Avengers Young Avengers series discussion (spoilers)

Super_Human said:
This might sound dumb but I thought Hulking's dad would have been the Hulk,but what the heck do I know?:shock:

Well, there were no clues at first that he was a shape shifter. So don't feel bad.

Although after reading Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #1, Ultimate Hulk seems a lot more likely to be able to father a child. :D

Well... I dropped it. I love this series, but with more of my pull list being tugged twords DC anymore I needed to make room, and fear of having to buy into the Rann Than... Kree-Skrull War II put me out.

Maybe after Millars Ultimate FF run and this whole space event is over I'll pick it up again.

I just read the Mile High Comics showing of YA#1... Captain America really has something against superhero kids running around and saving the day, huh?

He wants to shut down the Young Avengers... and in the Runaways, he frequently is after the team too... Tsk tsk tsk... Even after the kids have shown that they're capable to taking care of themselves...

Anya said:
I just read the Mile High Comics showing of YA#1... Captain America really has something against superhero kids running around and saving the day, huh?

He wants to shut down the Young Avengers... and in the Runaways, he frequently is after the team too... Tsk tsk tsk... Even after the kids have shown that they're capable to taking care of themselves...

Blame it on that clumsy Bucky kid.

Welcome by the way :D

I just dropped YA from my pull list. I love the first 6 issues, but after that, the title seems to have lost all direction. I'll pick it up maybe towards the end of the year, but right now, it feels like it doesn't know which road to take...

Fuzzy Birds said:
Blame it on that clumsy Bucky kid.

Welcome by the way :D

I just dropped YA from my pull list. I love the first 6 issues, but after that, the title seems to have lost all direction. I'll pick it up maybe towards the end of the year, but right now, it feels like it doesn't know which road to take...
Yeah, I'm dropping it until the whole "Annihilation" thing ends.

Patriot Mk2 said:
Yikes with the droppings........I honestly haven't noticed a drop in quality!
Its not the quality, its just that I have absolutely no interest in the "Annihilation" crossover. I'll probably pick up the issues I missed once this story is over.

o_O

I don't think the Kree-Skrull War II will tie into Annihilation...

Where does it say that its a part of that crossover?

Dr.Strangefate said:
o_O

I don't think the Kree-Skrull War II will tie into Annihilation...

Where does it say that its a part of that crossover?
I think they're assuming that since the Skrull appeared in the last issue.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Me neither.

Me either. It's been better the last few issues than it's ever been.

I knew it! I knew Hulking's father was a Kree. I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Still well done though. They actually recruit a new guy who looks exactly like Wiccan - he's a speedster who can destroy nuclear devices or something to that effect - I read through it pretty quickly and will need to re-read.

Hulking is actually a Skrull prince who was sent away by the Skrull leader when it was discovered who his father was. Very Moses-like.

Solid issue - 4/5. This book is getting better with every issue.

Hulkling seems to be the son of Captain Marvel and a Skrull Princess...

That's quite wacky...

It'll get wackier when they try to make Teddy marry someone (either a Kree or a Skrull) to choose a side...

The fact that Wiccan's double seems to be a mini-Quicksilver, I can't help but point out that Wiccan must have a connection to Scarlet Witch other than just her giving him some powers...

Anyone else think we're seeing some Maximoff action here?

4.5/5

Dr.Strangefate said:
Hulkling seems to be the son of Captain Marvel and a Skrull Princess...

That's quite wacky...

It'll get wackier when they try to make Teddy marry someone (either a Kree or a Skrull) to choose a side...

The fact that Wiccan's double seems to be a mini-Quicksilver, I can't help but point out that Wiccan must have a connection to Scarlet Witch other than just her giving him some powers...

Anyone else think we're seeing some Maximoff action here?

4.5/5

Depends what you mean by "action". He could have been a product of House of M; "created" without having been born.

What makes you say the father is Captain Marvel as opposed to a regular Kree?

I think it could go either way, regular Kree or Captain Marvel, but it would be so much of a cooler twist if it was Captain Marvel himself.

UltimateE said:
What makes you say the father is Captain Marvel as opposed to a regular Kree?

First off, because all of the members of the Young Avengers have ties to the regular Avengers...

and because of the line, "Because the year you were born, I abducted the Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and the Kree Captain Mar-vell, hoping to win the emperor's favor... and the hand of his Daughter, Anelle."

And then the Skrull nurse brought him to earth to reunite him with his father...

They mentioned Captain Mar-vell specifically, and he was an Earth-Based Kree soldier, and I can't help but shake the feeling that he is the connection to the Avengers

Dr.Strangefate said:
First off, because all of the members of the Young Avengers have ties to the regular Avengers...

and because of the line, "Because the year you were born, I abducted the Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and the Kree Captain Mar-vell, hoping to win the emperor's favor... and the hand of his Daughter, Anelle."

And then the Skrull nurse brought him to earth to reunite him with his father...

They mentioned Captain Mar-vell specifically, and he was an Earth-Based Kree soldier, and I can't help but shake the feeling that he is the connection to the Avengers

Good points...that would be a lot better than if it was any other Kree.

Latest posts

Back