Wolverine - series discussion (spoilers)

I'm actually digging this series lately; I never was one of those wolverine fanboys. Wolverine is pretty badass, but then they added this sort of asian motif to him and it really set of his appeal with all of the wrong sort of people. I dunno; I think that he's a cool character though he definitely is an antihero/dark brooding type (well, sort of), and that definitely explains his popularity to a certain extent. Then again, he's usually pretty well written because they put him in the big titles.

The scene in that last issue was great; all of the supersoldier program heads freaking out now that wolverine's memory is back was pretty bomb. I just hope where he goes from here is done logically rather than "Wolverine hunts them down to get REVENGE!!! See his 1337 skillz as he takes down metric ton after metric ton of baddies!"

I really hope they think this through, Wolverine getting his memories back is a HUGE deal, pretty much one of the biggest thing in the Marvel Universe. The plot needs to be so friggin complex and connects with everything involve Weapon X and a bunch random event so perfectly the only word you can muttered after it is "wow". 30 years of wondering, it better be beyond good.

Upcoming cover by Quesada:

Wolverine.jpg

icemastertron said:
I thought he would mean something else. It's like that because it's a metaphor.

He probably does.

From Newsarama:

Newsarama said:
[Update 1: Newsarama has confirmed that writer Stuart Moore (Firestorm) will write a double-sized Wolverine #41 in April, penciled by CP Smith (New Invaders). A "regular" Wolverine creative team has not yet been named.]

So, part 5 of Origins & Endings came out today.

I thought it ended really well and should lead nicely into Origins.

The ending was better than the arc as a whole - a lot of it was mind-numbingly boring.

E said:
So, part 5 of Origins & Endings came out today.

I thought it ended really well and should lead nicely into Origins.

The ending was better than the arc as a whole - a lot of it was mind-numbingly boring.
Same thoughts here.

I pick the series up for my brother, so I read it, too. Ending was cool.

I dont have the issue in front of me, but it was like after a talk with the Winter Soldier about his past, he went back to the place where the Winter Soldier had killed his wife and unborn child, looking for revenge on another set of people he fought, as it seems. One of the guys came and handed him a sword.

This is the sword that can kill Wolverine and keep him dead. This leads directly into Wolverine: Origins #1.

Umm... I kind of didn't like the ending, I found it to be somewhat anti-climactic. I would have really enjoyed a Bucky-beheading, really. Instead I get a long flashback mantra. Don't get me wrong I am a big Wolverine fan and this arc was decent. I just wanted to see some more violence I guess. And I definitely wanted to see the end of Bucky. This issue 2.99/5, the arc gets a 3.25/5 though.

A sword that can kill Wolverine and keep him dead?! That is so stupid.

What did the Winter Soldier do?

Terraneaux said:
I'm actually digging this series lately; I never was one of those wolverine fanboys. Wolverine is pretty badass, but then they added this sort of asian motif to him and it really set of his appeal with all of the wrong sort of people.
I'm sorry I just read this all late and all but, to me, some of the coolest things about Wolverine spin out of that asian connect. And also I guess that makes me one of those wrong sort of people this guy was talking about because I first started reading Wolverine when I was a kid and the whole, Hand/Silver Samurai/Mariko/Japan/Ninja thing was FIRE. So....

Latest posts

Back