Avengers Young Avengers series discussion (spoilers)

I don't read this book. Im dead broke, but can someone spoil there origins im interested. :p

Well, Patriot is the grand son of the original, African American, Captain America who appeared in the "Truth" mini series.

Iron Lad is from the future. He is the young man who will one day become Kang the Conqueror, one of the Avengers' greatest villains. He went back in time to prevent himself from becoming Kang and also because Vision had a plan to help the Avengers and it involved forming this group.

Hulking is a shape shifter.

Also, Ant-Man's daughter is in the series and she has powers in which she can grow larger, but we're not sure if she can grow smaller.

Nothing on Asgardian or this Kate girl.

Wow sounds pretty good. Guess I got pick up the trade. Thanks alot

slimjim said:
Wow sounds pretty good. Guess I got pick up the trade. Thanks alot
YOUNG AVENGERS COL 1: SIDEKICKS HC

Written by Allan Heinberg, art by Jim Cheung.

In the wake of Avengers Disassembled, a mysterious new group of teen superheroes appears. But who are they? Where did they come from? And what right do they have to call themelves the Young Avengers?

144 pages, $21.99, in stores Sept. 28.

Here's the info. :D

Nick Kal said:
Well, Patriot is the grand son of the original, African American, Captain America who appeared in the "Truth" mini series.

Iron Lad is from the future. He is the young man who will one day become Kang the Conqueror, one of the Avengers' greatest villains. He went back in time to prevent himself from becoming Kang and also because Vision had a plan to help the Avengers and it involved forming this group.

Hulking is a shape shifter.

Also, Ant-Man's daughter is in the series and she has powers in which she can grow larger, but we're not sure if she can grow smaller.

Nothing on Asgardian or this Kate girl.

Kate Bishop is the girl who helped them at the church in issue #1. She apparently has some skills with weapons.

Asgardian has a variety of powers (electricity generation ("kinda"), some kind of confusion thing, and patriot jokingly (?) asked him to make the door disappear).

Goodwill said:
Really cool idea... I like that one best of all!
Again, he was green when he SHAPESHIFTED. That's not really him. Skrulls are naturally green. Hulkings form as a green super strong guy isn't his real form. So that discounts him out as being a Skrull.

Yeah, If igured that all of the cool ideas would be ruled out. Whoever is writing this has something up his sleeve. ;)

icemastertron said:
Again, he was green when he SHAPESHIFTED. That's not really him. Skrulls are naturally green. Hulkings form as a green super strong guy isn't his real form. So that discounts him out as being a Skrull.
Just because he shapeshifts to something treen doesn't mean he can't be green normally. If he's a shapeshifter, his "normal" appearance could be anything.

Young Avengers #6 Discussion (spoilers)

Well I got the issue today and thought it was pretty good. The new costumes are pretty cool over all though I kinda liked Patriot's full face mask better than the one he ended up with. Its kind of a tragic story as well. I wonder if Kang will show up again in the series to visit them all, and if that will be as evil Kang or Iron Lad more..
I also wonder what part this new Vision is going to play in this series.

I was just about to start a topic on this one.

I enjoyed the ending, and I'm glad to know who Wiccian is now so I don't have to keep expecting another new member. The Asguardian joke was just beggin to be made too, so I'm glad it was in the comic instead of a bunch of 14 year old *******s throwing it up online.

I'm very intrested to see where this is going to go next, and it has my favorite Avenger, The Vision! Yay!

Do be honest, I thought the ending was pretty weak. The rest of the book was great. And that "Asgardian" joke, ha ha ha ha. That's a good one. Young Avengers is seriously one of my favorite books right now. Hopefully, it'll release more regularly in the future.

Tenyuki said:
Do be honest, I thought the ending was pretty weak. The rest of the book was great. And that "Asgardian" joke, ha ha ha ha. That's a good one. Young Avengers is seriously one of my favorite books right now. Hopefully, it'll release more regularly in the future.
I agree about the ending.... please....

*Shows picture of kids with big smiles on their faces. "Where Super-Heroes NOW!!". Skipping off into the city to fight crime*.

What's worse? Next arc. They have to deal with their parents... Oh, no.

Still I'm sure it will all work out. It's a good title but the solicitations make it seem so cheesey

The Asgardian joke was pretty funny, and it was funny to see Patriot snickering at it.

Pretty good issue, and a decent arc. Good enough to continue getting.

Yeah, the Asgardian joke is very funny (and popular, it seems).

It was a good issue. The ending was pretty good, and the costumes do rock. And I can't blame Jessica Jones for hating time travel. :lol:

I dont see nothing wrong with the parents thing, as it was going to come anyways. What matters is HOW it will be handled/told.

TheManWithoutFear said:
*Shows picture of kids with big smiles on their faces. "Where Super-Heroes NOW!!". Skipping off into the city to fight crime*.
See, you just make it seem terrible and worse putting it like that. Although yes, that's what it basically is, putting it that way makes it seem horrible as hell.

Liked the issue and the direction the title is going - I thought the pacing and structure of this issue was a bit off though. There have been so many wonderful twists and turns in this series that the end of the first arc, achieved in the first few pages this month, felt like an anticlimax. Odd that the resolution issue feels like the weakest one so far, even though it has several very strong moments in it. From a drama standpoint, it seemed to me as though the beginning of this issue should have been in #5, and that #6 should have opened with them staring at the ruined mansion and gone from there. Or, alternatively, I'd have liked to have seen the discussion between Cassie and the rest of them lengthened out and made more of a central focus.

Still, though, Heinberg writes great dialog, shows a real feel for the young characters, handles the relationship deftly. I liked the gentle hints about the relationship between Wiccan, nee Asgardian, and Hulking. I had to have the joke about "Asgardian" explained to me. (Hangs head for being a bit dense on that one. I will NEVER understand schoolboy gay joke humor.) Nice touch between Patriot and Kate as well - you know they'd miss sparring with each other. Like the view of them as being a sort of young Hepburn and Tracy in the banter department.

Overall this arc has been very, very good, one of my favorites out of Marvel. Cheers for the comics newbie. I'd give the arc 4 out of 5 stars, though I'd only give this issue 3 out of 5.

I'm seriously considering adding this title to my pull list. I have a pretty strict 'non 616' rule, but I'm willing to ignore it because this deals with all new characters, like Runaways.

TheApostle said:
I also wonder what part this new Vision is going to play in this series.
Very good question.

I'd hate to see him just on the sidelines, assigning the kids missions, but I'd also hate to see the spotlight off the original members.

What do you guys thinks?

Latest posts

Back