X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse (Discussion/Spoilers)

Lithium said:
just wait, in a year we'll all be playing "x-men legends 3:Mojo's world"...

That doesn't sound bad at all... As long as it doesn't take away from the opportunity of other, more cool villains to come along, I'm all for it.

Act III is ridiculously hard.

I can't beat the Core or Infinity Factory.

This sux, cuz i dont want to spend time training anyone.

My usual team is Magneto, Colossus, Cyclops, and Iceman.

AWESOME moment: I just beat Bastion and a bunch of sentinels with ONLY colossus!

Hey, does anyone have the locations for the homing beacons in Acts III and IV? I'm missing them. And I mean exact locations, like what level, and what part of the map. gamefaqs.com didnt help...

Let me just say this... any game that has a combo move that, no matter how hard one tries, you cannot execute ONE of in two minutes, is ill-designed.

And power combos seem a lot, lot harder to hit in this game than in the last one.

Still trying to figure out what's glitching in the fifth level secret area, and why I can't get Iron Man... No hope of getting Professor X since I can't manage the stupid power combos or one of the moves...

jtg3885 said:
Let me just say this... any game that has a combo move that, no matter how hard one tries, you cannot execute ONE of in two minutes, is ill-designed.

And power combos seem a lot, lot harder to hit in this game than in the last one.

Still trying to figure out what's glitching in the fifth level secret area, and why I can't get Iron Man... No hope of getting Professor X since I can't manage the stupid power combos or one of the moves...
Oh my damn that is so true. They said the combos were easier here. Easier my ***. If I got even 1 ANYWHERE, it was a freaking miracle. After trying that session over like, 10 times...I got like 3 combos done.

yeah, what i had to resort to was to throw enemies at my other teammates to get the combos.

I picked up the game... So far so good. In fact, I'm really geeking over it. This is better than the first story-wise. I really like the characters available and love the locations I've currently reached. The graphics in the cut-screens are exemplary. I'm serious. I mistook Beast for someone dressed up.

I've faught Grizzly, Zealot, and Abyss so far... I think I missed my opportunity to fight Deathstrike. I paid her off instead of saying I'd like to fight. I don't really know why, I guess since I figured I didn't have any kind of currency than we'd have to fight.

We have three games saved. My cousin has one, I have one, and we have a joint. I'm still trying to get a feel for it. I'm liking Cyclops, Magneto, Juggernaut, and Bishop. I don't put out fires I just run through them. I'm not anywhere near the first level. I keep getting interrupted because my cousin wants to play and he's pretty bad at it and too impatient to get the things we need/upgrade characters.

GG play now.

I restarted the game just so that I could collect the Ironman pieces and so that I could fight Deathstrike again... The boss battles are really cool in this game, especially Abyss. So far, I'm fighting throught the Temple where they are supposedly keeping Beast. Destiny thinks he'll die. I'll laugh if he does. Anyway, I'm finding this game to be a lot more difficult than the last. I like it that way.

Goodwill said:
I restarted the game just so that I could collect the Ironman pieces and so that I could fight Deathstrike again... The boss battles are really cool in this game, especially Abyss. So far, I'm fighting throught the Temple where they are supposedly keeping Beast. Destiny thinks he'll die. I'll laugh if he does. Anyway, I'm finding this game to be a lot more difficult than the last. I like it that way.

Also, in the Cube version, who are the three unlockable characters?

Are Iron Man pieces hard to find? I only just beat Zealot. I'm taking my time on the game. But I didn't see any Iron-Man pieces.

The game's cool. As good as the last. Like I said my usual team is Cyclops, Juggernaut, Magneto, and Bishop. Juggernaut is insanely strong and awesome to have. I'm looking forward to more of it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Are Iron Man pieces hard to find? I only just beat Zealot. I'm taking my time on the game. But I didn't see any Iron-Man pieces.
Not really. You just have to go everywhere on the map, and you'll find the small homing beacon thingies. That's the way I did it.

So, I'm at the Infinity Factory or whatever now. I took Bishop off and put Toad in. Toad's too ****in' funny not to have around. Most of the dialogue is lame but Toad cracks me up so I have him for entertainment. Magneto's "Magnetic Grasp" power is crazy cool. I dunno if I'll play more tonight but it's a great game.

All right so my cousin came home and he wanted to play so we got to the core level. And... I guess we should've been prepared for Sugarman... he completely kicked our ***'

Something about the game that I think should be fixed. I'm so sick of leveling up and getting one skill point. Then I have to worry about putting it towards an offensive, defensive, or some kind of upgraded skill. There should be seperate pages for some of these powers. Or at least section them off. I am getting good at deciding what powers I want and focusing on upgradeing only the important stuff. My cousin hates how long I take to toy around with it though and he usually just adds the points where ever.

Our team usually consists of Cyclops (Me), Iceman (Him), Juggernaut, and Sunfire.

When I read the OHTMU: AoA, I was pretty pysched about Abyss... but man, what a joke. And I'm not talking about how easy he is. Just a guy a thought would be cooler.

Latest posts

Back