR review, although he made that with Spoony.

Re: Atop the Forth Wall is going to review Ultimates Vol. 3

This might be interesting. I was in stitches over his WARRIOR review, although he made that with Spoony.

Yeah, I like his reviews, especially Superman at Earth's End. Its going to be a 3 episodes review, like the reviews for such crap as Countdown, Amazons Attack and the Silent Hill comics. Those are more in depth.

Of course I will post these episodes here as they come up.

Last edited:
I quite liked some of that. But all it did was scratch the surface of the sheer incomprehensibility of it all.

TWO SECOND AGO...

I quite liked some of that. But all it did was scratch the surface of the sheer incomprehensibility of it all.
TWO SECOND AGO...

I Agree. I still havent gotten over the fact that they beat up Spider-man for no reason whatsoever. WHY DID THEY DO THAT!??!?! AARGHARHGARHGARARHARAARAR

I Agree. I still havent gotten over the fact that they beat up Spider-man for no reason whatsoever. WHY DID THEY DO THAT!??!?! AARGHARHGARHGARARHARAARAR

I don' thinkt that was his best review, I have seen better from him, its okay compared to some of the others, usually when its a 3 parter he saves the best rants for the last part, like he did with the Countdown review. I did like when he shot at Little Kuriboh when saying hello. Anyway I will post the others when they come out.

Last edited:

TWO SECOND AGO...

This guy isn't as big a fan of the Ultimate Universe as we were. He's not going to go over every little detail. To him, it's a bad comic. To us, it's a monument of crap to something that was once good.

The kneecap thing was hilarious.

I don' thinkt that was his best review, I have seen better from him, its okay compared to some of the others, usually when its a 3 parter he saves the best rants for the last part, like he did with the Countdown review. I did like when he shot at Little Kuriboh when saying hello. Anyway I will post the others when they come out.

I find it funny how Little Kuriboh is in everything these days. The guy is everywhere! I love yu-gi-oh abridged, even though I never watched the original cartoon.

This guy isn't as big a fan of the Ultimate Universe as we were. He's not going to go over every little detail. To him, it's a bad comic. To us, it's a monument of crap to something that was once good.

True. True. He did notice that caps costume repared itsself in a single panel. When I read it I was so consumed by blind rage I never noticed.

Last edited:
But! He didn't notice that a couple of panels later... it's torn up again!

Apparently, the colorist had to "fix" a lot of Joe Mad's art. His costumes were inconsistent and his pencils weren't always finished. From what I here, that guy had to do a lot of work.

What I didn't like in the review was him bashing the UU, saying that it's conception was stupid and that it wouldn't get new readers into comics.

It got me into comics. Which got me here, and then started to read BETTER comics.

The guy's voice is kinda annoying. (Tim Sah-lay? It's SALE as in "This book is for SALE") And while he may be somewhat wrong on the UU's ability to get new readers, he was remarkably fair and clear on pointing out that he doesn't like the universe, and that while it may be good, he doesn't like it because it's simply not his cup of tea. Which is fair.

What I didn't like in the review was him bashing the UU, saying that it's conception was stupid and that it wouldn't get new readers into comics.

It got me into comics. Which got me here, and then started to read BETTER comics.

Same here.

Me too. Also, that guys voice was so grating I couldn't watch the whole thing.

Me too (actually got me back into comics because I had stopped reading them) and if it hadn't been for that I wouldn't have created this site.

Me too (actually got me back into comics because I had stopped reading them) and if it hadn't been for that I wouldn't have created this site.

This is true for many people. On this point, that guy is demonstrably wrong.

His episode 3 and 4 review is funny. Especially the violin moment!

Last edited:

for me, the USM video game introduced me to USM comics, which pulled me into comics in general.

Latest posts

Back