Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I think this is a quiet reboot. As to Ice's theory of this being before Wolverine, then why is not only Emma older, but she's no longer Silverfox's sister.

I'm thinking we're going to be getting the Original Five, and Banshee and Emma will be either Erik's minions, or just peripheral villains (remember Banshee and Emma both started as villains).
I said partly before Wolverine.

It could be that part of the movie takes place after Wolverine, which is where Emma would come in. We're supposed to see young Mags/Charles, so I doubt they'll appear when the two meet, but since their also forming each others teams when they start to "break up", we could see Emma as one of the 'original members' after Xavier takes her and the others off the island from what we saw in Wolverine.

Now, this is just all my guessing, of course. Whether or not the studio is smart enough to have it this figured out is something else entirely. :lol:

Or maybe we won't see Magneto as a villain at all. I know, it's unlikely, but it would be refreshing to have an X-Men movie without Magneto as the threat.

And I think Emma Frost and the Hellions would make an interesting nemesis for the fledgling X-Men.
I think the plotline has it so that he isn't the villain, but is basically we're seeing how he became a villain for the other movies.

Last edited:
If it makes money, it will be a reboot.

EDIT: and apparently some surfer named Erica Hosseini auditioned for the part of Willow (who is from X-Nation 2099)

EDIT AGAIN: this is the only image i could find of Willow
108258-89364-willow_thumb.jpg

Why do they shove in characters that no one gives a **** about?

(see: Dominic Monaghan as Chris Bradley in X-Men Origins)

I think the plotline has it so that he isn't the villain, but is basically we're seeing how he became a villain for the other movies.

See, that's what I'd do.

But, I disagree that it's a prequel. I have a suspicion (as do others, apparently) that it's going to be something of a quiet reboot. Ideally it would slowly build to Magneto as a villain in one of the inevitable sequels.

Last edited:
See, that's what I'd do.

But, I disagree that it's a prequel. I have a suspicion (as do others, apparently) that it's going to be something of a quiet reboot. Ideally it would slowly build to Magneto as a villain in one of the inevitable sequels.
That's part of what this is about.

The plot is as follows: "Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto's Brotherhood and Professor X's X-Men."

From that, it's sounding like a prequel, which the producers have stated themselves it is. But this is from the current script draft, since others have been asked to come-in and re-write it, though not differing too much since FOX wants to stay close to what Bryan Singer pitched as the story.

I think this is gonna be really cool. Marvel has learned a lot in the last 10 years, and now they have complete control over their properties with their own studio.

I am really excited about this movie as a lifelong reader of the X-Men, although I must admit I am very behind on the last 5 years or so of comics.

I think this is gonna be really cool. Marvel has learned a lot in the last 10 years, and now they have complete control over their properties with their own studio.

I am really excited about this movie as a lifelong reader of the X-Men, although I must admit I am very behind on the last 5 years or so of comics.

Umm sorry to burst your bubble but Fox still owns X-men, not Marvel and this is just Fox Studios trying to capitalize on the reboot bandwagon while keep x-men franchise alive. And seeing as they are rushing it into production it's not looking so great.

Though I had a dream last night that makes me actually like this idea of this movie, though I still think it won't be great.

Last edited:
Awww no... dude you really did burst my bubble. That sucks... but I'll still keep an open mind. I'm one of the few comic fans who LOVED Wolverine's solo flick, except for Deadpool at the end... that sucked but the rest of it was awesome.

Awww no... dude you really did burst my bubble. That sucks... but I'll still keep an open mind. I'm one of the few comic fans who LOVED Wolverine's solo flick, except for Deadpool at the end... that sucked but the rest of it was awesome.

Yeah. Sorry, dude. X-Men, Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Fantastic Four are still licensed to other studios.

Ice said:
From that, it's sounding like a prequel, which the producers have stated themselves it is. But this is from the current script draft, since others have been asked to come-in and re-write it, though not differing too much since FOX wants to stay close to what Bryan Singer pitched as the story.

laaaaaame

Oh man... yeah. I can't begin to count the ways that movie sucked. Poor Raimi.... he got f'ed by the studio.

I don't know what this thread has become.

CBR:

Quint at Ain't It Cool News hears Aaron Johnson will be Cyclops in the film. Johnson, of course, played Kick-Ass for director Matthew Vaughn. According o AICN, Vaughn has always intended to recast the part, played by Tim Pocock in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."

EDIT:

Nicholas Hoult, Caleb Landry Jones Join X-Men: First Class

Twenty-year-old actors Nicholas Hoult (Skins) and Caleb Landry Jones (Friday Night Lights) will play the Beast and Banshee in Fox's X-Men: First Class. They join James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Alice Eve in the franchise reboot.

Last edited:
Damnit, Kick-Ass as Cyclops? Now they've got two stars from Mark Millar film properties on this movie. Gee Fox, you didn't have to look very far find your cast members, did you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back