Ultimatum series discussion [spoilers]

This hasn't finished yet? Is it being released tediously slow, or does it just feel that way?

My guess is because Ultimate X-Men #100 got delayed this issue of Ultimatum got delayed. You know... cause they didn't want to spoil anything. :roll:

Last edited:
I didn't have any high hopes for this but a 3 month delay and this is what the world is given? I know it's Loeb but why destroy the Savage Land that he created!?!? If Longshot were by his side couldn't his powers work in Mag's favor iwhen his plan is foiled?

Ugh, I'm so disgusted at how the UU has turned out. Even if most if not all the characters are revived what will the point have been besides a reboot?

I didn't have any high hopes for this but a 3 month delay and this is what the world is given? I know it's Loeb but why destroy the Savage Land that he created!?!? If Longshot were by his side couldn't his powers work in Mag's favor iwhen his plan is foiled?

Ugh, I'm so disgusted at how the UU has turned out. Even if most if not all the characters are revived what will the point have been besides a reboot?

maybe it's a metaphor on all the green they'll be losing in the coming months.

Why is everybody dying?

the problem with the UU is not a glut of characters, it's incompetent writing and editing.

I ****ing hate Loeb

Everything would have been fine if they had just kept Millar and Ellis on writing chores. It all started to go downhill when other writers began jumping in.

Not the solution, they would have wanted to move after a while anyway. There are good comic writers besides those two: Dan Slott, Geoff Johns, Ed Brubaker, Paul Dini, BKV, Grant Morrison, etc. Anyone of those people could have been been hired instead and given the UU a fresh coat of paint, but instead they hired Loeb.

Not the solution, they would have wanted to move after a while anyway. There are good comic writers besides those two: Dan Slott, Geoff Johns, Ed Brubaker, Paul Dini, BKV, Grant Morrison, etc. Anyone of those people could have been been hired instead and given the UU a fresh coat of paint, but instead they hired Loeb.

Dan Slott would have been a good idea. But BKV seems to have left comics for television (and prefers working on personal projects anyway). Morrison, Dini, and Johns are pretty tightly tied to DC these days. But Brubaker would have been an interesting fit, as would Fraction, and those guys have experience working together.

I think they need to follow a step from what DC's been doing recently (with 52 and the new take on the Superman and Batman books). Get two or three smart writers who work well together in a cohesive universe, and slide in one or two up-and-comers who could fill out the rest of the line, and learn from the pros in the process. Fraction and Bru would have been a great starting point for that, maybe with Slott thrown in the mix.

Last edited:
It scares me that this thread has 19 pages of discussion, even if most of that discussion is talking about how had Loeb is...

I did like the following comment from the IGN review:

Ultimatum is so bad it gives me the runs.

:lol:

Latest posts

Back