Wizard announces Jeph Loeb and Joe Madureira on Ultimates 3

:evil:
icemastertron said:
Maybe people shouldn't freak out so much and wait until we see something for this, to than freak out like crazy if there is something to freak out about than.

I DID see something. I've seen the direction Joe wants to take the character designs. It pissed me off just a smidgeon. :evil:

icemastertron said:
Maybe people shouldn't freak out so much and wait until we see something for this, to than freak out like crazy if there is something to freak out about than.

Who's freaking out?

Besides, thats the normal cynical/pessimistic response from comic fans. We're a bunch of sad, lonely, angry losers, so its to be expected.

icemastertron said:
The artwork is enough to freak out about. The idea that they will be returning to the original costumes is enough to freak out about, the idea that it's going to be more of an action comic is enough to freak out about.

These are three things that I'm dead against.

Watch me freak... :panic: :scared:

DIrishB said:
Who's freaking out?

Besides, thats the normal cynical/pessimistic response from comic fans. We're a bunch of sad, lonely, angry losers, so its to be expected.
Lynx, for example.

Guijllons said:
The artwork is enough to freak out about. The idea that they will be returning to the original costumes is enough to freak out about, the idea that it's going to be more of an action comic is enough to freak out about.

These are three things that I'm dead against.

Watch me freak... :panic: :scared:
Im talking about the designs for the issue. If someone already has them, could they post it? Cuz I want to see the "wings" and all that if its true. Because if no one has seen them, I dont see why theres need to freak out like crazy over something you havent seen yet. You read something, think its one thing, but could end up being another. Thats why I said theres no need to freak out like crazy over something you havent seen yet.

icemastertron said:
Lynx, for example.

Im talking about the designs for the issue. If someone already has them, could they post it? Cuz I want to see the "wings" and all that if its true. Because if no one has seen them, I dont see why theres need to freak out like crazy over something you havent seen yet. You read something, think its one thing, but could end up being another. Thats why I said theres no need to freak out like crazy over something you havent seen yet.

I forgot to mention us comic fans are also very presumptuous.

Guijllons said:
Thing is, I think 90%(or more) of comics are crap. The Ultimate line was supposed to be something special. This line up looks.. average.

See also:USM,USix,UTU and UAd

Johnny Bravo said:
See also:USM,USix,UTU and UAd
As much as I knock USM, it's still above the standard crop of marvel comics, and I liked U6. Team-up, well, that was ****e, they didn't know what they were doing yet, it took Millar to come along and really straighten it out.

And never read Ultimate Adventures.

I just think they're trading on the name of a good book.

Guijllons said:
Thing is, I think 90%(or more) of comics are crap. The Ultimate line was supposed to be something special. This line up looks.. average.

I agree, which is why I only read a select few comics. Being a completist, and not being able to comprehend the many years of previous continuity in both Marvel and DC, I never got into their books...which is why the Ultimate line was a perfect start for me. I also tend to read more independent books, like Walking Dead, etc. And the occasionl movie tie-in to a film I like. Other than that, I'm not one of those people who pick up 30 or so books every week.

I haven't seen anything except what Mad said. Saying he's going back to the traditional costumes is enough to have me VERY concerned for where the book is going. You're right Ice. I shouldn't be freaking out when I haven't seen the sketches. But, when the man says he's going to steer back towards the traditional costumes when that's not the point of the Ultimates, it isn't a good sign.

I'm in the same mind set as DIrish and Guji. I think most comics are drivel. And I ABHOR doing homework on continuity. The Ultiverse was good because I got in on ground level, and now I own it all. Same goes for the Supremeverse and the All Star comics. The ONLY other comics I get are New Avengers, Batman/Superman (Because they are the PRIME 616 and DCU comics, IMO) and creator owned stuff like Preacher and Fables.

As for where I got what I saw. Millarworld, "Jeph Loeb and Joe Mad on Ultimates?" thread in the Industry News and Rumors section. Page 13 or 14. I'd link directly but the computer I'm on at work is a tricky bugger.

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
Yeah, it wasn't my favorite Ultimate title, but it was a pretty decent read. Its supposed to be a bit ridiculous and tongue-in-cheek, a parody if you will of Batman and Robin.
That's EXACTLY what it was meant to be.

But let's not keep straying off topic. Back to "freaking out like crazy".

Guijllons said:
Someone says there that it's worse than the book getting cancelled.

It is.

If they had just left it there with issue 12 I would be a happy bunny.

I somewhat agree, somewhat don't. I'll hold judgement till I get the book in my hands and get a chance to read it, but from the developments we've heard, its not looking too rosy.

DIrishB said:
I somewhat agree, somewhat don't. I'll hold judgement till I get the book in my hands and get a chance to read it, but from the developments we've heard, its not looking too rosy.
DB, just think how much a classic Marvel writer is going to **** up your continuity.

Latest posts

Back