Young Avengers/Runaways [Civil War] (speculation and spoilers)

Re: Runaways/Young Avenger [Civil War] (speculation and spoilers)

I did... and I still can't help but feel that Young Avengers is a complete ripoff of Runaways... :?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Young Avengers is a rip off of Young Justice. Young heros, many with thematic ties to established ones, both teams get thier names from a misunderstanding with a newspaper, both have an android mentor...

I really doubt that Xavin is truly dead.
But, if he is, I'll be mighty dissapointed. I'm actually starting to like him in Dead Means Dead.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Young Avengers is a rip off of Young Justice. Young heros, many with thematic ties to established ones, both teams get thier names from a misunderstanding with a newspaper, both have an android mentor...

Actualy Vision from YA is a new younger vision created from Iron lads armor and he not excly mentoring.

personaly i enjoy YA more...i like Runaways but they come of as whiny brats that ranaway from home to me.....IMO

Actualy Vision from YA is a new younger vision created from Iron lads armor and he not excly mentoring.

personaly i enjoy YA more...i like Runaways but they come of as whiny brats that ranaway from home to me.....IMO

Wow, that sounds like the perfect definition of a runaway. BUt I would runaway too if my parents were EVIL GENIUSES!

So this series isn't... hmph. I'm disappointed.

It's not that it's not good but I don't think I ever want to look forward to a crossover event again. Are they always such a letdown?

Vision fused his arm into Marvel-Boy but it got ripped out and is now sticking out of MB's chest.

I don't know if Xavin's dead. It said he was mortally wounded but that crazy cliche mad-scientist guy took him anyway.

So what happened? They got their asses kicked for the second issue in a row and the Cube director kidnapped the aliens (Karolina, Teddy, a dead Xavin) and Wiccan. He's doing this behind Maria Hill's back too and lied telling her they lost the fight to the teen heroes and were retreating empty handed.

Stature grew and kicked Marvel-Boy a good distance. When he returned to fight, the Cube operatives retrieved him via giant toy crane.

Chase says "It's time to stop being Runaways and start Avenging." - Very cool line but not enough to get me interested.

2.5/5

Chase's line was good...but how much is this really going to effect the main Runaways book if it doesn't get collected in digest? BKV keeps saying that the largest part of the fanbase is made up of the digest collectors.

I really don't like Nico's clothing. It seems to get smaller with each issue.

Taking Tommy and Molly out of the battle was the cheapest thing ever, and apparently Wiccan is on the Civil War titles just to get beated.

2.5/5

Taking Tommy and Molly out of the battle was the cheapest thing ever, and apparently Wiccan is on the Civil War titles just to get beated.

2.5/5
Seriously. I mean we get that Molly's just a kid but they just went off and played together? I mean let's look at Tommy. He's obviously going to be hitting on Karolina or Nico when he gets there not running off goofing around with Molly. I think it was real lame. "what we miss moment." so stupid.

Seriously. I mean we get that Molly's just a kid but they just went off and played together? I mean let's look at Tommy. He's obviously going to be hitting on Karolina or Nico when he gets there not running off goofing around with Molly. I think it was real lame. "what we miss moment." so stupid.

They didn't want 2 speedsters battle in the same week.

I think Tommy was too busy entertaining Molly to know what was going on. All he wants is attention and he sees he's actually making someone smile. And my babies got kidnapped. Teddy and Billy...I miss them :cry:

i love this book it just makes me smile all the way through

runaways :)
+
young avengers :D
+
marvel boy :mrgreen:
=
4.5/5

my bronze pick for the week (gold being ultimates 2 #12 and silver being ulimate spider-man #100)

Last edited:
this was a good set up issue, i like how everything was laid out, well see if everything falls into place or not?

Well, L heard Xavin's death was going to be mentioned in Runaways 20. Sucks, he could gone places.

I forgot where I read it but it was sd that his death would be dealt with in Runaways #20.

he was on the cover of issue 20....But if it does deal with his death, that is if he DID die, then we wont know until the end of 'Dead means Dead'

Latest posts

Back