Warren Ellis Is In This Thread, Rubbing Himself On Your Face

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
He's a great writer, and he has a lot of interesting projects out, so many, it's hard to keep track of.

Am I missing any?

Desoltion Jones
Fell
Jack Cross
Ultimate Extinction
Nextwave
Down
Planetary
newuniversal

Re: Warren Ellis

Black Gas, his take on Zombies by Avatar.

I gurantee theres more. It seems to be raining ellis lately...

Baxter said:
Black Gas, his take on Zombies by Avatar.

I gurantee theres more. It seems to be raining ellis lately...
I once opened an Avatar comic by Warren Ellis and it sprayed my face with some white sticky stuff. That was weird.

ourchair said:
I once opened an Avatar comic by Warren Ellis and it sprayed my face with some white sticky stuff. That was weird.

:lol:

Who's doing the art for Blackgas? It looks interesting.

"Sometimes, there's just got to be zombies."

Px2, I think the Apparat Second Wave is also scheduled on his plate of upcoming projects, but I haven't really kept up on the details. Suffice it to say that Apparat is awesome. Go pick up Apparat: Frankie Ironwine and Apparat: Quit City

Suffice it to say that Apparat is awesome. Go pick up Apparat: Frankie Ironwine and Apparat: Quit City

would have to agree with ourchair. i especially liked Frankie Ironwine.

Some comic blog was complaining that Quit City was a ripoff of Sin City, and another guy asked why, and the guy replied with, "They've both got city in their name."

ourchair said:
Oooooo....Ellis spooge. You should of sold it on Ebay.

1 Year Later:

ELLIS: *reading letter* "...So if you don't pay for your Phillipino love child, I will be forced to take you to court."

ProjectX2 said:
Some comic blog was complaining that Quit City was a ripoff of Sin City, and another guy asked why, and the guy replied with, "They've both got city in their name."
I heard about that one. What a maroon.

moonmaster said:
Oooooo....Ellis spooge. You should of sold it on Ebay.
It was too tasty. I couldn't leave some over for that.

Next Wave! This is going to be the best comic ever!

ProjectX2 said:
Next Wave! This is going to be the best comic ever!
Yes.

ATTENTION SCUM!! It's a special issue of NEXTWAVE. The characters learn the values of compassion, kindness and 5-megaton nuclear weapons! KABOOOOMM!!!! Forget about compassion and kindness, NEXTWAVE #3 has dirty cops, giant deranged robots, enormous guns and schoolchildren! Pulitzer Prize, HERE WE COME!!!
Best solicitation ever.

I figured this thread doesn't really have a point, so why not just convert it into a general interest Warren Ellis thread?

This crazy freak is all over the place, with a myspace account, a mailing list, a message board, a blog, comics, interviews, all in his silly deluded mission to become the 'mind-controlling Internet Jesus', so I think it'd just be fun to just quote him once in a while:

From his blog:
Warren Ellis said:
what happened to the time when the marketing of a movie made it clear that if you didn't see it you would die alone and unloved? With 200 films released per year, of course it's hard to sell one well. But it's kind of supposed to be, isn't it? I've seen so many trailers this year that appeared just kind of desultorily slapped together. If you're spending the sort of money on making a film that could cover the cost of sending a probe to Mars, it's just not right to look down at the ground, kick your heels and mutter that you've got this little movie that I might like to see. I mean, jesus, if you're going to be capitalist running dogs, act like it. Bark and bare your teeth and jump up in people's faces. When's the last time you saw a trailer, or even a poster, that made you feel that if you didn't see the movie an essential part of you would wither and die?

We're all children when we go into the cinema. The actors stand four times our height and speak louder than we can. We hand over our cash to be told terrible and wonderful things, and to see all kinds of magic.

Is it just possible that some of us skip the cinema and buy films on DVD not only for the convenience and replay, but also because the films of today seem not to deserve to be bigger than us?

GMaster said:
He's good, but he's no Alan Moore. Stop orgasming over him. Go orgasm over Alan Moore.
Please. I can assure you that I am NOT a Warren Ellis worshipping doodyhead or any of the other ***-kissing sad sacks in his self-feeding cult of personality.

Nevermind the fact that I've already written many a snarky remark on this board pointing out how pretentious he is. Compound and I probably spend more time poking irreverent fun at Warren than we do in actually reading his comics.

But if you must have it on record here --- he's certainly done lazy writing, hack work and has a whole crate load of egocentric self-righteousness permeating from his online musings.

I mean, just take a look at this:
Warren Ellis said:
Back in the 80s and 90s, back when most of you were being born or learning how to have sex and take drugs (and a few of you were doubtless deciding you wanted nothing to do with either), we had a thing called The Future. You don't see it much anymore. Western ]ociety has gotten very good at selling the Long Now -- in some places, also called Heightened Alert -- and relativising the concept of Tomorrow out of existence. At least part of my job is to create outbreaks of The Future. I take in as much information as I can in order to divine the shape of possible tomorrows. From the broad spectrum of news and theory right down to the small ways individuals mess around with the cultural aesthetic."
Partly true, I'll admit, but goddamn arrogant I tell you.

Last edited:

That's it. All of you stop worshipping Warren Ellis AND Alan Moore. The two of them are **** compared to the power of...

nitejpg4ni.jpg

Doc Comic said:
That's it. All of you stop worshipping Warren Ellis AND Alan Moore. The two of them are **** compared to the power of...

nitejpg4ni.jpg

oh my GOD. the HAIR. :shock:

*runs away screaming*

Latest posts

Back