I wish I had the money to visit the comic shop.

That brings me to my only real complaint about this: the price. It's $3.99. That's expensive for 12 1-page stories.

But if there exists a comic that is worth $4 an issue, it's this. And when you look at the books Marvel is putting out at $4, it's laughable by comparison.

I picked it up. I've only looked at it. I ****ing love it. I've only read the Teen Titans one, and I'm kinda thinking of waiting until all 12 are out. Not sure. but every page was delightful, so I'm ecstatic.

Don't wait. The stories are written for this format, to be read weekly.

That brings me to my only real complaint about this: the price. It's $3.99. That's expensive for 12 1-page stories.

But if there exists a comic that is worth $4 an issue, it's this. And when you look at the books Marvel is putting out at $4, it's laughable by comparison.

Honestly the price point doesn't bother me at all. I feel like that talent in that format is absolutely worth it. I just can't afford to start picking it up until I get a job.

So should I buy them now or wait for a collection?

I'd be worried about how well the format is going to translate into a collection. I imagine they could do something really slick with an over-sized trade, but it will probably be expensive.

Last edited:
I'd be worried about how well the format is going to translate into a collection. I imagine they could do something really slick with an over-sized trade, but it will probably be expensive.

I thought the same thing. I'm not sure if there is a way to do it without drastically altering it. And if you do that you lose the "experience" part of it.

I read mine last night and it was so much fun.

Gaiman and Allred's Metamorpho was probably my favorite - pure Silver Age/saturday morning cartoon goodness - but the whole thing was really great, particularly all the art. It looks very pretty in that huge format.

My only complaint (besides the price) is that some writer clearly know better how to tell a decent little story in a single page. A few of the stories (the Superman and Supergirl stories come to mind) felt more like the first page of a multi-page story and not the first chapter of a multi-part series. The Wonder Woman story went in the opposite direction, packing so much into one page that I found it difficult to tell what was going on in panels or to read dialogue. Minor complaints though.

Some were great, some were poor. But they were all fun.

I prefer the ones that took advantage of the format - Metamorpho, Flash - instead of the ones that just used their page the same way they would use a normal comic page.

I'm just glad DC are experimenting with the comic book format. There's a lot of potential here.

I felt like I should have laid down on the floor and really spread this out to read it. Honestly, I might do that tomorrow. Some, like kamandi and The Flash were grweat. Superman was less so. Overall I think this should be a pretty big sucess. Its attractive, acessible, and unique. All they need to do is get it out to the public more. If people have acess to it they will buy it.

I like the Metal Men one, which gave me an extra chuckle when you realize that even though Doc Magnus built Platinum to be in love with him, he totally blows her off all the time.

I like the Metal Men one, which gave me an extra chuckle when you realize that even though Doc Magnus built Platinum to be in love with him, he totally blows her off all the time.

You should read the Metal Men mini they had awhile back based off Morrison's concepts. They had Death Metal Men.

Last edited:
Just picked up 1 and 2 this week.

I hereby declare Wednesday Comics to be the greatest bathroom read ever.

Week 2

Kamandi continues to be the best of the bunch. Its like Prince Valiant but with talking animals. I'm all for it.

I didn't read Wonder Woman. When I saw it was the same mess of a read as last week I just skipped it.

Metamorpho was a bit of a let down. Not enough use of the space there. I did enjoy the little bit at the bottom tho. More of that.

Flash/Iris West was cool. The idea of Barry accidentally traveling back in time then trying to stop himself from seeing the Dear John letter is a great one. Very fun.

Superman was... Off. Batman didn't read like he was Batman. I could see Wally West saying that kind of thing. Super-Prozac? it just doesn't jive.

Metal men was fun, as was Supergirl.

And Adam Strange is great. If Kamandi is Prince Valiant then Adam Strange is The Phantom.

Keep it up DC.

Metamorpho was a bit disappointing this week (it was mainly the same as last week) but Flash, Kamandi and Adam Strange continue to be great. The rest are either average (Metal Men, Catwoman and the Demon, Hawkman, Deadman, Batman, Green Lantern) or poor (Superman, Supergirl, Teen Titans). Wonder Woman is a mess and I don't even bother reading it. Good effort from the artist but he's not suitable for this kind of thing (there's like 64 panels in the next part, apparently).

Last edited:
You see I don't know why they keep trying to pull off the Trinity in this one cause they don't work at this pace of format. This is much better suited for the lesser known characters. (Hawkman, Metal Men, Metamorpho, Kamandi, Adam Strange, Green Lantern, and Flash) are all great.

You see I don't know why they keep trying to pull off the Trinity in this one cause they don't work at this pace of format. This is much better suited for the lesser known characters. (Hawkman, Metal Men, Metamorpho, Kamandi, Adam Strange, Green Lantern, and Flash) are all great.

Because they want it to sell.

Latest posts

Back