Wolverine - series discussion (spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
Here's an interesting take on Logan, that I agree with. Thought I should share it.

i agree, but then i disagree, i think it depends on who the writer is...sometimes writers who dont know what to do with wolvie just throw him into the action scenes just cause they know it will sell...if youve followed the sales charts on x-men in the 90s, you will notice sales went down when wolverine wasnt featured...the exception being when his adamantium was removed and sabretooth filling in...

of course, once fans got tired of him, sales dipped again.

Joe Fridays #28

NRAMA: "Give me a Red"... sounds like a new advertising campaign for Red Bull...or the return of a character. Any additional ideas what it has to do with Marvel?

JQ- Now Matt, you know better than that, what character utter those lines many years ago?

NRAMA: Nuke from Daredevil: Born Again, so there. Anything to add to that?

JQ- Absolutely nothing. I just thought I'd bring it up for the heck of it! In all seriousness, could a character like that show up as something out of someone's past? Perhaps someone who's slowly learning about his…

Ah, I've said too much.
I'm guessing he means Wolverine.

compound said:
I'm willing to bet that the "past" he remembers is mixe dup with the altered history of HoM that never happened, as a result of the second reality warp. Daniel Way doesn't want his elaborately-plotted back-story for HoM Wolvie to go to waste, so now he's saddling him with even more fake memories than before, by adding ideas about a past that never took place in this timeline.
Now THAT sounds like some good Wolverine right there.

Especially since they've been going off the stuff he does remember for like 20 years. I'm ready to see some American Revolution battles.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm thinking the past he remembers is finally his own. Joe Q pretty much stated there was no ****ing around anymore. And I imagine there's plenty of storytelling to be told now that he remembers so it should cover Wolverine for a good while.
Exactly. He remembers EVERYTHING. From everything we found out in Origin, and the implants. And with how EVERYONE who messed with him (U.S., Weapon X, Canadian government, etc.) knowing he knows, well...that sure is gonna stir things up even more.

Apparently, Risso let it loose that he was working on a Wolverine project with BKV. BKV confirmed on his site that he was working with this artist. It has been speculated that they will be working on Wolverine after Way's run.

ProjectX2 said:
Apparently, Risso let it loose that he was working on a Wolverine project with BKV. BKV confirmed on his site that he was working with this artist. It has been speculated that they will be working on Wolverine after Way's run.
That would be GREAT!

:rockon:

TheManWithoutFear said:
Nuke's gonna be in Wolverine?! :shock: Yikes! Sweet. :twisted:

And Nuke is?

Way's run is for the forseeable future, so I dunno. Ultimate Wolverine mini?

Patriot Mk2 said:
And Nuke is?

Way's run is for the forseeable future, so I dunno. Ultimate Wolverine mini?

Possibly. I think I'd prefer an Ultimate Wolverine mini.

I believe Nuke was this crazy patriotic soldier guy introduced by Miller in one of his Daredevil stories, who Kingpin sent to kill Daredevil. Am I right?

ProjectX2 said:
Possibly. I think I'd prefer an Ultimate Wolverine mini.

I believe Nuke was this crazy patriotic soldier guy introduced by Miller in one of his Daredevil stories, who Kingpin sent to kill Daredevil. Am I right?
Yeah, he was the supersoldier post Captain America who went all crazy. Captain America guest starred. It's been a while since I read it but it was a pretty cool story. I believe it's incorporated into the Born Again TPB.

So I'm think if it's Nuke, It will tie Wolverine's whole "next supersoldier concept" into it.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Yeah, he was the supersoldier post Captain America who went all crazy. Captain America guest starred. It's been a while since I read it but it was a pretty cool story. I believe it's incorporated into the Born Again TPB.

So I'm think if it's Nuke, It will tie Wolverine's whole "next supersoldier concept" into it.

Yeah, I read that TPB. Captain America, Iron Man and Thor showed up.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Can someone tell me about Elektra? Does she run a sect of The Hand now? In Daredevil they Natasha kept saying she did and I know it spins from Wolverine. So what's her deal?

My bad. At the end of the arc. They metion that she is training her own private army. So she is in charge of the Hand.

Here's what I thought of it all....

The Brotherhood (#1-5)

Rucka's run was okay. I didn't like the cop chick. This was okay.

So This Priest Walks Into This Bar.... (#6)
Great Issue. I like the dialogue between Nightcrawler and Wolverine.

Coyote Crossing (7-11)
This was a good arc. Not bad but not great. I like that the villan was a pregant woman. Wolverine was coming there to kill her. What was he suppose to do then. I did like the ending.

Dream (#12)
I really liked this. A issue instead of Logan's head. I liked the refrence to Origin.

Return Of The Native (#13-19)
Another decent arc. Who is the Native. It seems like their are hundred. Wolverine ripoffs around. I like what he did to Sabertooth.

Enemy Of The State (#20-25)
The start of Millar's run. This is how Wolverine should be done. Ninjas, Elektra, Spies, Superheros. Awesome. Wolverine against the Fantastic Four. The Gorgon was a great villain also. The end with Northstar was sad.

Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D. (#26-31)
Wolverine back on the good side. Watching him cut bloodly path after bloody path. This rocked. I liked the final showdown with the Gorgon.

WW2. (#32)
Millar's final issue. I like this a lot. It was very creepy.

Chasing Ghosts (#33-35)

The House Of M Tiein. This was enjoyable. I liked the changes to Fury and Logan.

The new issue #36. The first part of the year long Origins and Endings. Logan got his memories back. This is going to be a great arc.

Origins is just 5 parts. At first mention, I thought it was going to be 12 parts. But I like that it isn't one huge story arc, but one big story broken down into parts like Millar's MK Spidey run.

Latest posts

Back