X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse (Discussion/Spoilers)

I'm finding the game to be far more difficult than the last. For some reason, the villains just seem to be stronger... I found my well-developed Juggernaut being taken out by Infinite Soldiers in one hit. No Joke. I've since made some modifications to the team (Seeing as how, if something is difficult, I usually change the team to see if the combination of characters is to blame) but still have not made it past the Factory. I'm really getting frustrated with it, too.

Toad is probably my favorite character to play as. MwoF mentioned that he usually includes him for entertainment... I do the same. I like the way he hops around and his accent is so thick he sounds stupid, which is entertaining. He's not a bad character to play as, either. His Hammer Kick is a pretty good move. I'd say he's a good replacement for Beast, who had similar moves last game (Minus the whole tongue bit).

Ironman pieces are not difficult to find at all. First you'll have to collect the homing beacons, as Ice mentioned, so the secret portal will open at what base of operation you're located in (The Sanctuary, Avalon, Weaon X, etc.)... So far I've collected two parts to the Ironman suit since I've completed two chapters... Inside the portals there are usually just guys to beat up on or switches to hit. Not too big a deal. Hopefully, Ironman is a fourth unlockable character... I wouldn't like it if he was one of the "?" characters already included in the character list.

When do the secret characters become available? I liked the last game where you collected characters as you went along... The fact that you get them all at once isn't that much fun. :) I know that Deadpool will probably become available to use after you beat him, however the other two "?" have me scratching my head.

I didn't exactly know what the "X-Men Legends" games were, But when I found out Deadpool was a playable character, I jumped farther than Toad to get a copy and I'm very happy that I did! I'm personally a big fan of the "Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance" games. When I popped this bad boy in and found that it was just like the "Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance" series, But with some crack laced with X-Men, I found myself addicted!!

I was really bummed when I found out that Archangel wasn't playable, But hopefully Deadpool will be a shining returning character to "X-Men Legends 3"!

My usual team is:
Deadpool
Magneto
Juggernaut
Ice Man

Last edited:
That's why you use colossus, goodwill, instead of juggernaut. when all seems lost, you turn colossus invincible, and then you can't be touched. :-D

Yes, there are only 3 unlockable characters. Deadpool, Prof X, and Iron Man. they wont become unlocked until a least the midle of the last act, but if you start a new game they will be playable from the start.

I totally agree with you, MwoF. I STILL can't get past the Infinite Factory. It may be because I haven't played in three days, but still... I've had enough of that level! ;)

I'm finding the Madri Temple to be extremely annoying. I knew the game would be long because the levels were extremely large, but I didn't know how big... Let me tell you - they are boringly big in this game.

Goodwill said:
I'm finding the Madri Temple to be extremely annoying. I knew the game would be long because the levels were extremely large, but I didn't know how big... Let me tell you - they are boringly big in this game.
Yeah, they annoyed me, too. Took me a long while to get that level done.

I'm now finished with that particular chapter of the game... I'm looking forward to going into New York City. Should be some good fun.

Goodwill said:
I'm now finished with that particular chapter of the game... I'm looking forward to going into New York City. Should be some good fun.

hopfully you won't get the glitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glitch? Are you talking about the game freezing up? That bull**** happened to me a little bit after I beat Deadpool. Now I gotta do all that crap again!

Iceshadow said:
Glitch? Are you talking about the game freezing up? That bull**** happened to me a little bit after I beat Deadpool. Now I gotta do all that crap again!
Yeap, same here. And it kept freezing for me afterwards, too. So I never beat the game.

In the new york level don't fight anybody. after you beat Deadpool get to the exit before it freezes. Then you should be safe. It took me a few tries.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back