Ultimates 3 #1-5 discussion [Loeb/Madureira] [spoilers]

Well, I just read #5 last night, then went back and read the whole series because I forgot what happened. And it truly was horrible.

But here's the thing - I actually thought the basic plot - again, in basic terms - was a pretty cool idea. I'm talking about Scarlet Witch (unknowingly?) using her power to screw with Ultron's programming and making him become obsessed with her. That's a cool idea and a neat twist on their previous (616) relationship.

The Ultron-created Ultimates was a retarded idea, and having Doom behind everything was even worse. The dialogue throughout was TERRIBLE. And most (all?) of the finer plot points were terrible (I still don't understand why he would make a fake Venom; that makes no sense). I hate the idea of Valkyrie having powers, and having her be a "love interest" of Thor's. Jan leading the team makes no sense.

I could go on and on but the point is that in the end, it turns out that Loeb had a decent idea and he butchered it. Sad.

But here's the thing - I actually thought the basic plot - again, in basic terms - was a pretty cool idea. I'm talking about Scarlet Witch (unknowingly?) using her power to screw with Ultron's programming and making him become obsessed with her. That's a cool idea and a neat twist on their previous (616) relationship.

I don't get how that's even cool.

You know, it's sad that this title has fallen so far that I barely noticed when Quicksilver appeared to die. To think, thats a character that had one of the most awesome moments of Ultimates 2 (killing Hurricane) and now I didn't bat an eyelid.

Loeb. You have killed a small part of my soul.

You know, it's sad that this title has fallen so far that I barely noticed when Quicksilver appeared to die. To think, thats a character that had one of the most awesome moments of Ultimates 2 (killing Hurricane) and now I didn't bat an eyelid.

Loeb. You have killed a small part of my soul.

Bear in mind, that Quicksilver dies by running so fast he's able to get in front of a projectile headed to someone else.

Let's ignore the fact that in this same series, four issues previous, he was able to do the same and actually CATCH IT WITH HIS HAND. And the projectile in question was a bullet. Fired from a super gun. Designed to match onto someone's DNA.

And here, he's just fast enough to die in front of a crossbow bolt.

They noticed the symmetry. It was intended. Hence the "Bang" panel. Why did no one notice that Quicksilver could've ****ing CAUGHT IT?!

Bear in mind, that Quicksilver dies by running so fast he's able to get in front of a projectile headed to someone else.

Let's ignore the fact that in this same series, four issues previous, he was able to do the same and actually CATCH IT WITH HIS HAND. And the projectile in question was a bullet. Fired from a super gun. Designed to match onto someone's DNA.

And here, he's just fast enough to die in front of a crossbow bolt.

They noticed the symmetry. It was intended. Hence the "Bang" panel. Why did no one notice that Quicksilver could've ****ing CAUGHT IT?!

Srsly. You won't catch the Flash geting shot with a crossbow. Lame.

Srsly. You won't catch the Flash geting shot with a crossbow. Lame.

Not really fair, the flash is significantly faster than quicksilver, especially Ultimate Quicksilver. That being said... It's still stupid

I really think Loeb is going to say that Quicksilver killed himself. He died on purpose. I find Loeb tends to screw stuff up, and then attempt to fix things in the next issue (usually with no success).

I just bought the hardcover edition today (for my ultimate collection)

I almost forgot how pathetic and moronic this series was. Can't wait for Millar's UA.

Latest posts

Back