Young Avengers/Runaways [Civil War] (speculation and spoilers)

Re: Runaways/Young Avenger [Civil War] (spec)

nigma said:
In this corner coming to us from the east coast are theeeeeeeeeeeee
YOUNG AVENGERS!!!

Hulkling
, the shape shifter, hes royalty, you might get both the Kree and skrull up shooting lasers up your ***.

Kate Bishop-no powers but shes got a mean little tongue with a quick wrist

Patriot-- no powers, but they say he can take charge and hold his ground, but be careful, or he might push you some MGH under the table

Stature-- this young little lady can grow as small as an ant or as big as a plane, and her mother still can't figure out why she comes home ripped cloths.

Thomas Shepherd- this is the speedy guy to the team, hes spent time in juvie....

Vision- shall we say more?

Wiccan- spell caster, but i wouldn't leave any girl near him, cuz next time i her she might be a HE!!!

and in this corner we have coming to us from the west is thheeeeeeee

guy 1:do these guys have a name a team
guy 2:no sir they don't belive in a team name
guy 1:what does the press call them
guy 2:there west coast sir, we don't look at the west coast press
guy 2: you could call them, "the childern of the pride"? but they did kill there own parents so....
guy 1: who cares, that'll work, lets try that from the top

and in this corner we have coming to us from the west is thheeeeeeee
"Childern of the Pride"

Nico Minoru
-spell caster, don't make her mad or you might get a stiletto up the ***

Gertrude Yorkes
- shes got a time traveling dino, go ahead call her barney and see what happens

Chase Stein
- no powers, no guns, but he'll challenge you to a eye starring contest.

Molly Hayes
- superhuman mutant child, wanna she what see can do, go ask wolverine and his black eye.

Victor Mancha
- his father was Ultron!!!!, yours was vision?

Karolina Dean
-alien, engaged, savior of the human race, piss her off and you have the skrull empire up the ace.
Bwuahahahahaha!!!! :lol:

I so wish this is POTD. But knowing Moony....

I want the Runaways to clean the floor with the YA.

Or to give them as food to Old Lace.

from Civil War #1, the Young Avengers were in the Baxter tower for the big 'ol meeting.

nigma said:
from Civil War #1, the Young Avengers were in the Baxter tower for the big 'ol meeting.

Minus Wiccan and Tommy.

ProjectX2 said:
Obviously, it's going to be down to people like Wiccan/Nico and Vision/Victor...

Maybe we'll see Patriot/Chase and Teddy/Molly.

Vision vs. Victor: BROTHER VS. BROTHER!

Teddy vs. Karolina: WHOSE THE BETTER ALIEN?

So from the preview image we saw of Patriot being gunned down by the helicopters are we assuming they're anti-registration too?

I get the feeling both teams will be and this is gonna be a "let's be friends" type of deal :? That sucks...

*ponders* Is Karolina back yet? How come they always gotta get rid of the cool homosexual characters?

*roots for Karolina/Cassie*

EDIT: Oops, just found out she is back. Still rooting for Karolina/Cassie so that Karolina doesn't just disappear again.

Last edited:

Was I the only one who thought Cassie and Kate were going to get together? It seemed hinted at, and then it was entirely dropped.

Maybe I'm stupid. I hope this is good, nonetheless.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Cassie and wha? I thought Cassie was into Iron Lad pre vision.

Yeah, I was talking about it before this.

added in cover 2 for the YA/Runaways civil war.

it looks like there fighting on the WEST COAST!!!!!!!! hell yea!!!! about time we got some good action.

and if they ever make a poster out of these covers, i will be all over them.

a quick bump....any comment on the recent developments in CW #2

nigma said:
a quick bump....any comment on the recent developments in CW #2
Not really. Just this that MIGHT explain my post in the Civil War thread:

CIVIL WAR: YOUNG AVENGERS & RUNAWAYS # 1

COVER BY: JIM CHEUNG
WRITER: ZEB WELLS
PENCILS: STEFANO CASELLI
INKS: STEFANO CASELLI
COLORED BY: TBD - HIGH
LETTERED BY: VC - RANDY GENTILE

THE STORY:
As the public turns against Marvel's heroes, the gears of Civil War threaten to crush Brian K. Vaughan's Runaways. But when Allan Heinberg's Young Avengers offer their assistance, how can the Runaways believe they're on the same side? Don't miss this Civil War tie-in that promises to have lasting repercussions for both popular teams!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

PRICE: 2.99
IN STORES: 2006-07-26

ps. The name of the comic is Young Avengers/Runaways, not Runaways/Young Avenger as in the thread title :p

Ultimate Warrior said:
ps. The name of the comic is Young Avengers/Runaways, not Runaways/Young Avenger as in the thread title :p

i was a runaways fan first, and im a west coast kat....so that makes it RUNAWAYS and Young....Avengers.... HA!

plus if there both going to be on the same side....thats just makes it werid....hope it doesn't turn out like the FCBD one...where Nico starts a fight and everyone jumps in

Last edited:

nigma said:
i was a runaways fan first, and im a west coast kat....so that makes it RUNAWAYS and Young....Avengers.... HA!
:lol:
nigma said:
plus if there both going to be on the same side....thats just makes it werid....hope it doesn't turn out like the FCBD one...where Nice starts a fight and everyone jumps in
Amen!

I mean I love the runaways but if they fight they dont stand a chance.

Molly-she's crazy strong but she tires out mad quick
Sister Grimm- Thing about her is anyone can take her staff and use it. Plus she cant say the same spell twice.
Gert and the raptor(or whatever typed of dinosaur)- In every fight the dinosaur get's taken out first.
Chase- is just the driver

Victor and Karolina are the only real tough ones on the runaways. Plus everytime the runaways go into battle they have no ****ing clue what they're doing (One of the reasons i like em)

The Young Avengers are way more organized, plus they have wiccan who basically make a spell for anything, hulkling who is a really strong shapshifter with wings and if wandas son who is a speedster with gambit type powers joins theres no chance.

runaways is the better book but they have the worst team

The Runaways are much better than the Young Avengers, but it doesn't matter who wins... because I doubt the fight will even be that hardcore.

NEXTWAV -- Uh, I mean MOLLY!

Latest posts

Back