Wizard announces Jeph Loeb and Joe Madureira on Ultimates 3

icemastertron said:
How the hell is it going to be messed with? :sure:

Loeb pretty much uses his own continuity and his alone. It's a trademark of the guy. Another trademark is that he still thinks it's the Silver Age.

meh... This makes me nervous.

Jeph Loeb can be good, but he can also be really crappy.

I'll wait to judge until we have something more in terms of plot or art...

Your all trying to compare it to the previous series. You just can't do that. As I said, comparing these two teams would be like comparing Beethoven and Death Metal. It's just not right. Wait till you actually see something about it before you start blasting the book.

GMaster said:
Your all trying to compare it to the previous series. You just can't do that. As I said, comparing these two teams would be like comparing Beethoven and Death Metal. It's just not right. Wait till you actually see something about it before you start blasting the book.
*Claps Hands and whistles*

Thank you. Someone who knows!

(No offense to others).

icemastertron said:
*Claps Hands and whistles*

Thank you. Someone who knows!

(No offense to others).

Hey, I wasn't passing judgement till I heard the news that they're trying to make it more like 616 in terms of costume and tone. This could still be a novel approach, but its definitly worrying in that this sounds like a major departure from the previous Ultimates series.

GMaster said:
Nah, that's crap.
I was all for a change. A change of creative team way as well be a change in how the book works.
The problem here is that they didn't change a very talented creative team for another one of the same caliber.

I can handle the Ultimates without the political bent, or the realism of the artwork, but what I don't see the point of is hiring an inferior team to the previous pairing.

Guijllons said:
Nah, that's crap.
I was all for a change. A change of creative team way as well be a change in how the book works.
The problem here is that they didn't change a very talented creative team for another one of the same caliber.

I can handle the Ultimates without the political bent, or the realism of the artwork, but what I don't see the point of is hiring an inferior team to the previous pairing.

Ditto. What I don't get is WHY Marvel Editorial (Specifically Joey Q) is ALLOWING the book to essentially be 616 Avengers. Not Ultimate Avengers (Which would be cool), but freaking 616!? We had FIVE HUNDRED ISSUES of them. Why do we need more!?

Lynx said:
Ditto. What I don't get is WHY Marvel Editorial (Specifically Joey Q) is ALLOWING the book to essentially be 616 Avengers. Not Ultimate Avengers (Which would be cool), but freaking 616!? We had FIVE HUNDRED ISSUES of them. Why do we need more!?

people that are 'important' THINK thats what comic readers want

nigma said:
people that are 'important' THINK thats what comic readers want
And after Millar had his big thing about making mature comics that filter down to younger siblings too.

Well, at least we still have supreme power.
Yeah, I know :(

You guys need to chill.... There is no preview yet, you don't know the way they will take the Ultimates, don't try to guess it, you guys will have a headache...

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
You guys need to chill.... There is no preview yet, you don't know the way they will take the Ultimates, don't try to guess it, you guys will have a headache...
Ok, you're an employer.

Do you hire a guy that is crap but will bring you a lot of money but potentially ruin the reputation of one of your brands, or do you hire someone that will strengthen the brand?

Guijllons said:
Ok, you're an employer.

Do you hire a guy that is crap but will bring you a lot of money but potentially ruin the reputation of one of your brands, or do you hire someone that will strengthen the brand?
You're asking an opinion question. You may think he's crap, but not others. The others will think he's great, which is the reason they went with the person/people in the first place.

It's really an unfair question to ask. Of course people will say they want someone to strengthen the brand. But again, though you may not belive certain people will do that, others will.

Latest posts

Back