Uncanny X-Men series discussion (Spoilers!)

he's consistantly left off covers when the DA guest appear

He's the DA's equivalent to Iron Fist's turn as a New Avenger, there because of fan demand and the writer has no idea what to do with him.

he's consistantly left off covers when the DA guest appear

He's the DA's equivalent to Iron Fist's turn as a New Avenger, there because of fan demand and the writer has no idea what to do with him.

I think the only author (including Bendis) that has done anything with him is Fred Van Lente in his Savage She-Hulk mini series.

Speaking of Marvel Boy, does anyone else think that everybody's been kinda ignoring him?

Yep. And Sentry is barely used as well. If they (and by "they" I mean mostly Bendis) can't use one super-powered being of that nature correctly what made them (him) think they (he) could use two?

This just in! I love this variant cover of the next issue by Mark Brooks

Uncanny522cover_02.jpg

I like the idea of Magneto bringing giant space bullet Kitty back to earth.

I like the idea of Magneto bringing giant space bullet Kitty back to earth.
That was great to find out. It would have been even better if they hadn't revealed Kitty was coming back the following issue in the solicits. Would've made an even bigger surprise.

Bleeding Cool has a post on the return of Kitty

And this from the forums there:

While I've only glanced through the book on the stands, having dropped all the X-books back when Chuckles Austen and Grant Morrison ****ed the books up beyond repair, from what I've gathered Whedon's disposal of Kitty was not that well received amongst the Marvel Bullpen nor the X-zombies after it was all said and done. It may have looked good in the proposal, but after it was put to paper and ink it became obvious that getting rid of Kitty like that was a pretty chicken**** way to treat a very popular character. Add to this the fact that Whedon's no longer on the book, and arguably wrote that story more as a "**** you" to the fans, and it becomes obvious that the new writing team simply chose to correct a mistake much in the same way a pre-Hack Pack Mark Waid and the late, great Mark Wieringo corrected John Byrne's greatest ****up by bringing Valeria back as Reed & Sue's real daughter.

I like how they write that as if editorial was all like, "****! He wrote that and now we can't do anything about it! WTF, WHEDON!!"

Latest posts

Back